Rumour has it.............

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Re: Rumour has it.............

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:28 pm

Danny Graham could be available on loan?
Pfffft.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:55 pm

Hayden White. Recalled from Carlisle (who apparently wanted to extend his loan to the end of the season) and immediately loaned to Bury. Bit of a strange one?!
May the bridges I burn light your way

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:07 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Hayden White. Recalled from Carlisle (who apparently wanted to extend his loan to the end of the season) and immediately loaned to Bury. Bit of a strange one?!
How long has he gone to bury for?
Wonder if its closer proximity means they can keep a better eye on him, as a few weeks ago NL said he had asked Keith Curle how he was doing and he said great, so it soudned as though we didnt watch his progress first hand.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:12 pm

wigan white wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Hayden White. Recalled from Carlisle (who apparently wanted to extend his loan to the end of the season) and immediately loaned to Bury. Bit of a strange one?!
How long has he gone to bury for?
Wonder if its closer proximity means they can keep a better eye on him, as a few weeks ago NL said he had asked Keith Curle how he was doing and he said great, so it soudned as though we didnt watch his progress first hand.
Until January. I thought that too, but then Carlisle's hardly at the ends of the Earth. Maybe Lennon likes the way that Flitcroft's got Bury playing. Dunno.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:39 pm

Maybe it's to see how he'll do for a better team: Bury have twice the points Carlisle do.

Maybe it's so he can stay down here rather than relocating - you imagine he'd've had to be in digs for Carlisle, whereas here... well, it's not beyond the bounds of imagination that (with Flitcroft's assent) Lennon might get him in for the odd session, chat or maybe even those pre-home-match pyjama parties the squad now has.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:30 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Maybe it's to see how he'll do for a better team: Bury have twice the points Carlisle do.

Maybe it's so he can stay down here rather than relocating - you imagine he'd've had to be in digs for Carlisle, whereas here... well, it's not beyond the bounds of imagination that (with Flitcroft's assent) Lennon might get him in for the odd session, chat or maybe even those pre-home-match pyjama parties the squad now has.
1st bold bit is what I thought, 2nd bold bit, lol!

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:11 pm

Lennon's attitude towards loanees seems very different to what we've been used to. Was just thinking that with Herd and Garvan gone, Vela and Clayton seem to be preferred over McNaughton and Mason. The general concept of favouring players under contract is a good 'un for me.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:56 pm

I think he's thinking "let's see if we can develop what we have and shore up in January"
Pfffft.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:42 pm

Looking at the team last night, where do we really need improvement? A goalscoring striker would be nice but it'd mean a change in system or dropping Davies, neither of which I think should happen unless we got a really top quality player. Maybe a left winger? I'm not sure, really. I think this squad is capable enough without needing to bring in other players. It seems a long time since Freedman said the players weren't good enough for the Championship and obviously that was a load of nonsense.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:54 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:Lennon's attitude towards loanees seems very different to what we've been used to. Was just thinking that with Herd and Garvan gone, Vela and Clayton seem to be preferred over McNaughton and Mason. The general concept of favouring players under contract is a good 'un for me.
mcNaughton is slightly different, he's ours for a year and I think out of contract at the end of it, so he's sort of ours if we want him. Mason should be third behind Cravies and Clayton now, but loanee or not, he trumps that shithouse Beckford every time.

Baconsalat
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Baconsalat » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:25 pm

Beckford should be sold, what is his wage £ 25.000 per week?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:45 pm

Baconsalat wrote:Beckford should be sold, what is his wage £ 25.000 per week?
Even if it's half that honestly who the fck would take him ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:48 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:It seems a long time since Freedman said the players weren't good enough for the Championship and obviously that was a load of nonsense.
There were enough on here who took others to task about the quality of the squad and said that those of us who thought it was generally OK, but underperforming, were fooling ourselves.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:00 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:It seems a long time since Freedman said the players weren't good enough for the Championship and obviously that was a load of nonsense.
There were enough on here who took others to task about the quality of the squad and said that those of us who thought it was generally OK, but underperforming, were fooling ourselves.
chill, Bobo - Insano has gone - just like Freedman has - and Coyle and Megson and little sammy Lee!!

enjoy the good times - they ain't improved by harking back... honest!

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:24 pm

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
chill, Bobo - Insano has gone - just like Freedman has - and Coyle and Megson and little sammy Lee!!

I was wondering the other day where he is. I remember him saying a while back that he'd been ill. Anyone know whether he's OK?

(Sorry for the off-topic post.)

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:29 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:Lennon's attitude towards loanees seems very different to what we've been used to. Was just thinking that with Herd and Garvan gone, Vela and Clayton seem to be preferred over McNaughton and Mason. The general concept of favouring players under contract is a good 'un for me.
I like the fact that he's actually playing, and therefore developing, some youngsters. A bit like the last guy kept telling us he was good at (before bringing some 30 year old in on loan from Palace)
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:32 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
I like the fact that he's actually playing, and therefore developing, some youngsters. A bit like the last guy kept telling us he was good at (before bringing some 30 year old in on loan from Palace)
After telling us that he was against signing players on loan as we'd end up developing someone else's players for them. :roll:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:48 pm

It would appear that Duggie is actually full of shit, whilst also being a shit manager.

What Lennon has managed to do so far with this group of players certainly shows how inept and over promoted he was.

Should be a scout and nothing higher.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:26 pm

jaffka wrote:It would appear that Duggie is actually full of shit, whilst also being a shit manager.

What Lennon has managed to do so far with this group of players certainly shows how inept and over promoted he was.

Should be a scout and nothing higher.
Couldn't agree more. I noticed he's not even mentioned in the gossip columns being linked with anything. I heard Leyton Orient wanted him and he said no, but not sure how true that is. Wonder if he'll accept that Scottish U21 role now as I can't see another league team wanting him.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:41 pm

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Aye, but it's only a couple of months since we had a thread along the lines of "have we ever had a squad this poor?", to which the answer was largely, "no". Now, it seems they're world beaters. All of which goes to show that we TWs not as clever as we might think we are! :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!