Will Carrot Top top Carrott?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Will Carrot Top top Carrott?

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:38 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
The Trotters took the lead against the run of play when Mills nodded in, prompting Lennon to sprint down the touchline in celebration
Report on the BBC website. Really? Against the run of play? Must've been from Auntie's Birmingham Correspondent.

Anyhow, good to be only miffed at the quality of BBC reporting for a change.
Yeah I spotted that too. I wouldn't go as far as to say we were dominating but we were the only one who looked like a football team at that point! We probably regressed to their level in the last half hour as nerves and a lack of confidence played a part. We had so many 3 v 3s on the break second half and picked the wrong option every single time!
Aye, that's the way I saw it too.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:38 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
The Trotters took the lead against the run of play when Mills nodded in, prompting Lennon to sprint down the touchline in celebration
Report on the BBC website. Really? Against the run of play? Must've been from Auntie's Birmingham Correspondent.

Anyhow, good to be only miffed at the quality of BBC reporting for a change.
Yeah I spotted that too. I wouldn't go as far as to say we were dominating but we were the only one who looked like a football team at that point! We probably regressed to their level in the last half hour as nerves and a lack of confidence played a part. We had so many 3 v 3s on the break second half and picked the wrong option every single time!
... & to be fair that was noted by Nellie and I think he'll be working on that. Those 3 v 3's were glaring but at least we were breaking and sort of flooding forward, which hasn't been out trademark for some while.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:42 pm

Prufrock wrote:PASHUN!
We asked for it and got it. What more can you want than for your new manaher to get sent off first game? Get in..... :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:51 pm

Talking the game through with LE and my lad on the journey back ( Thanks for driving mate!) on reflection, we thought the biggest difference today was tactical. DF was happy to let teams have the ball, Lennon on the other hand has clearly given instructions to win the ball back as quickly as possible and get the ball out wide within two passes.

It was great to see.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:55 pm

Aye. It was on a stream and from watching that, it was quite apparent that the instruction was "if you haven't got the ball, go and bloody well get it back."

Oh and stop fannying about knocking across the back 4, look for forward movement.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:21 pm

So ..... do we keep him ???
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:23 pm

the whites are going up !

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:23 pm

Absolutely brilliant. So satisfied by this win and performance. I really like Lennon's quotes regarding the penalty, how he wanted Spearing to take it because he was a more technical player suited to that situation.

Ever since QPR at home last season, when Chungy played in the midfield, I've been asking for him to be played there again. He just isn't effective on the wing anymore. But Dougie, despite Chungy being influential against QPR in the middle, never tried it again.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:29 pm

Jugs wrote:Absolutely brilliant. So satisfied by this win and performance. I really like Lennon's quotes regarding the penalty, how he wanted Spearing to take it because he was a more technical player suited to that situation.

Ever since QPR at home last season, when Chungy played in the midfield, I've been asking for him to be played there again. He just isn't effective on the wing anymore. But Dougie, despite Chungy being influential against QPR in the middle, never tried it again.
Yeah ... "Dougie Out". Has he gone yet ... btw ?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:57 pm

Absolutely fecking brilliant start to his reign.

So fecking pleased that we got the ultimate 3 points.

Someone is going to get a tatering off us this season now. Hopefully them six fingered b*stards.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:26 pm

bobo the clown wrote:So ..... do we keep him ???
a resounding bloody YES!!! and Mjallby too :wink:

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:02 am

Really interesting how much nelly waxes lyrical about chungy in the website post match chat. Like he's stumbled upon the new maradona or summat!
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:03 am

KeyserSoze wrote:Really interesting how much nelly waxes lyrical about chungy in the website post match chat. Like he's stumbled upon the new maradona or summat!
Being talked up ... and played where he can make an impact, may be just what he's needed.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:05 am

Funny really, playing players where they can be good.

Who would ever have thought it!

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:09 am

jaffka wrote:Funny really, playing players where they can be good.

Who would ever have thought it!
It's a novel approach. I'm hoping he tries this 'continental' method again :lol: :wink:
Pfffft.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:28 am

Bijou Bob wrote:Talking the game through with LE and my lad on the journey back ( Thanks for driving mate!) on reflection, we thought the biggest difference today was tactical. DF was happy to let teams have the ball, Lennon on the other hand has clearly given instructions to win the ball back as quickly as possible and get the ball out wide within two passes.

It was great to see.
Yeah, I thought so too. There wasn't a huge change, and there couldn't be in such a short space of time, but the closing down and our higher line were definite improvements. Our players look so short of confidence at the moment but hopefully we can just get a bit of momentum and if that coincides with more tactical improvements, we'll be a good team again.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:36 am

to get a win when we have been so poor, despite last time rounds perceived better performance and energy levels is great.

the training ground is going to be buzzing

dream start so far, one out one and the fans were getting excited just from his press conferences

what ever happens in the long term at the moment there is defo a feel good factor

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:14 am

KeyserSoze wrote:Really interesting how much nelly waxes lyrical about chungy in the website post match chat. Like he's stumbled upon the new maradona or summat!
Considering some of the players he's worked with when both playing himself and at Celtic, it's very exciting hearing him feel so positive about Chungy (mentioning him in the same breath as Nakamura! Great player...)... and I've thought for a while that he'd be great through the middle with his technique.

And Neil can see that his injury has perhaps affected him mentally which is something that he said right in his first press conference is fixable, that confidence can be instilled in players with the right environment and obviously some results to back it up.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:29 am

Very encouraging quotes about the penalty. Thoughtful but obvious. (Well, perhaps not encouraging for Cravies that he wanted "a technical player" to take it...)

If the plan is to get it wide in two passes, imagine how we'll do when one of the wingers isn't Darren, bless him.

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:38 am

Reckon Lennie will give a couple of the kids ago on the wing - Hall is a bit nippy and lively for example. However he probably wanted some solidity on Saturday rather than trying to change the whole shooting match (that's a football pun right there). Chances are he'll run the rule of the kids for the next week or so before tinkering further.

So brace yourself for more cameo roles with the likes of Dazza, Danns, Trotter and Feeney.
Smarties have answers.....