Chungy open letter to fans

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Chungy open letter to fans

Post by Il Pirate » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:09 pm

When you see footage of 'Ambassadors' of football like Stevie Meh, who doesn't even acknowledge the young fans who turn up to see him & chant his name when disembarking the team coach on a feckin' freezing Wednesday night; I think this is a top touch from a player who seems to really appreciate what Bolton Wanderers, the club & fans, did for him when he moved from S Korea. It must have been a real time of trepidation for Chungy when moving here. Would he be good enough? Could he settle? Is it right for my family? Feck, I have a lot of 'life experience', but I wouldn't fancy moving to South Korea. Nice one CYL. Thanks for everything, & good luck at Palace. I hope you set the prem on fire Blue Dragon.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:38 pm

Nice touch for a player who's been with us for nearly 6 years. Good luck, Chungy. You'll be missed in this squad but now it's time to concentrate on what the current crop of players have to offer
Pfffft.

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:50 pm

Shame he didn't get to have a 'final game' for us. Always liked Chungy, even when everyone else was writing him off. Hope he kills it in the prem.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:56 pm

noticed chungy not even on bench for palace today - is he injured or is he thinking hes made a mistake ?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:08 pm

30,000 plus reasons every week to ensure he doesn't think he's made a mistake I suspect.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:15 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:30,000 plus reasons every week to ensure he doesn't think he's made a mistake I suspect.
yeah - didnt mean leaving us, meant going there (assuming not injured)- or would he not get in any prem team

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:16 pm

Vertigo wrote:Shame he didn't get to have a 'final game' for us. Always liked Chungy, even when everyone else was writing him off. Hope he kills it in the prem.
Same here, would have him back in a millisecond.

tonymikejoe
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tonymikejoe » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:40 pm

Speaking as a Palace fan the Chungy signing has been a total waste of money.

Agreed, maybe he is a terrific fellah, but he has made zero impact at CPFC.

He's incredibly lightweight, but does not make up for that with any pace or trickery.

Time to move him on.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:42 pm

Has he been given a proper chance?

tonymikejoe
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tonymikejoe » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:58 pm

Fair question Jugs.

If you mean by a 'chance' a run of consecutive starts in the Prem then no, he has not got close to that and nobody is clamouring for it either.

When he has played, which has been in bits and pieces, he has not really seized the opportunity or caught the eye.

But hey, as somebody else on here said, he's got over 30,000 reasons to be chuffed with the move every week.

Quick question to Bolton fans : What is Chungy? A right winger, left winger, a number 10? I'd love to know.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:59 pm

tonymikejoe wrote:Speaking as a Palace fan the Chungy signing has been a total waste of money.

Agreed, maybe he is a terrific fellah, but he has made zero impact at CPFC.

He's incredibly lightweight, but does not make up for that with any pace or trickery.

Time to move him on.
If you want shut, we'll have him back.

As long as you pay all of his wages bar about two grand.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:00 pm

tonymikejoe wrote:Quick question to Bolton fans : What is Chungy? A right winger, left winger, a number 10? I'd love to know.
An inside forward, a raumdeuter, a linker of play. He's not a sprint-and-cross winger – you've already got a van-full of them – nor yer classic No10, but he is at his best combining with sharp short passers and linking play around the area.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:02 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
tonymikejoe wrote:Quick question to Bolton fans : What is Chungy? A right winger, left winger, a number 10? I'd love to know.
An inside forward, a raumdeuter, a linker of play. He's not a sprint-and-cross winger – you've already got a van-full of them – nor yer classic No10, but he is at his best combining with sharp short passers and linking play around the area.
How the fck did you work that out from his time with us. We haven't got any other bugger who can do that! :-)

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:09 pm

tonymikejoe wrote:Fair question Jugs.

If you mean by a 'chance' a run of consecutive starts in the Prem then no, he has not got close to that and nobody is clamouring for it either.

When he has played, which has been in bits and pieces, he has not really seized the opportunity or caught the eye.

But hey, as somebody else on here said, he's got over 30,000 reasons to be chuffed with the move every week.

Quick question to Bolton fans : What is Chungy? A right winger, left winger, a number 10? I'd love to know.
Chungy was arguably having his best run of form at Bolton for a few years when you bought him; he's got a lot of quality and can cut it in the Prem (as was proven at Bolton before he broke his leg). He's never been a bench warmer and "5 minutes here and there" player; he needs more game time, but he's not going to get it by the looks of things.

Send him back!!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:10 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
How the fck did you work that out from his time with us. We haven't got any other bugger who can do that! :-)
He's still here. Was made captain, then dropped, then brought back and played in a two.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:15 pm

Let's have a "fans open letter to Chungy" asking for him back...simple :)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:15 pm

Palace have big, strong quick players in their forward line. They play very direct and effective football on the break. I can imagine it doesn't suit Chungy all that much. He's more technical and great at keeping the ball.

But yeah, probably not a good fit generally for Palace.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:31 pm

What the fooketyfook is a raumsdaughter? (and don't tell me they're a chungy).
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:32 pm

We really do need him back now.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:02 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
What the fooketyfook is a raumsdaughter? (and don't tell me they're a chungy).
Heh! It's a phrase Thomas Muller invented for himself – literally a "space interpreter", one who finds and exploits little holes between the opposition lines. :D