If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:06 pm

jaffka wrote:Last hour then and looks like nowt coming in.
If you'd read all that "Financial Guff" - you'd have worked that out! :D

Unless Lennon can pull a mates rates stunt like he did with Eidur...

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:08 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:Knowledge, commitments from and trust of ED/PG and a calculated gamble on what he was inheriting, his own ability and lady luck would I suspect have all been part of NLs (or indeed any other managers) decision.
....that, or that it was us or the Middle East.

£150 million + in debt and the previous chump having cut £18 million off the wage bill could be construed as a clue. Or 2 clues even.

My Mum even said, "It looks like The Wanderers are in a pickle." And she's been batchy for years.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:09 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
jaffka wrote:Last hour then and looks like nowt coming in.
If you'd read all that "Financial Guff" - you'd have worked that out! :D

Unless Lennon can pull a mates rates stunt like he did with Eidur...
I did read it, in other threads and lots of them :D

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:20 pm

Stokes is on 12k a week. We have asked them to pay the majority of the wages.

They have obviously told us to feck off as they might as well keep him if they are paying most of his wages.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:27 pm

ChrisC wrote:Stokes is on 12k a week. We have asked them to pay the majority of the wages.

They have obviously told us to feck off as they might as well keep him if they are paying most of his wages.
Which stokes though?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:53 pm

jaffka wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Stokes is on 12k a week. We have asked them to pay the majority of the wages.

Which stokes though?
Doris!

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:24 pm

Andy Kellet has gone to Wigan for an undisclosed fee.

How depressing is that?
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:26 pm

Loan market here we come.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:27 pm

Nicko58 wrote:Andy Kellet has gone to Wigan for an undisclosed fee.

How depressing is that?
Utd fans are in mourning. If it allows us to get a striker in on emergency loan, then I can probably live with it. :-)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:30 pm

Selling off promising young players without giving them a chance? I'm really, really annoyed by this. Kellet was worth a go on the left wing. He's got some pace and is a bit different. I get we've got Silva, but loan him if you want him to get experience. Why sell him? I really am lost with this one.

I can't imagine it has saved us much either.

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:38 pm

WTF????

Promising youngster, on next to nothing wages I expect. What the hell is going on?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:40 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Selling off promising young players without giving them a chance? I'm really, really annoyed by this. Kellet was worth a go on the left wing. He's got some pace and is a bit different. I get we've got Silva, but loan him if you want him to get experience. Why sell him? I really am lost with this one.

Would probably pay for a loan striker from a League 1 reserve side. Lennon clearly just didn't rate him. I wonder if it's a physique thing. He likes his big lads in midfield. Clough is good enough to be the exception.
I saw him once at Rotherham playing wing back when we got dicked last season and he had a shocker, but you would imagine if he was worth one chance there he was worth another since he wasn't on his own in playing shite that night. Walker has had some stinkers and Lennon hasn't binned him off.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:44 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Selling off promising young players without giving them a chance? I'm really, really annoyed by this. Kellet was worth a go on the left wing. He's got some pace and is a bit different. I get we've got Silva, but loan him if you want him to get experience. Why sell him? I really am lost with this one.

Aye because under the current manager, young players haven't been given a chance. :roll:

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:45 pm

What's the big deal?

He's clearly not fancied by Lennon as he fobbed him off to the Red Shite's reserves last year and by the sounds of things has been touting him about since he came back. He was Linked with Wednesday earlier on. Obviously doesn't rate him, and Lennon see's a lot more of him than us. He's given enough examples of blooding youngsters such as Vela, Clough and Walker for us to know that if he thinks they're good enough he will play them.

He's signed for a team in the bottom half of league 1 as well!

Hopefully we've got a good sell on clause if he does rip up trees, but to me it's all bit Danny Ward.
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:47 pm

To be honest the writing was on the wall for him when he went back to the development squad after the pre-season trip to Austria, and Lennon preferred to risk a patched up Moxey rather than give him a go against Blackburn. It seems clear that he doesn't see in Kellett what he sees in Clough, Vela and Walker.

He's no longer a teenager and so probably feels that he needs to kick-start his career somewhere so it wouldn't surprise me if it was him that asked for the move.

All the same, I'd have liked him to have had more of a go in the firest team to prove that he could make it here.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:54 pm

Depending on how much we actually got for Kellet, and if the fee allows us to bring a striker in then I'm not bothered about him going. In the reserve games I've watched him he's not done owt special and for a defender he gets knocked off the ball too much by wingers not much bigger than he is. I think league 1 or 2 are maybe his level (as proven by his loan to Plymouth {the club and not the transfer thread charlatan}) but for me he's not ready for the championship. I don't get the anger from these fans who are portraying him as the next "Saviour", where the feck have they got this impression that he's going to be a world beater from? If he was good enough he would be playing for our first team or if he was such an exciting prospect then Utd would've kept him.
Last edited by wigan white on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:54 pm

jaffka wrote:

Aye because under the current manager, young players haven't been given a chance. :roll:

Yup - we know there's not much room for manoeuvre, so if Lennon think this will help somehow, given we need all the help we can get, then we have to do what we have to do...

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:02 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
jaffka wrote:

Yup - we know there's not much room for manoeuvre, so if Lennon think this will help somehow, given we need all the help we can get, then we have to do what we have to do...

Spot on Worthy!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:04 pm

LeverEnd wrote:

Would probably pay for a loan striker from a League 1 reserve side. Lennon clearly just didn't rate him. I wonder if it's a physique thing. He likes his big lads in midfield. Clough is good enough to be the exception.
I saw him once at Rotherham playing wing back when we got dicked last season and he had a shocker, but you would imagine if he was worth one chance there he was worth another since he wasn't on his own in playing shite that night. Walker has had some stinkers and Lennon hasn't binned him off.
Deserved a chance in my view. I would have liked to see him play a few games under Lennon. Clearly Lennon didn't rate him but I would have liked him to get a chance before binning him off!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:04 pm

Heat666 wrote:BURNLEY have cancelled the contract of striker Marvin Sordell by mutual consent.

Would you have him back???
Apparently wife pressure is the cause of this.

She told him that she was unhappy up here and would leave him if they didn't move back to the southern shit hole they come from.

Instead of knocking her into line the soft cvnt has gone with her.

F**k him and f**k Burnley the six fingered dingle t*@*s