If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:32 am

jaffka wrote:He also said its more than £1.4m but not yet finalised. Hoping to bring in 2 new players. Pisano and hooper?
.... y'know, if those two arrived that'd be quite a result.

I'd be willing to then say Plymouth's the man.

He can then run the next one.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:37 am

bobo the clown wrote:
jaffka wrote:He also said its more than £1.4m but not yet finalised. Hoping to bring in 2 new players. Pisano and hooper?
.... y'know, if those two arrived that'd be quite a result.

I'd be willing to then say Plymouth's the man.

He can then run the next one.
I had faith from page 1 and stand by my confident prediction that this will be the second greatest transfer thread ever.

I also agree that he should be allowed to run the next one in order to have a crack at my crown :lol:

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:42 am

So, it's seems like a done deal. Would we prefer Hopper or Campbell on loan and where do we find a spare left back??
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Calvin Spangle
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Calvin Spangle » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:43 am

If we get Madine, Prince, Derik, Wilson, Pisano & Hooper (on loan) and clear a shed load of wages, I would declare this the most successful transfer window of the post-Allardyce era. Think Lennon is shrewd & it looks like he's got a good scouting network too (exactly what we've missed since Jack Chapman used to go on his international forays armed with his Sprite caravan & clipboard).

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:48 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:As is often the case, Boris is right

T-Ream is contracted to summer 2017. If we take £20kpw as accurate, that's £2m we owe him. £2m we have signed a legal contract to say we will provide.

What sometimes happens - but not always – is that as part of the fee, the buying club buy out his contract, in part or full. So if QPR are happy to pay him £20kpw, they could take up his contract in full - but that £2m cost to them would be part of the negotiations (understandably: it's coming off QPR's bottom line not ours). If they only want to pay him £15kpw, they could buy that part of his contract but we'd still owe him £500k – plus any of the myriad bonuses which get written into contracts these days.

It's really not as simple as paying a transfer fee plus a weekly wage, and then it all goes away when the player moves club. It's not as simple as when you or I move jobs, and the old boss stops paying us. Ream and BWFC entered into a binding fixed-term contract. Sometimes exit clauses are written in by one or both parties, sometimes they're not. This kind of stuff is often what holds up transfers.

Maybe, for instance, it's possible that Fulham offer £1.75m but won't pay as much of his contract off as QPR, so the deal overall is better for us. Or maybe Ream doesn't fancy Fulham as much as QPR, perhaps because they won't pay him as much.
Can't agree with this. I've worked fixed term contracts. If my employer wants me out and sacks me, or I decide to leave, my employer has no legal obligation to pay me. Whilst football is often considered special, basic employment laws aren't thrown out.

In football it may be players are paid off to get them to move or agree lower terms or there are special clauses. And yes sometimes there are clauses or bonuses or whatever. But say Ream pitches up and says, I'm retiring, I've had enough, he has broken his contract and isn't being paid.

But employment law is certainly not a requirement to pay someone for the length of a contract regardless of where they are employed.
I also know numerous professionals who have benefited significantly from a club wanting to transfer them..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:51 am

Calvin Spangle wrote:If we get Madine, Prince, Derik, Wilson, Pisano & Hooper (on loan) and clear a shed load of wages, I would declare this the most successful transfer window of the post-Allardyce era. Think Lennon is shrewd & it looks like he's got a good scouting network too (exactly what we've missed since Jack Chapman used to go on his international forays armed with his Sprite caravan & clipboard).
If... but yes, if, I think I'd agree with that - certainly can't think of a better one off the top of my head

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:57 am

boltonboris wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:As is often the case, Boris is right

T-Ream is contracted to summer 2017. If we take £20kpw as accurate, that's £2m we owe him. £2m we have signed a legal contract to say we will provide.

What sometimes happens - but not always – is that as part of the fee, the buying club buy out his contract, in part or full. So if QPR are happy to pay him £20kpw, they could take up his contract in full - but that £2m cost to them would be part of the negotiations (understandably: it's coming off QPR's bottom line not ours). If they only want to pay him £15kpw, they could buy that part of his contract but we'd still owe him £500k – plus any of the myriad bonuses which get written into contracts these days.

It's really not as simple as paying a transfer fee plus a weekly wage, and then it all goes away when the player moves club. It's not as simple as when you or I move jobs, and the old boss stops paying us. Ream and BWFC entered into a binding fixed-term contract. Sometimes exit clauses are written in by one or both parties, sometimes they're not. This kind of stuff is often what holds up transfers.

Maybe, for instance, it's possible that Fulham offer £1.75m but won't pay as much of his contract off as QPR, so the deal overall is better for us. Or maybe Ream doesn't fancy Fulham as much as QPR, perhaps because they won't pay him as much.
Can't agree with this. I've worked fixed term contracts. If my employer wants me out and sacks me, or I decide to leave, my employer has no legal obligation to pay me. Whilst football is often considered special, basic employment laws aren't thrown out.

