Freedman gone

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Freedman gone

Post by StaffsTrotter » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:32 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
danardif1 wrote:Forest better get ready for a lot of transfers incoming from Palace and Millwall...
He doesn't need any new players. When he was Our Dougie he was quoted as saying about Forest:
“We watched them and the depth Stuart has got in his squad is pretty much as good as you’ll get in the Championship.

“He can play two teams and two benches with good quality players at this level of football.

“It’s hard to know what side he will pick but in the last few weeks he’s picked up Chris Burke, Michail Antonio and Britt Assombalonga to give him that confidence boost. It’s something I’m trying to do – get those attacking players in as the final piece of the jigsaw. But with £8m it’s a bit easier to do. "
Put a bit of pressure in himself there.
Well remembered - he did always seem to want to cry foul about their transfer activity. Slightly ironic that he is the guy now going in to sort out their FFP - I assume it his off the field financial 'achievements' that have got him the gig.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:34 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:We used to have a knob-head come on here who was a Forest fan - UptheM61 or some such. Dunno quite what his problem was with Bolton, but I can safely say, I'm delighted for the fcuker.
As I recall UpTheM61 was upset because of the disrespect we showed to The Great Club. I don't think he's been back since Pearce took over.
I don't think he can come back (well not as up the M61 anyhow!)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:42 am

I think I'll nip down and bump up the Freedman out thread, that should cheer up any visiting Forrest fans. :wink:

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:02 am

People in high places already walking out of Forest due to not being consulted on the Freedman appointment :lol:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:53 am

ChrisC wrote:People in high places already walking out of Forest due to not being consulted on the Freedman appointment :lol:
Apparently, Prince John, Guy of Gisbourne and the Sheriff of Nottingham are absolutely furious and have declared Freedman an outlaw. Robin Hood is pxssing himself. :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:58 am

and once again - Freedman is topping the Bolton section of out Forum - with the top two non-sticky threads being named for him!! the man's clearly a legend!! :-)

(interesting typo there - I am obv so used to typing the word "out" in association with "Freedman"!)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:59 am

thebish wrote:and once again - Freedman is topping the Bolton section of out Forum - with the top two non-sticky threads being named for him!! the man's clearly a legend!! :-)
He's not a leg end bish, he's a bell end!

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:09 am

Would this mean we don't have to keep paying him now or did we settle it all at the time?
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:10 am

I think it was all settled at the time - I may be wrong - but I don't think this was ever gardening leave...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:59 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Dougie Freedman now occupies a position previously held by Brian Clough :shock:
:lol: That 'other' connection almost passed me by!

A quote off the Forest board - 'Much of it in the Championship is pot luck. Managers do well at one place and bomb at another'

If he's learned lessons and as long as half the Forest squad don't need to learn how to run properly, he might, just might, do ok.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

mcflykyle182
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mcflykyle182 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:48 pm

Forest away on the 21st looking slightly more interesting
''Amazing! Out of nothing Bolton are level. A quick throw, Kevin Nolan keeps play alive in the box and finds Kevin Davies on the left who lashes a shot under Oliver Kahn.''

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:13 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Dougie Freedman now occupies a position previously held by Brian Clough :shock:
:lol: That 'other' connection almost passed me by!

A quote off the Forest board - 'Much of it in the Championship is pot luck. Managers do well at one place and bomb at another'

If he's learned lessons and as long as half the Forest squad don't need to learn how to run properly, he might, just might, do ok.
Might as well be from the Forest Boardroom. Although it looks like there might be a bit of tumbleweed around there after yesterday's events.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:57 pm

:D

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:06 pm

I'm surprised. Dave Sutton's Barnet made the argument recently that he'll probably end up at a championship club, and he has done. I guess we have to remember that outsiders will have a different perception than us, but I can't imagine his references - if they even bothered to ask for any - flattered him. Feb 21st will be interesting!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:36 pm

Coyle managed to get a job at the FA Cup holders, so nothing should surprise you!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:52 pm

https://twitter.com/Official_NFFC/statu ... 8229022722" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ah
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:10 pm

That's good, if only he'd have had that father figure to turn to when he managed us...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:12 pm

Worthy4England wrote:That's good, if only he'd have had that father figure to turn to when he managed us...
if it ain't broke....

break it properly!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:25 pm

The Forest fans say that his contract is for 0.4 of a year.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:49 pm

jaffka wrote:The Forest fans say that his contract is for 0.4 of a year.
1.1 years off

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/ ... 46022.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.