Lennon announced on Offish site

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Lennon announced on Offish site

Post by Bruno3 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:22 am

Who's the guy with the tied up pony tail running between the sticks at about 2.10 of the training video?

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:27 am

Bruno3 wrote:Who's the guy with the tied up pony tail running between the sticks at about 2.10 of the training video?
Is it Eaves?
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:29 am

malcd1 wrote:
Bruno3 wrote:Who's the guy with the tied up pony tail running between the sticks at about 2.10 of the training video?
Is it Eaves?
Do you know I have puzzling over who that was. Never thought of Eaves!!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:01 am

twilight wrote:
malcd1 wrote:
Is it Eaves?
Do you know I have puzzling over who that was. Never thought of Eaves!!
It seems we are all puzzling over that same guy.

I didn't ask as I assumed everyone else would know and I didn't want to seem the only boy in class who didn't.

I thought Eaves was on loan somewhere. .... or maybe I just assumed that, seeing as he normally is.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:39 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Lennon'sEleven wrote:Right - name change in place! Let's see how long this one lasts....

Think I'll probably head over to Charlton on Tuesday night, though can't make it to Birmingham. Results in these next two away fixtures against a struggler and a surprise soarer would set things up nicely for the Brentford game. He couldn't have asked for a better first home game, really. They're playing well, Brentford, but definitely a winnable fixture. I am hopeful, and can see five points from the next three. I'd take four, though. Or three.
As per Fulham, I'm hoping to clear the decks to do so too.
Along with Pru, GtE, Keyser, Enoch (?) it seems...quite the merry band.

I was planning on paying on the gate (hope that's an option). Once there's a match thread, plans can be made more solid. Looking forward to it!
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:42 am

malcd1 wrote:
Is it Eaves?
Haven't a clue

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:14 am

Lennon'sEleven wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Lennon'sEleven wrote:Think I'll probably head over to Charlton on Tuesday night
As per Fulham, I'm hoping to clear the decks to do so too.
Along with Pru, GtE, Keyser, Enoch (?) it seems...quite the merry band.

I was planning on paying on the gate (hope that's an option). Once there's a match thread, plans can be made more solid. Looking forward to it!
No news on whether it's pay on the gate, but bad news from my bank manager: the £24 the ticket costs would be roughly half the money I've got left for the rest of the month. So of course I'm still considering it, but I do like eating now and again, too...

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:29 pm

Hallelujah! Well done Zulu! Closing the Lenny out. Why do we have so many Morons who want to kick him before he even started? Come on you Whites!! Sort it out.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:14 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:bad news from my bank manager: the £24 the ticket costs would be roughly half the money I've got left for the rest of the month. So of course I'm still considering it, but I do like eating now and again, too...
that's a very personal banking service that I thought was long gone! :D

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:17 pm

Pre-match Press Conference with Neil Lennon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biTIMJl ... e=youtu.be

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:22 pm

From the Press Conference:

"...Bournemouth looked a good footballing side, as did Fulham, as did Leeds. But then anyone would look good against us the way we’ve been playing…"

I like him...

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:54 pm

Sponge wrote:From the Press Conference:

"...Bournemouth looked a good footballing side, as did Fulham, as did Leeds. But then anyone would look good against us the way we’ve been playing…"

I like him...

Especially the bit where he said 'that's got to change.' :)

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:53 am

thebish wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:bad news from my bank manager: the £24 the ticket costs would be roughly half the money I've got left for the rest of the month. So of course I'm still considering it, but I do like eating now and again, too...
that's a very personal banking service that I thought was long gone! :D
I also have a personal shopper and a personal banking service.

It's called the wife.
Smarties have answers.....

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:57 am

I like him...
This alone gives him a few runs on the board......

For just a brief second there, I got a little bit excited. I had to sit down soon afterwards as I felt a little bit dizzy.

I hope that this vague feeling of hope and euphoria doesn't last too long. I'm not sure I could handle it........

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:47 am

Back in from the wilderness bench...

Anyway re earlier vela discussion, see http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... s/?ref=mac" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In the squad, might start him??

He's assessed the youth this werk. Banged iliev and kellet out on loan which is great, but kept threlkeld wilkinson and vela around. I'd be tempted to send oscar out, he looked indifferent in the cup by all accounts and we have mcnauhton and herd.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:56 am

Bench wrote:

I like him...

For just a brief second there, I got a little bit excited. I had to sit down soon afterwards as I felt a little bit dizzy.

I hope that this vague feeling of hope and euphoria doesn't last too long. I'm not sure I could handle it........
I quite liked 'a point would be... maybe satisfactory'.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:27 am

officer_dibble wrote:Back in from the wilderness bench...

Anyway re earlier vela discussion, see http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... s/?ref=mac" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In the squad, might start him??

He's assessed the youth this werk. Banged iliev and kellet out on loan which is great, but kept threlkeld wilkinson and vela around. I'd be tempted to send oscar out, he looked indifferent in the cup by all accounts and we have mcnauhton and herd.
it's interesting, as you say, that some have gone out week one others are even in the squad. Clearly he really fancies Clayton. Vela getting a mention ... probably as Medo is our ... & so far at least Clough and Wilkinson are sticking here though I ssuspect both may go out in the coming days.

Threlkeld was given a real run around at Crewe. But he was probably about average for a team who were simply awful that night. If Nellie has had palpations watching videos of our last four games I suggest they jeep him away from the Bury & Crewe ones.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:50 am

Nicko58 wrote:
Bench wrote:

I like him...

I quite liked 'a point would be... maybe satisfactory'.
Agreed. He recognises that a point would be a vast improvement, but doesn't want to reduce what would be acceptable by saying so. He clearly wants the win but is hedging his bets as he has only just met the squad and needs the time.

Now.....if we manage to keep a clean sheet I reckon he will accept a draw as a good result.

Reckon we will see Vela, at least for a brief cameo, at some point during the game.

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:08 am

I'm impressed by the plan to get the players staying in a hotel together the night before every game (I think he says home games as well as away games?)

This ought to keep them in line, and get them focused on the job in hand (and may also be good for team spirit).

Sound thinking. Hope it makes a difference.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:14 am

EverSoYouri wrote:I'm impressed by the plan to get the players staying in a hotel together the night before every game (I think he says home games as well as away games?)

This ought to keep them in line, and get them focused on the job in hand (and may also be good for team spirit).

Sound thinking. Hope it makes a difference.
Yes, he said home and away ... & of course not all away games are terribly far. It's a good discipline... and, seeing as we own a hotel shouldn't be foolishly expensive.

In my heart of hearts I'm not sure it's necessarily a good thing for team spirit as who's to say it suits everyone but as a new broom good luck to him.

Also, if I understood what he said correctly, it's a mile away from the players turning up for a 3pm ko at 1.30pm ... I do hope I misunderstood that coz it'd be Coylesque in its naivety.
Last edited by bobo the clown on Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.