First game, sent to stand..

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Re: First game, sent to stand..

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:53 pm

Fatshaft wind your neck in mate. You've made your point.
Businesswoman of the year.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:04 am

CrazyHorse wrote:Fatshaft wind your neck in mate. You've made your point.
Good. I imagine the personal attacks will cease? The fact I'm Scottish has feck all to do with my opinion.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:10 am

You mean personal attacks like 'and go feck yourself btw ye fecking bigotted prick'?
Yeah.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:10 am

Give it a rest, fella. You don't like him, that's clear. He's was clearly happy his new team had scored. That's the end of it.
Pfffft.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:13 am

fatshaft wrote:
Good. I imagine the personal attacks will cease? The fact I'm Scottish has feck all to do with my opinion.
Do us a fecking favour. You're obviously looking to provoke a reaction, so don't give it the "what did I do, Ref?" When you get a reaction.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:16 am

CrazyHorse wrote:You mean personal attacks like 'and go feck yourself btw ye fecking bigotted prick'?
Yeah.
I'm not a turn the other cheek kind a guy, I'm more of an eye for an eye.

If others refrain from that shit, then so will I. Don't try to make me out as the instigator here.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:19 am

Worthy4England wrote:
fatshaft wrote:
Do us a fecking favour. You're obviously looking to provoke a reaction, so don't give it the "what did I do, Ref?" When you get a reaction.
Am I feck, unless the reaction is "you were right obese-fallused fella". That reaction would be understandable and correct.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:20 am

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:21 am

I like having a manager who other fans will dislike. As long as our players and our fans like him, that's all that matters, and the negativity aimed at us and him should only spur us on to want to put other teams in their place. I'm sick of being a 'nice' team, I want us to have a bit of edge and I want Lennon and our players to give the finger to any critics. If Lennon is the most hated manager in the country, but the team fights for him, good, that isn't a bad thing at all.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:25 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:I like having a manager who other fans will dislike. As long as our players and our fans like him, that's all that matters, and the negativity aimed at us and him should only spur us on to want to put other teams in their place. I'm sick of being a 'nice' team, I want us to have a bit of edge and I want Lennon and our players to give the finger to any critics. If Lennon is the most hated manager in the country, but the team fights for him, good, that isn't a bad thing at all.
pretty much this

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:28 am

fatshaft wrote:If others refrain from that shit, then so will I. Don't try to make me out as the instigator here.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by bobo the clown on Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:29 am

SmokinFrazier wrote: I'm sick of being a 'nice' team
As someone who is both within and outwith then bolton bubble, I can assure you that however sheltered you seem to be, Bolton have never been an "underdog", far from it, way back to the days of fatty, neutrals would side with the opposition in any like for like confrontation, Bolton was already disliked, didn't need a c*nt like Lennon to come along to re-inforce that.

Secondly, there's nothing wrong with being liked, maybe if it had happened for Bolton you'd understand.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:30 am

fatshaft wrote:Don't try to make me out as the instigator here.
You're not a Bolton fan and you've come on here to start another provocative thread about our manager purely to get a reaction from folk. Who else is the instigator?

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:35 am

CrazyHorse wrote:
fatshaft wrote:Don't try to make me out as the instigator here.
You're not a Bolton fan and you've come on here to start another provocative thread about our manager purely to get a reaction from folk. Who else is the instigator?
I had a season ticket for a number of years. In fact I had three, me and my kids.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:37 am

And yet you posted a couple of days ago that you're not supporting us while Lennon was in charge. Make your mind up.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:39 am

CrazyHorse wrote:And yet you posted a couple of days ago that you're not supporting us while Lennon was in charge. Make your mind up.
correct. He can gtf. utter prick.

Listen, this thread is about Lennon being a prick, like I told ye. It's taken less than a game for evidence to begin. I don't expect an apology, I do expect a scratching of chins, and a barely audible 'hmmmmmmm' to begin tho.

You're welcome.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:42 am

Ironically, he'll probably get me back to the stadium with changeable names, and I'll be in the lower west, and I'll be down near the front, not being bigotted and not spitting on him, cos I'm a Dons fan, and we dont do that despite what the popcorn toothed feck* says, the feck*.

Sorry, no I won't, he can feck off.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:42 am

fatshaft wrote:
As someone who is both within and outwith then bolton bubble, I can assure you that however sheltered you seem to be, Bolton have never been an "underdog", far from it, way back to the days of fatty, neutrals would side with the opposition in any like for like confrontation, Bolton was already disliked, didn't need a c*nt like Lennon to come along to re-inforce that.

Secondly, there's nothing wrong with being liked, maybe if it had happened for Bolton you'd understand.
I disagree, I know plenty of football fans outside Bolton and we aren't disliked. We were under Allardyce but the good run under Coyle changed all that and even the season we got relegated in, we were constantly lauded for how we handled the injury crisis, the Muamba incident etc.. We're seen as being a soft club who allowed supposed nice guys like Coyle and Freedman to drag the club down without a word being said, but I'm sick of that attitude. I don't want to support a team that accepts losses and defends mediocrity, I want winners at the club and if that means rubbing people like you up the wrong way, good.

The good thing about a manager being disliked by those on the outside is that it creates unity within a club. Lennon wouldn't have been as successful at Celtic if it wasn't for the assaults and threats towards him, but all that did was galvanise the squad and make them want to win for their manager. That's what I want here too. It doesn't bother me what the rest of the world thinks, if we're winning and the everyone hates Lennon, it'll only make the players play harder for him and the fans will love him even more. If that hatred were to be the catalyst for bringing passion to the club again, then Lennon's presence may be exactly what we need.

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:57 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:
fatshaft wrote:

I disagree, I know plenty of football fans outside Bolton and we aren't disliked. We were under Allardyce but the good run under Coyle changed all that and even the season we got relegated in, we were constantly lauded for how we handled the injury crisis, the Muamba incident etc.. We're seen as being a soft club who allowed supposed nice guys like Coyle and Freedman to drag the club down without a word being said, but I'm sick of that attitude. I don't want to support a team that accepts losses and defends mediocrity, I want winners at the club and if that means rubbing people like you up the wrong way, good.

The good thing about a manager being disliked by those on the outside is that it creates unity within a club. Lennon wouldn't have been as successful at Celtic if it wasn't for the assaults and threats towards him, but all that did was galvanise the squad and make them want to win for their manager. That's what I want here too. It doesn't bother me what the rest of the world thinks, if we're winning and the everyone hates Lennon, it'll only make the players play harder for him and the fans will love him even more. If that hatred were to be the catalyst for bringing passion to the club again, then Lennon's presence may be exactly what we need.
Aye.

I recall the excellent league runs that we had under Allardyce. The 'purists' hated us for not playing the beautiful game and we revelled in the notoriety. NO ONE LIKES US! WE DON'T CARE! was sang loudly and often. We love it and it spurred the team on.

If we get half of that togetherness that we had for a time under Allardyce then I will be a happy wanderer.

Anyone else can go feck em selves. :grin:
Smarties have answers.....

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:21 am

Folk should f*ck off with your personal opinions!

They're not welcome here.