Empty seats @ Macron

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Empty seats @ Macron

Post by EverSoYouri » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:24 am

thebish wrote:^ he wouldn't know - cos they haven't told him! ;-)
The irresistible power of logic... :wink:

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:26 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Worthy4England wrote: 7) Value of squad - £14.1m (in the director opinion delusion)
Agree with what you've written Worthy, but couldn't resist highlighting this bit!
Indeed - this was the Report to June 2013 - so we've lost some since then - wonder how much they'll write down for Sordell, Andrews and N'gog.

That'd be the 0.1 then... :-)
Perhaps the value was based on salary rather than saleability? These accountants are slippery customers!
I think you will find we have to take exams that prove we are honest and that every accountant that has ever taken exams like CIMA, AAT and ACCA even Arthur Anderson's accountant are 100% truthful.
Thank you. Your cheque is in the post.

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:29 am

To be fair to Dan, the phrase 'dishonest accountant' is clearly an oxymoron.

As are the phrases 'rich lawyer' and 'pedantic traffic warden'.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:58 am

[/quote]

I think you will find we have to take exams that prove we are honest and that every accountant that has ever taken exams like CIMA, AAT and ACCA even Arthur Anderson's accountant are 100% truthful.[/quote]

I can't tell, but I really hope you are being sarcastic with this comment Dan. As in my job, I deal with accountants everyday and examine the work they do and I can tell you that even though most are ok and decent, there's a hell of a lot that are incompetent in the work they produce for companies and a lot are down right "Dodgy as feck" so just because the accounts say one thing it doesn't actually mean that it's correct.[/quote]

As I'm setting up a new limited company WW, any chance you could recommend a good Dodgy as Feck one? :D
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:40 am

Bijou Bob wrote:
I think you will find we have to take exams that prove we are honest and that every accountant that has ever taken exams like CIMA, AAT and ACCA even Arthur Anderson's accountant are 100% truthful.[/quote]

I can't tell, but I really hope you are being sarcastic with this comment Dan. As in my job, I deal with accountants everyday and examine the work they do and I can tell you that even though most are ok and decent, there's a hell of a lot that are incompetent in the work they produce for companies and a lot are down right "Dodgy as feck" so just because the accounts say one thing it doesn't actually mean that it's correct.[/quote]

As I'm setting up a new limited company WW, any chance you could recommend a good Dodgy as Feck one? :D[/quote]

come up with a name yet??

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:54 am

That's a point. Where's my bottle of Chivas Regal? :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:57 am

Worthy4England wrote:The average price of a ticket was £8.15 last season. We make circa £130k per game from gate receipts. An additional £43k per game would be a decent improvement.
I remember being surprised by that low average price when a walk on is three or four times that. Kids and OAP season tickets I suppose. My adult one is £13 per game too. Just shows how far we are behind, I bet it's an average closer to £50 for somewhere like Arsenal.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:13 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:

As I'm setting up a new limited company WW, any chance you could recommend a good Dodgy as Feck one? :D[/quote]

:lol: too be fair I could recommend (or not) quite a few, funnily enough most seem to be over the Stockport side of Manchester although a few are much closer to home :wink:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:05 pm

wigan white wrote:I can tell you that even though most are ok and decent, there's a hell of a lot that are incompetent in the work they produce
Ah! But can they use the quote thingy?

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:51 pm

Enoch wrote:
wigan white wrote:I can tell you that even though most are ok and decent, there's a hell of a lot that are incompetent in the work they produce
Ah! But can they use the quote thingy?
:oops: not sure what went on there?

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:26 pm

Its a good job we didn't all give up in the 80s when things were proper shit

You'd not be able to debate whether you're a customer or a fan if more had been like you softarse hand wringers who have more sense than us

There would be no club - just do me a favour and don't come back when things turn, as they inevitably will

Dan - your maths is bollocks but you're worth 10s of the losers who run away when it gets tough
Sto ut Serviam

B4E
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by B4E » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:29 pm

I missed the two games just gone as I've just arrived at uni, I tried to give my season ticket to someone so they could go and watch it and nobody would take it, suppose that highlights how bad we are now.
I miss Zat Knight already.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:52 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:

No I wasn't being serious infact I believe on average they are just as dishonest as salesman if not more so, the difference is we don't have to have the gift of the gab.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:57 pm

I know one in Slough who when HMRC come in could convince HMRC that their the ones being inspected not him.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:06 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Its a good job we didn't all give up in the 80s when things were proper shit

You'd not be able to debate whether you're a customer or a fan if more had been like you softarse hand wringers who have more sense than us

There would be no club - just do me a favour and don't come back when things turn, as they inevitably will

Dan - your maths is bollocks but you're worth 10s of the losers who run away when it gets tough
Thanks Caps, you have really made me proud with that statement, I will be there when were in league 2, I'll be there when were in the Conference North. I will be there right up to the day the club goes under which sadly I predict it will do at some point in the next 20 years without major investment.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:47 pm

I was there all through the seventies and the eighties Caps. I'd consider myself a softarse if I continued to cough up 28 notes plus train plus beer every week to not enjoy myself out of a misplaced loyalty. I'll listen on't wireless instead.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:48 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I was there all through the seventies and the eighties Caps. I'd consider myself a softarse if I continued to cough up 28 notes plus train plus beer every week to not enjoy myself out of a misplaced loyalty. I'll listen on't wireless instead.
^ not a proper fan! :lol: :wink:

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:17 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I was there all through the seventies and the eighties Caps. I'd consider myself a softarse if I continued to cough up 28 notes plus train plus beer every week to not enjoy myself out of a misplaced loyalty. I'll listen on't wireless instead.
Bijou was at Watford, which is a bloody long way from Bolton TBF

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:52 pm

Athers wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:The average price of a ticket was £8.15 last season. We make circa £130k per game from gate receipts. An additional £43k per game would be a decent improvement.
I remember being surprised by that low average price when a walk on is three or four times that. Kids and OAP season tickets I suppose. My adult one is £13 per game too. Just shows how far we are behind, I bet it's an average closer to £50 for somewhere like Arsenal.
I know an Arsenal STH who pays over £2,000 a season for his 19 Prem League games....
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:27 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:I know one in Slough who when HMRC come in could convince HMRC that their the ones being inspected not him.
Would probably depend on who visited him :wink: