If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:18 pm

jaffka wrote:
malcd1 wrote:
That article is from early May. I read somewhere that our interest had 'cooled' - may have been on Twitter.
http://menorcaaldia.com/una-oferta-del- ... -mallorca/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Headline translation is "Bolton bid seduces Sergi Enrich, which rules out return to Mallorca." From Illes on twitter.
A teaspoon's worth of spunk has just popped up in Plymouth. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:03 pm

jaffka wrote:
malcd1 wrote:
That article is from early May. I read somewhere that our interest had 'cooled' - may have been on Twitter.
http://menorcaaldia.com/una-oferta-del- ... -mallorca/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Headline translation is "Bolton bid seduces Sergi Enrich, which rules out return to Mallorca." From Illes on twitter.
And later on the article translates to this

"The football player of Ciutadella has admitted into an interview to IB3 Televisió that his desire is to play in the Premiership in spite of the fact that a change of shareholders in the British club has stopped the operation."

Eh? Never mind the Premiership bit, what's all this about change of shareholders?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:05 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
jaffka wrote:
malcd1 wrote:

"The football player of Ciutadella has admitted into an interview to IB3 Televisió that his desire is to play in the Premiership in spite of the fact that a change of shareholders in the British club has stopped the operation."

Eh? Never mind the Premiership bit, what's all this about change of shareholders?
If you can do a full translation of the article, post it please.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:07 pm

Jussi released on a free and could be looking for a North West Club.

Are we looking for an experienced number 2 after Amos or would he want to be the number 1?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:09 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
malcd1 wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
malcd1 wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:Clough isn't a striker ?

Well, that's me confused.
I would say he was more an attacking midfielder or forward than an out and out striker.
Right. So we're distinguishing "forwards" and "strikers".

You'll appreciate my confusion.
Of course. He is certainly an attacking player but perhaps not the goal scoring striker we are looking for. Simples. :D
Sorry. What's his goals to games ratio again? :?

Cheers Malc, you've diverted the attention to you with your outrageous forward/striker argument!

It's allowed me some breathing space
Cheers bud :D
Last edited by plymouth wanderer on Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:10 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
jaffka wrote:
malcd1 wrote:

A teaspoon's worth of spunk has just popped up in Plymouth. :D

Safe as houses! he'll sign, you have my word :D
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:11 pm

Come on Plymouth, I'm doing my best to try and keep this thread positive but its fecking hard work?

Where is tkiz with his jay boothroyd rumour?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:13 pm

jaffka wrote:Come on Plymouth, I'm doing my best to try and keep this thread positive but its fecking hard work?

Where is tkiz with his jay boothroyd rumour?

Here you go!

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9mSs3MG ... Lp5_wL1Is-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knew it were only a matter of time!

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:19 pm

jaffka wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:
jaffka wrote:
malcd1 wrote:

If you can do a full translation of the article, post it please.
The rest (from translating the translation of a translation engine) just seems to say he's currently on his hols and that despite talking to the sporting director of Mallorca he's pretty much rejected their offer of a return.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:21 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
jaffka wrote:
malcd1 wrote:

The interesting bit then!

Could this point to option B?

cmbfc_90
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by cmbfc_90 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:22 pm

Is anyone else worried about the lack of movement and journalists reactions to our transfer window. We need at least 7 new players of a certain quality or we will be in another relegation battle. Disappointed with the lack of support from the board/owner not asking for millions just help. I've never been as nervous for my club in the past 20 years as now, this summer is crucial in my eyes!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:22 pm

jaffka wrote:
wigan white wrote:My mate, who's a Wigan fan (also knows some club officials well) says we pulled out of the Morgan deal rather than him dumping us for Latics. He's not sure why we pulled out as his medical went fine. :conf:
That's interesting!

To get some debate going, could it be:

(a) we are skint and couldn't afford his wages.
(b) investment has happened but being kept quiet and we have new and better targets.
(c) still the same but a better target has been identified.
The options!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:26 pm

cmbfc_90 wrote:Is anyone else worried about the lack of movement and journalists reactions to our transfer window. We need at least 7 new players of a certain quality or we will be in another relegation battle. Disappointed with the lack of support from the board/owner not asking for millions just help. I've never been as nervous for my club in the past 20 years as now, this summer is crucial in my eyes!
No as all clubs are effected by this FFP. We aren't under an embargo, Forest, Leeds and Blackburn are. Blackburn are particularly fearful about losing Rhodes and Gestede, its a catch 22 situation for them though, sell them and who can replace them, keep them and the wages have to be paid. They also have the rather large wages of Leon Best to pay who doesn't want to be at the club.

We will have enough players but clearly we are down in the pecking order. I'm also damn sure that Lennon and co wont be sat around drinking whisky or whatever and being totally ignorant of the start of the season.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:01 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
malcd1 wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
malcd1 wrote:I would say he was more an attacking midfielder or forward than an out and out striker.
Right. So we're distinguishing "forwards" and "strikers".

You'll appreciate my confusion.
Of course. He is certainly an attacking player but perhaps not the goal scoring striker we are looking for. Simples. :D
Sorry. What's his goals to games ratio again? :?

Cheers Malc, you've diverted the attention to you with your outrageous forward/striker argument!

It's allowed me some breathing space
Cheers bud :D
You need all the help you can get.

Anyway. Football is a game of opinions and I think he is more a creative, goal scoring attacking midfielder / forward who is given freedom to roam a bit and plays just behind the front man but not considered a striker ish 8) .
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:54 am

at this rate match reports next season are gonna be like those daft old Kris Akabusi stories. The visiting team looked down at the twisted pile of mangled flesh, matted hair, hotel knock-a-door runs, blood, sweat and cum. Rolled up their cock, whispered Awooga in the wanderers' ears and patted them on the fanny as they left the pitch.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:11 am

General Mannerheim wrote:at this rate match reports next season are gonna be like those daft old Kris Akabusi stories. The visiting team looked down at the twisted pile of mangled flesh, matted hair, hotel knock-a-door runs, blood, sweat and cum. Rolled up their cock, whispered Awooga in the wanderers' ears and patted them on the fanny as they left the pitch.
???

Have you become a1 ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:06 am

you never read those Awooga stories that did the rounds about 7 or 8 years ago? i just looked them up actually, no where near as funny as i remember... :|

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:16 am

General Mannerheim wrote:you never read those Awooga stories that did the rounds about 7 or 8 years ago? i just looked them up actually, no where near as funny as i remember... :|
Thankfully not.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:17 am

bobo the clown wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:you never read those Awooga stories that did the rounds about 7 or 8 years ago? i just looked them up actually, no where near as funny as i remember... :|
Thankfully not.
They were magnificent! 'Busi lowered his dungarees to reveal what looked like 4 king size Mars Bars wrapped together with angry veins.'

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:25 pm

Andy Lonergan signs for Fulham. Which presumably means moving house, considering he was born in Preston and has only signed for his hometown club, Leeds and us.