In football it may be players are paid off to get them to move or agree lower terms or there are special clauses. And yes sometimes there are clauses or bonuses or whatever. But say Ream pitches up and says, I'm retiring, I've had enough, he has broken his contract and isn't being paid.

But employment law is certainly not a requirement to pay someone for the length of a contract regardless of where they are employed.
I also know numerous professionals who have benefited significantly from a club wanting to transfer them..
Not doubting that. Football is strange. But just explaining that a fixed employment contract still has basic employment law attached and that does not involve being paid up for the contract regardless.

I think Pru has summed up the reality better than I could.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:05 am

Well I believe it's a moot point, as their terms are so much better, that we don't have to give him feck all

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:19 am

boltonboris wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:I know you don't like the lad Boris but surely it's taking it a tad too far to suggest he's going to walk away with the lions share of the cash and leave us with peanuts?
He's entitled to it, so fair enough - As far as I'm aware, the only way we'll get a good deal from it, is if Tim forgoes the remainder of his contract from us - I wouldn't if I was him

Never stopped Robbie Fowler getting filthy rich from doing it to Liverpool and Leeds

Robbie Fowler (& his 'advisors'), found themselves getting filthy, filthy rich, by having the foresight to buy up huge parts of Salford at a time when people wouldn't let their dog live there. Since then Salford as you know, has become meeja mecca...............Earned him a few quid that has.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:20 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Calvin Spangle wrote:If we get Madine, Prince, Derik, Wilson, Pisano & Hooper (on loan) and clear a shed load of wages, I would declare this the most successful transfer window of the post-Allardyce era. Think Lennon is shrewd & it looks like he's got a good scouting network too (exactly what we've missed since Jack Chapman used to go on his international forays armed with his Sprite caravan & clipboard).
If... but yes, if, I think I'd agree with that - certainly can't think of a better one off the top of my head
I'd be inclined to agree (if we get Hooper) but that January when Megson spunked out on Cahill, Taylor, Steinsson & Cohen in January to save us after the Sammy Lee start is certainly up there! (although Rasiak was also signed that window. We got rid of Wilhelmsson and Cid and then Anelka for a big profit).

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:26 am

Lennon talking of bringing 2 in "Before the weekend", which suggests deals have already been lined up and agreed. That's fast, commendable work.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:38 am

I wonder if he'll steal the little gift Freedman was teasingly boasting for the Forest faithful. Coz whoever it was hasn't turned up there yet.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:43 am

Thank you! Thank you very much!!

We knew we had to cut right back. I think Lennon has invested the money he has had well! We really ain't gonna miss any of the players that have gone! (Maybe C.Davies) it's been reported were after hooper! Be a great singing!!! Shame ALF is now gone
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:48 am

Pisano and Hooper for Ream would be fecking mint!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:48 am

Il Pirate wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:I know you don't like the lad Boris but surely it's taking it a tad too far to suggest he's going to walk away with the lions share of the cash and leave us with peanuts?
Never stopped Robbie Fowler getting filthy rich from doing it to Liverpool and Leeds
Robbie Fowler (& his 'advisors'), found themselves getting filthy, filthy rich, by having the foresight to buy up huge parts of Salford at a time when people wouldn't let their dog live there. Since then Salford as you know, has become meeja mecca...............Earned him a few quid that has.
Dr Hotdog wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
I'd be inclined to agree (if we get Hooper) but that January when Megson spunked out on Cahill, Taylor, Steinsson & Cohen in January to save us after the Sammy Lee start is certainly up there! (although Rasiak was also signed that window. We got rid of Wilhelmsson and Cid and then Anelka for a big profit).
That Megson window cost a lot, whereas this has actually reduced overheads – but yeah you're right, it sure did the job.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:53 am

Il Pirate wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
He's entitled to it, so fair enough - As far as I'm aware, the only way we'll get a good deal from it, is if Tim forgoes the remainder of his contract from us - I wouldn't if I was him

Partly funded by having more than one person pay him a salary

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:59 am

Leeds were still paying him when he was at City, but they were paying the difference as to what he was getting from City. So it was something like Leeds were paying him 80k a week, he moved to City who paid him 30k a week and so Leeds kept playing him 50 kpw so he was still getting his 80kpw. He wasn't worse off, but he wasn't getting his full Leeds wage on top of what City were paying him.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:59 am

jaffka wrote:NL has said in his press conference that the money will be used to strengthen the squad.

This could be a good bit of business.

Thanks Tim.
The fee or the wages will be used? I only seen a tweet regarding Reams wages.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:01 pm

ChrisC wrote:
jaffka wrote:NL has said in his press conference that the money will be used to strengthen the squad.

This could be a good bit of business.

Thanks Tim.
The fee or the wages will be used? I only seen a tweet regarding Reams wages.
Lennon said, some of the money, at least the wages. Suggest we won't have loads to buy with but perhaps loans or frees?

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:16 pm

According to this.. Ream was on around 8k last season. Some of these wages are scary!