If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Post by boltonboris » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:18 am

Linked with a short term loan for Jordan Bowery - I've just googled him and he's rotting away in Rotherham's reserves for being shit.

Sounds right up our street
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:23 am

boltonboris wrote:Linked with a short term loan for Jordan Bowery - I've just googled him and he's rotting away in Rotherham's reserves for being shit.

Sounds right up our street
?? Mine says he plays for Rotherham.

Yours sounds more exciting.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:47 am

Didn't he score against us at home last season? The game Mason got a hat-trick in.

One of his 15 goals in 145 career appearances.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:41 am

^^ how does that tie up with signing Pisano and The Duke of Wellington less than a week ago ?

Weird.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

newcarsmell
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by newcarsmell » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:58 am

TKIZ! wrote:The Oracle suggesting that Hooper is having a 'look round' Sheff Wed and deciding if it's for him :shock: :?

This is the 'fat' player who was suggested earlier in the thread, didn't Eidur turn up here out of shape first time round?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eero_Markkanen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shame he's going to Wednesday... For me, Gary Hooper was one of the best number 88's Celtic ever had !

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:02 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:Twitter (Iles and Nixon's feeds) seems to be exploding in the past few hours with rumours that there's now officially no cash left (Lennon had a £4k p/w request turned down) and Gartside might be stepping down. Anyone heard anything? Both Iles and Nixon being suspciously evasive and quiet about it though...
Iles has said its nothing to do with players.

Something is definitely going on though.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:08 pm

ChrisC wrote:
throwawayboltonian wrote:Twitter (Iles and Nixon's feeds) seems to be exploding in the past few hours with rumours that there's now officially no cash left (Lennon had a £4k p/w request turned down) and Gartside might be stepping down. Anyone heard anything? Both Iles and Nixon being suspciously evasive and quiet about it though...

TAB, when you say the journos' Twitter feeds are "exploding... with rumours" - do you mean from them, or from the general public? I'm guessing from the subsequent "evasive and quiet" that it's not them.... and you would think that if there's something in it, they'd be saying *something* - understandably for journalists, silence isn't their style - Iles is affable, Nixon a fisherman...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:14 pm

Probably because they don;t know anything.. If Gartside walks away from his £8500 per week salary of his own accord, I'll plait shit

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:15 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

TAB, when you say the journos' Twitter feeds are "exploding... with rumours" - do you mean from them, or from the general public? I'm guessing from the subsequent "evasive and quiet" that it's not them.... and you would think that if there's something in it, they'd be saying *something* - understandably for journalists, silence isn't their style - Iles is affable, Nixon a fisherman...

Some bits on here.

http://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2 ... -at-bolton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:20 pm

There SHOULD be 'something going on' to be frank. ED wants out, we have a Chairman 'earning' £400k pa for presiding over 7 years of tumbling (after 10 or so of on the pitch success to be fair) and debt to make a Chinese economist's eyes water.

So I'm hoping something is happening.

Absolutely reasonable that the powers that be say "that's it for this year" ... if they have. But we still have Medo, Spearing & Trotter (OK, I know) on the exit carpet which could possibly bring in cash and save noteworthy salary.

I wonder who was blocked, at £4k pw ?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:22 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:TAB, when you say the journos' Twitter feeds are "exploding... with rumours" - do you mean from them, or from the general public? I'm guessing from the subsequent "evasive and quiet" that it's not them.... and you would think that if there's something in it, they'd be saying *something* - understandably for journalists, silence isn't their style - Iles is affable, Nixon a fisherman...
Mainly general public who've been tweeting both Iles and Nixon. Nixon is not responding (incredibly unusual, even if it is a resounding "no" to rumours) and Iles has hinted that something is going on behind the scenes but can't say what yet in a few tweets like this.

I'm somewhat skeptical myself, being a rumour and all, but I do think it odd that Nixon especially is quiet. Never known him to do that re BWFC.
boltonboris wrote:
Probably because they don;t know anything.. If Gartside walks away from his £8500 per week salary of his own accord, I'll plait shit
Quite possible - work is busy today so I haven't had time to dive into it and ask around. Something does seem to be happening though as Iles says he's writing a piece in another tweet to him.
I think it's more likely that the whole club are handing over to somebody else (some Indian Financier was apparently pissed on De Vere's on Saturday giving it the big one and buying drinks)

Or that we are simply going into administration and ALL cash is gone

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:25 pm

Thanks.

Nixon genuinely might not know what's going on and doesn't want to look a twunt by denying it, just in case.

Iles will have to write something, it's his job, the poor fella. What it is, well we'll have to see.

That "live blog" is dead, even more so than they usually are.

I'll be sat here waiting... no actually sod it, I'm going for a butty.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:25 pm

bobo the clown wrote:There SHOULD be 'something going on' to be frank. ED wants out, we have a Chairman 'earning' £400k pa for presiding over 7 years of tumbling (after 10 or so of on the pitch success to be fair) and debt to make a Chinese economist's eyes water.

So I'm hoping something is happening.

Absolutely reasonable that the powers that be say "that's it for this year" ... if they have. But we still have Medo, Spearing & Trotter (OK, I know) on the exit carpet which could possibly bring in cash and save noteworthy salary.

I wonder who was blocked, at £4k pw ?

Iles has said its nowt to do with players.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:46 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:TAB, when you say the journos' Twitter feeds are "exploding... with rumours" - do you mean from them, or from the general public? I'm guessing from the subsequent "evasive and quiet" that it's not them.... and you would think that if there's something in it, they'd be saying *something* - understandably for journalists, silence isn't their style - Iles is affable, Nixon a fisherman...
Mainly general public who've been tweeting both Iles and Nixon. Nixon is not responding (incredibly unusual, even if it is a resounding "no" to rumours) and Iles has hinted that something is going on behind the scenes but can't say what yet in a few tweets like this.

I'm somewhat skeptical myself, being a rumour and all, but I do think it odd that Nixon especially is quiet. Never known him to do that re BWFC.
boltonboris wrote:
Quite possible - work is busy today so I haven't had time to dive into it and ask around. Something does seem to be happening though as Iles says he's writing a piece in another tweet to him.
I think it's more likely that the whole club are handing over to somebody else (some Indian Financier was apparently pissed on De Vere's on Saturday giving it the big one and buying drinks)

That's disgusting :shock:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:53 pm

Last time BEN had a big story it turned out to be what we all knew anyway. On that basis I reckon feck all is going on (as is usual).

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:01 pm

jaffka wrote:
boltonboris wrote:

boltonboris wrote:

That's disgusting :shock:
A Golden Shiva?
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:34 pm

Iles tweeted "So who started this Phil Gartside has stepped down rumour then? Just spoke to the man himself to clear up a detail on a story I am working on. He's very much still in the hotseat... Cancel the live blog."

In other news (from yesterday), yon Algerian keeper M'Bolhi has signed for a Turkish club. Maybe they matched his £4kpw MLS wages...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:42 pm

So. A pile of old dogs poop then ?

ED is looking to offload. Till he does these rumours are going to arise. Why Iles didn't take the chance go ask PG how he justifies that income is a mystery though.

Oh ....& from all I read the keeper is a good one to miss.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:09 pm

^^ I don't see what's difficult about the next point .... ED cannot "call in the debt" as it's him who owes it, to himself. He's the sole owner. The debt is his.

I'm not popping at you TAB but this point is continually misunderstood.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:10 pm

Fck me that LOV site is utter tosh. Why do people consistently link to it? A 'live blog' based on some cnut writting shite on twitter? Give me strength. Do these people not hsve jpbs? Fck me I've seen it all now.