Site For Sale

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Site For Sale

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:35 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Just to clarify, I mean an actual woman. Or a portly 50 year old bloke in stockings and suspenders?
By Jove ... he's got it !!
feck me! Is that an admittance of guilt? :shock:
Only just felt mentally well enough to respond. Trying to come to terms with the image that invaded my mind's eye.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:01 pm

Natasha liked hot Ribena, or Vimto, and dating bankers. (Well I think that's how she spelled it) and I think, knew Mitch the burger flipper. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:15 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Just to clarify, I mean an actual woman. Or a portly 50 year old bloke in stockings and suspenders?
By Jove ... he's got it !!
feck me! Is that an admittance of guilt? :shock:
Only just felt mentally well enough to respond. Trying to come to terms with the image that invaded my mind's eye.
Do you reckon he was wearing them whilst sat next to you at Crewe? On second thoughts, banish that thought from your mind. I've just been sick in my mouth. :roll:

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:13 am

Happy to set up a DD! just let me know!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:01 am

Gravedigger wrote:Four pages to rancour and argument so about right. Keveh has done a super job, coupled with his team, and deserves all our thanks as has been shown by some. The cost individually is neither here nor there; it's either a couple of pints a year which is the healthy option or being denied the stressful, exciting banter that is generally found here. "Secret Forum". We've had one of those since the days of Atom, then when Bish (Bishop) started up what eventually turned into TW and we all thought Mar was a female, Simbo would come round your house, from Uxbridge, and thump you, Bolton Billy would be at away games and buy you a drink, Bench came and went as family life grabbed hold of him and Keveh took hold of the reins. Leyther Matt used to post "Shortest posts" to enhance his post-count when he and I were neck and neck on 5000 posts each and we agreed to reset the count to allow others to catch up. We've seen Todd and son, Rioch, BSA, JJ, Campo, Gudni, Super John, Nolan, even Ricketts in that superb season. Been to Europe and Wembley and now down in the Championship. It's been up and down, like the football this site has been filled with excitement, happiness, downright depression and some mudslinging, but we went in one end and came out the other virtually untouched. Now we move on. Doesn't matter if it's £350pa or nowt, it's the closeness we have each with the other, even as strangers there's still lots this site offers and it'd be a shame for it to be allowed to sink without trace. So I'm in for a few bob and long may it be so. 8)
Brought a tear to my eye that did. Good times and what a bloody roller coaster this here site has been - for everything involved over the years.

Tis true. Family life got hold of me nada and I barely get chance to check the official page these days, never mind the hallowed halls of TW. Can't say that's a bad thing considering results of late. I even went to the added effort of moving to Australia in the hope that kick-off times at one in the morning would give me less reason to watch and maintain ever growing levels of disappointment.

Keveh - I know what a great job you have done over the years keeping this leaking ship together. Haven't got through all the pages yet so not sure if there has been a resolution but I am sure some of the dedicated and slightly insane members will be keen to lend a hand - it already sounds that there are a few lining up. The only question is WHERE THE BLOODY HELL WERE YOU LOT IN THE BEGINNING?! :spank:

In any case. Keveh - you are the rock god of the football internet world. Thanks for putting up with me (in the early years) and the rest of these passionate muppets since. :oyea:

And, just to maintain good form:

:laugh: sluffy
Smarties have answers.....

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:08 pm

Welcome to our little site Bench.

Maybe you would like to go to the 'New Member" page and introduce yourself ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:01 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Welcome to our little site Bench.

Maybe you would like to go to the 'New Member" page and introduce yourself ??
So they let you hang around then, eh bobo? Standards have seemingly slipped......

:Jedi:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:39 pm

Tee-hee. Never even banned. Not once. Not even a warning.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:48 pm

Out of interest, what happened to Bolton Billy?

Did he find a new home - hes not been on here since 2008 but I've definitely seen and spoken to the pisscan since that
Sto ut Serviam

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:37 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Gravedigger wrote:What's the latest? Christmas is coming so need to set aside some doubloons.
On a slight tangent, nipped in to sluffy's site and there are a number of high posters, obviously long time members who seem to crap on posters who disagree with them. Abuse is rife, not banter but real abuse. By comparison Natalie, also a member, is an angel. So his assertion that his site is cheap and fair and everyone gets respect is just a load of testicles, though it does appear to be cheap. I was invited to join to view pics and post but I didn't have the will power. 8)
Natalie? Do you mean Natasha? Or has she changed her name again. You say there are a number of "high posters" who are abusive - I've noticed when some of our posters get high, the abuse can fly around! Every site is different and probably reflects its members. I found Wanderer's Way had too much abuse and swearing, but some people like that kind of banter. It is also, I believe, self-evident that if the site administration doesn't moderate discussions and impose discipline, discussion will become - er - franker. So one can choose between a regulated site and an open one, and these options and colours in between tend to be available - pick the site that suits you. This said I have known Sluffy on and off for a long time (virtually speaking). I understand why our powers that be have found him annoying, but in the latest imbroglio he was far more sinned against than sinning when it came to abuse (check what was said by him and to him). For this reason I thought a permanent ban was an over-reaction on the part of site administration, but such things are not a question where my opinion is of value, so there wasn't much point in saying anything.
Not only is 'Natasha' a member, she also does this: http://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t9408-beh ... ity#189032" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Which looks familiar.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:44 am

Interestingly Pru.....that piece that he / she is doing there was first done by our very own vicar!

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:44 pm

Bench wrote:Interestingly Pru.....that piece that he / she is doing there was first done by our very own vicar!
Are you saying..... Bish = Natasha? :shock:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:46 pm

clapton is god wrote:
Bench wrote:Interestingly Pru.....that piece that he / she is doing there was first done by our very own vicar!
The evidence seems fairly clear.

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:54 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
clapton is god wrote:
The evidence seems fairly clear.
:shock:

We always assumed that he/she has several accounts on here....bloody clever if it is...and slightly disturbing too......

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:59 pm

Sometimes, that 'shock' emoticon just isn't enough. I need something like Edvard Munch's Scream to display what I'm feeling right now.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:20 pm

A guy from the Bolton nuts website was on the GMR phone-in with Lennon suggesting he get Rioch involved. Was that this sluffy guy? Lennon politely ducked the slightly unrealistic suggestion!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:03 pm

LeverEnd wrote:A guy from the Bolton nuts website was on the GMR phone-in with Lennon suggesting he get Rioch involved. Was that this sluffy guy? Lennon politely ducked the slightly unrealistic suggestion!
I heard that, and a little part of me died. Not Sluffster - he's the Judean People's Front (Burnden Aces I think).

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:05 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:A guy from the Bolton nuts website was on the GMR phone-in with Lennon suggesting he get Rioch involved. Was that this sluffy guy? Lennon politely ducked the slightly unrealistic suggestion!
I heard that, and a little part of me died. Not Sluffster - he's the Judean People's Front (Burnden Aces I think).
I thought he said Bolton Nuts, SPLITTER!!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:29 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
I thought he said Bolton Nuts, SPLITTER!!
The guy on the 'phone in said he was from Bolton Nuts. I though Sluffy had a gig with Burnden Aces....could be wrong though.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:45 am

On this thread, sluffy wrote:Anyway long story short, I and two other well travelled forumers started up a new site a couple of years ago called Bolton Nuts.