A Win Away? Millwall / Friday 19th

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: A Win Away? Millwall / Friday 19th

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:16 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:I have watched Prats goal more than 10 times now. Absolutely superb. The pass from LCY, the skill and finish from Pratley was world class.
The run and the desire to get into that space from Pratley was also superb, I'd credit him for that even if he'd missed.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:34 pm

The defence splitting pass was superb, but there was still lots to do once Pratley took it. His composure (I know I'm repeating myself here) was just magnificent. It was one of those football moments that can be held up as a "here's how you do it" examples. Me and the dog celebrated (he had no idea what but joined in anyway) and got one of those head-shaking, pitying looks from Mrs Tango. We didn't care.... :pissed:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:06 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Anyone got any clips of him on the Beeb as I've been out this morning?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcone" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you're quick you can select Football Focus and watch it again.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:26 pm

Just seen the highlights and haven't read all the thread, but that through ball from Chungy to Pratley was, without a hint of hyperbole, one of the finest I've ever seen. Absolutely remarkable. Also, was Lonergan lucky to stay on after dashing out or do I need to watch it again?
May the bridges I burn light your way

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:39 pm

It was a fantastic ball and great strength, skill and finish from Pratley.

Pratley will get on a role now and start leathering them in for fun.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:13 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Just seen the highlights and haven't read all the thread, but that through ball from Chungy to Pratley was, without a hint of hyperbole, one of the finest I've ever seen. Absolutely remarkable. Also, was Lonergan lucky to stay on after dashing out or do I need to watch it again?
Just going off the highlights, one of those sometimes given. sometimes not, situations. The ref had had an iffy one on Hall at the other end and refused it and I'm thinking he'd seen Lonergan totally focussed on the ball without intent to foul. Thankfully, he passed it by.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:18 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
DJBlu wrote:Heskey is getting a game with the under 21s on Monday apparently.

Still can't get my head round it.
The under 21 stones? Not sure he's eligible.
I think it's like a car's odometer that goes all the way round and then starts again!

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:53 pm

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/matc ... 5388.aspx?

Significant that the official highlights don't replay the Lonergan incident?

Fabulous goal by Pratley and the second time in the match Chung had set him up brilliantly.

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:03 pm

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/on-c ... 55451.aspx

Words of wisdom from NL (who for some strange reason looks a damned sight happier than in his prematch interview! :wink: )

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:50 pm

EverSoYouri wrote:http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/on-c ... 55451.aspx

Words of wisdom from NL (who for some strange reason looks a damned sight happier than in his prematch interview! :wink: )

I've noticed he ain't been all that happy lately! Probably pissed off with the same shit questions he keeps getting asked!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:07 pm

A salute to our fallen foes (and L.G.M's magnificent thread title).. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrOWDPkYyP0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:51 pm

Listened to some of the second half on't wireless and the first half match stats had us well on top.

How the referee didn't give them a penalty and send Lonergan off is beyond me. Looked cast iron to me.

Interested to hear from those who were there who the motm was and where on the scale of wankness Hall was on the night, he looked to have been fairly creative but missed a couple of chances?

I think the Christmas period may well tell us whether we can be expecting to push for 6th place or whether upper mid table will have to do. Two months ago, I'd have settled more than happily for the latter.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:02 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Listened to some of the second half on't wireless and the first half match stats had us well on top.
How the referee didn't give them a penalty and send Lonergan off is beyond me. Looked cast iron to me.
Only the ref knows, but ( for me) their player wasn't in charge of the ball and just toe poked it at full stretch then went down. He must have known full well he didn't have a definite scoring chance and just went for the "make the box and go down " attitude. A decent ref usually has a good idea which is the case.

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:05 pm

I don't want to be a killjoy but we have to maintain this ppg rate until the end of the season just to sneak the last playoff place so talk of automatic promotion is a tad on the optimistic side.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:21 pm

Whookam wrote:I don't want to be a killjoy but we have to maintain this ppg rate until the end of the season just to sneak the last playoff place so talk of automatic promotion is a tad on the optimistic side.
Enjoy the ride while it's happening, we are winning and good to watch again. There is a real buzz about Bolton.

I am seeing us as being safe from relegation, which is what was on the cards under duggie.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:46 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Just seen the highlights and haven't read all the thread, but that through ball from Chungy to Pratley was, without a hint of hyperbole, one of the finest I've ever seen. Absolutely remarkable. Also, was Lonergan lucky to stay on after dashing out or do I need to watch it again?
Just going off the highlights, one of those sometimes given. sometimes not, situations. The ref had had an iffy one on Hall at the other end and refused it and I'm thinking he'd seen Lonergan totally focussed on the ball without intent to foul. Thankfully, he passed it by.
Not making excuses but didn't we say the same about Donkey Lashers goalie after he surreptitiously brought Cravies down the other week? Hall would have been a penalty also because that was a blatant foul in the box.
Pfffft.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:32 pm

The highlights would make you think it was a very good dame, the first half however was dreadful. I was delighted with the way we kept the ball and created a bit in the 2nd half, although the panicky hoof the ball as high and far away from the goal as possible that ensued for the last 5 minutes was a bit silly.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:36 pm

for those who were there - how did Eidur look? hardly anyone has mentioned him... it's been all Pratley this and Pratley that! :-)

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:06 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Not making excuses but didn't we say the same about Donkey Lashers goalie after he surreptitiously brought Cravies down the other week? Hall would have been a penalty also because that was a blatant foul in the box.

Halls.... for me was never a pen
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:34 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
Halls.... for me was never a pen
Amazing how reactions to a challenge change depending on where you are. In the outfield it's a shoulder charge and get on with it, anywhere near the box it's a flying lesson and a penalty. :wink: