buying a bolton shirt

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

buying a bolton shirt

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:53 pm

arggghhh!! trying to buy a bolton goalie shirt for my exiled-in-wales bolton-supporting nephew..

but try as I might - the club shop pages won't fecking load!!

am I missing something? is there somewhere else reliable I can buy one??

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Re: buying a bolton shirt

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:05 pm

This seems to be working http://www.boltoncentral.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:08 pm

I take it back. The link to the online shop isn't working. :oops:
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:09 pm

cheers anyway - it's fecking rubbish!!!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:38 am

It seems to be working ok?

http://www.bwfcdirect.co.uk/Replica/Home-Kit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:19 pm

Worthy4England wrote:It seems to be working ok?

http://www.bwfcdirect.co.uk/Replica/Home-Kit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cheers worthy - deffo wasn't working last night - maybe it only works in office hours??!

anyway - am now befuddled by their sizing options!!

backtoburnden
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by backtoburnden » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:23 am

wanna try buying one in the shop . they aint got any that fits anyone but giants or babies and they aren't getting any more .. blessing really , as the quality of the macron gear is rubbish , adidas wasn't cheap but it was half decent . 50 quid for a shirt now and its crap .. hard to accept that we play in the macron but you cant get macron gear if you want it.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:44 am

Interesting first post.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:54 am

backtoburnden wrote:wanna try buying one in the shop . they aint got any that fits anyone but giants or babies and they aren't getting any more .. blessing really , as the quality of the macron gear is rubbish , adidas wasn't cheap but it was half decent . 50 quid for a shirt now and its crap .. hard to accept that we play in the macron but you cant get macron gear if you want it.
I've actually found the quality of this season's shirts to be pretty good. Don't understand the hating - or is it just because it's not a "Big Name Brand" (otherwise known as Cheap Stuff That Eschews Originality) like Adidas or Nike?

Cos, y'know, that stuff's cool with the yoof.

backtoburnden
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by backtoburnden » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:09 pm

no its not the brand its the fact that they couldnt meet demand for their goods . no point having a rack full of things if they don't fit anyone. xxxxl are readily available. the staff fseem helpless when asked if they are getting any more stuff in . not good from a massive sports goods maker

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:20 pm

backtoburnden wrote:no its not the brand its the fact that they couldnt meet demand for their goods . no point having a rack full of things if they don't fit anyone. xxxxl are readily available. the staff fseem helpless when asked if they are getting any more stuff in . not good from a massive sports goods maker
I think you'll find that in any retail store, the medium and large clothing is always the first to go. Why do you think it's only XXL's left over when you get to the sale rack?

I can't wait for my shirt to arrive in the mail. Curse the exchange rate though.

CarlosHernandez
Promising
Promising

Post by CarlosHernandez » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:43 am

Vertigo, did you find the shipping to Oz to be too high? I've gone to buy off the club shop before and pulled out once they freight was calculated.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:34 am

Might be worth seeing if Shop and Ship goes to Australia. I use it to shop in the UK all the time and is often cheaper than buying the same thing here, even with VAT and shipping!

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:35 am

CarlosHernandez wrote:Vertigo, did you find the shipping to Oz to be too high? I've gone to buy off the club shop before and pulled out once they freight was calculated.
Absolutely. 20 pounds, effectively $40 AUD. Outrageous. No VAT thankfully, but still so so much when the price is converted.

Really wanted a home shirt this season, and pulled out myself a few times when I already had it in my cart. Thankfully I'll be getting it as a Christmas gift now :mrgreen:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Might be worth seeing if Shop and Ship goes to Australia. I use it to shop in the UK all the time and is often cheaper than buying the same thing here, even with VAT and shipping!
Never heard of that and they don't ship to Australia. Is it basically a third party shipping company? Sounds like a good idea.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:31 am

Vertigo wrote: Never heard of that and they don't ship to Australia. Is it basically a third party shipping company? Sounds like a good idea.
It is. They give me a shipping address in loads of different countries and then forward on to me received stuff to my door in Dubai. I thought they'd added Australia not long ago, but I imagined it! Borderlinx and Mybox are 2 others you could check, though they work on that daft volumetric weight calculation, making it impossible to price up in advance. Shop and Ship go by weight only. As an example I can get a 1kg package delivered from the UK/US for about £13. Hate to think how much DHL would charge for the same.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:00 pm

is there no possible way of obtaining one without the sponsor on? are the sponsors logo not printed in store?

i would definitely buy a current away shirt of so...

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:46 am

apparently not as the logos are put on by the manufacturer. so i thought id go direct to Macron, but it appears we dont exist.... charming!?

http://www.macron.com/shop/eu/en/football.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:09 pm

That's our commercial teams fault.. You can't buy the kit ANYWHERE other than Bolton central
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:25 pm

Hurry up and get back in the prem. I want a Chinese version that is easier on my wallet.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:40 pm

Here's a proper Bolton badge for you, elephant and all. 1923 mind, but a cracker. :wink:

Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?