Rumour has it.............

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Rumour has it.............

Post by Hoboh » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:38 am

a1 wrote:mine defaults it to "ricardo vaz te with less balance"

but this is kind of better-

http://emileheskeyfallingoverthings.tumblr.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So, you were happier with Beckford, Elmander, Ngog, Robbie Blake, Sordell, etc. :crazy:

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:09 pm

Hoboh wrote: So, you were happier with Beckford, Elmander, Ngog, Robbie Blake, Sordell, etc. :crazy:
no, i'm saying emile heskey falls over a lot.

i'd not care if it were douglas or megson signing him up, i don't care that lennon might do.

he'll be ok.

carnt see him winning penalties here, mind.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:05 am

Bolton linked with a move for Luke Garbutt from Everton. He is a 21 year old left back who has only played one game for Everton. Luke has been on loan at Cheltenham and Colchester and played for England from the under 16's up to under 21's.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:22 am

malcd1 wrote:Bolton linked with a move for Luke Garbutt from Everton. He is a 21 year old left back who has only played one game for Everton. Luke has been on loan at Cheltenham and Colchester and played for England from the under 16's up to under 21's.
Very well regarded by a non-hysterical Evertonian I know. Being behind Baines can't give him much scope so he'll need some experience.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:25 am

given the comments on another thread - will we be allowed to make a move for anyone?

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:53 am

Even if we are placed under the transfer 'ban' we can still sign players

Its one in, one out, and the player coming in has to be on no more than 75% of the one going out

Maybe Spearing and Bogdan will need to be sacrificed
Sto ut Serviam

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:35 am

Errrrr, another young left back?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:02 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Even if we are placed under the transfer 'ban' we can still sign players

Its one in, one out, and the player coming in has to be on no more than 75% of the one going out

Or Moxey, or Tierney..

Neither are needed, but then like you say, neither is Spearing.. I'd still have Bogdan as I don't think he and Lonergan are on much different salaries (speculating of course) and he's younger and (in my opinion) better
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:51 pm

Tierney is finished as I believe you will have heard

Moxey will be on nearer 5 than 50, unlike Bogdan

I also have Lonergan in the relatively sane pay scale, though who knows what fcuking Coyle gave him

I'd go 10/15 for Spearing
Sto ut Serviam

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:00 pm

boltonboris wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:Even if we are placed under the transfer 'ban' we can still sign players

Or Moxey, or Tierney..

Neither are needed, but then like you say, neither is Spearing.. I'd still have Bogdan as I don't think he and Lonergan are on much different salaries (speculating of course) and he's younger and (in my opinion) better
Good luck with finding homes for either Moxey, or Tierney.

I agree that Bogdan is both younger and better that Lonergan. I think he will leave however because he can command higher wages elsewhere than we will be offering.

Of course Lonergan, who has performed admirably through this latest spell in the jersey, is also out of contract next summer. We might well end up with A. N. Other next term, someone cheap, yet cheerful.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:08 pm

Enoch wrote:We might well end up with A. N. Other next term, someone cheap, yet cheerful.
Can Robbie Blake go in nets?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:21 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Tierney is finished as I believe you will have heard

I also have Lonergan in the relatively sane pay scale, though who knows what fcuking Coyle gave him

Bogdan is on closer to 50k than 5k? That would put him on £27.5k and above. Really? And Lonergan, a journeyman keeper if ever there was one, the same?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:23 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:

Bogdan is on closer to 50k than 5k? That would put him on £27.5k and above. Really? And Lonergan, a journeyman keeper if ever there was one, the same?
Think Caps is claiming Lonergan's wage is, by comparison to Bogdan's, "relatively sane".

Worth remembering Bogdan's had a few contract extensions and those things rarely involve a wage drop.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:18 pm

boltonboris wrote:

Or Moxey, or Tierney..

Ha, this may well go towards proving your point about finances but I'd made a completely different assumption that Boggers, who we had in the Prem would be on much higher wages than Lonners. If that's the case, I'd be focussing on keeping Lonners as I think he's good enough for us at the moment and we need to cut wages somewhere. If they're about the same then I'd agree Boggers is the better option. Not convinced Boggers won't be counting on a big money deal from somewhere ("I'm a highly rated young keeper, me").
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:58 am

Lord Kangana wrote:

On reflection, possibly not over 25, but there'll not be much in it for the longest serving player at the club with a decent sell on value when he signed his deals

Lonergan should be on about 5, but I honestly don't know anymore

Craig Davies was on 4k at week at Barnsley - their highest paid player, so I really don't see how the going rate for, as you rightly put it, a jobbing (reserve) keeper should be any more
Sto ut Serviam

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:22 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Craig Davies was on 4k at week at Barnsley - their highest paid player, so I really don't see how the going rate for, as you rightly put it, a jobbing (reserve) keeper should be any more
Except that Ollie and Stan were doling out contracts based on their expected 2ppg romp back to the Premier League. Wiki (I know...) claims Lonergan was on £10kpw at Preston, before a big move to higher-division Leeds and then on to us. Who knows, he might have seemed cheap compared to the multi-year contracts handed out to thirtysomething freebies Knight, Ricketts and Andrews.

midnitefooty
Promising
Promising

Post by midnitefooty » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:08 pm

so it seems Tony Fernandes gave an Air Asia press conference in Korea and said QPR would be signing up to two Korean players in the transfer window. I think he's just trying to make a splash with the Korean press but still... it would be terrible to see Chungy go.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 pm

Especially to QPR and Harry 'We'll take a look at him' Redknapp.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:30 pm

midnitefooty wrote:so it seems Tony Fernandes gave an Air Asia press conference in Korea and said QPR would be signing up to two Korean players in the transfer window. I think he's just trying to make a splash with the Korean press but still... it would be terrible to see Chungy go.
You start to feel really good about things right now, then realise what an auction room football really is. If Fernandez is trying to look good talking about signing Korean players, somebody should remind him we already did; five years ago.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:32 pm

Jugs wrote:Especially to QPR and Harry 'We'll take a look at him' Redknapp.
Well, Chungy is a 'top, top player'.
May the bridges I burn light your way