If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Re: If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:25 pm

As above, maybe his thinking is somebody to take some strain off Madine

Clough pretty much dictated one up top
Sto ut Serviam

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:35 am

Just saw this on the BBC website which yet again shows the madness of what we are up against - even the agent thinks its daft - no wonder ED wants out.

The £2.5m Reading paid to sign Watford striker Matej Vydra, 23, on loan was "too much", according to his agent. (Brighton Argus, via Watford Observer)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:32 am

In the BN: Charlton boss Guy Luzon hopes Igor Vetokele doesn't go on loan: “I have heard about the interest,” he told The South London Press. “I don’t know what has happened. I hope he will stay because we don’t have a big squad but we will see.”

Lennon in the press conference, happening nowish: "There has been contact with Charlton [over Vetokele] can't say at this point whether a deal will be done." Iles says it's "down to player".

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:52 am

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/arti ... &year=2015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reporting that Wolves also interested in the Charlton player, whoever he is.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:58 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:In the BN: Charlton boss Guy Luzon hopes Igor Vetokele doesn't go on loan: “I have heard about the interest,” he told The South London Press. “I don’t know what has happened. I hope he will stay because we don’t have a big squad but we will see.”

Lennon in the press conference, happening nowish: "There has been contact with Charlton [over Vetokele] can't say at this point whether a deal will be done." Iles says it's "down to player".
Usual mixed bag of opinions about him on their forum. http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussio ... -to-bolton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More worrying are comments regarding his fitness - thought this guy was stepping out on saturday

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:24 am

StaffsTrotter wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:In the BN: Charlton boss Guy Luzon hopes Igor Vetokele doesn't go on loan: “I have heard about the interest,” he told The South London Press. “I don’t know what has happened. I hope he will stay because we don’t have a big squad but we will see.”

Usual mixed bag of opinions about him on their forum. http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussio ... -to-bolton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More worrying are comments regarding his fitness - thought this guy was stepping out on saturday
Lenny did say we wanted someone in time for saturday - so - yeah! you'd have to hope the bloke we sign can actually at least walk! :D

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:55 pm

thebish wrote:
HMX wrote:
Nixon wrote:BOLTON. Vetokele at Charlton top of the wish list. Shocked if he will be available all the same.?
https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/stat ... 6490779648" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vetokele joined Charlton last year for £2.4m from FC Copenhagen. He made 33 appearances that season and scored 11. He's only 5 foot 8, so not sure we'd get much aerial presence out of him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_Vetokele" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1 in 3 is better than what we've got! I've never heard of him though!

is the aerial game really our strength? have we abandonned the whole idea of playing it on the deck? Clayton, clough (ok - injured), Mavies, wellington.. all players who can play with the ball at their feet... also - feeney and dannzy...
Nobody wants to move into space to receive the ball, so yes.. We do still tw@t it up
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:57 pm

Not exactly promising! But then both thebish and I post on this forum despite knowing feck all about football, so he could be of a similar ilk.
Imagine if Igor had gone to Bolton rather us from Copenhagen and his career had followed the same trajectory. The he arrived with us on loan next week in his current state. We'd quickly be trying to find ways of describing this as a worse signing than Lepointe.

It does seem that Bolton at least have some interest. In which case I am wrong. I really thought the modern English game was staffed and managed by proper professionals.
But IF he goes on loan now, to another Championship club, what does it say about the professional due diligence at other clubs? I could understand it if it was a lower league club.
I like Chris and his optimistic view better...
Chris_from_Sidcup Member
7:49AM
Rest assured that no matter how sh*t, unfit, fat, lazy etc he is right now, you can guarantee that if he goes there he'll suddenly start scoring every week

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:49 pm

Meanwhile, no news on Samaras but here's a clip from a while go of him and Lennon being lovely.
https://twitter.com/FourFourTweet/statu ... 3884917760" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:35 pm

No feckin striker then yet?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:41 pm

jaffka wrote:No feckin striker then yet?
No but keep your fingers crossed and we may yet snag a charlton reserve. :pissed:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:56 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
No but keep your fingers crossed and we may yet snag a charlton reserve. :pissed:
Do you think they'll take Trotter as part of the deal .... if we pay them a bit (lot) extra ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:49 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Do you think they'll take Trotter as part of the deal .... if we pay them a bit (lot) extra ??
Will they feck.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:36 pm

^^^ it's that over abiding sense of reality which makes me dislike you so much. :whack:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:24 pm

I think Plymouth needs to stand up and be counted and go to the Macron and physically remove Trotter from the squad to try to make amends for this shockingly shambolic transfer thread :whack:

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:32 pm

feck me our saviour (sorry 3rd choice) now is a Charlton reserve, who's own fans think is shite.

Someone please turn the lights off & throw away the keys....

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:37 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:feck me our saviour (sorry 3rd choice) now is a Charlton reserve, who's own fans think is shite.

Too be fair, haven't our previous loanee strikers been considered the same (Juke & Alf), they were in their parent clubs reserves when we got them in (Alf on the bench at most at Cardiff) and both were slagged off by their parent clubs fans as being useless.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:09 pm

wigan white wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:feck me our saviour (sorry 3rd choice) now is a Charlton reserve, who's own fans think is shite.

Too be fair, haven't our previous loanee strikers been considered the same (Juke & Alf), they were in their parent clubs reserves when we got them in (Alf on the bench at most at Cardiff) and both were slagged off by their parent clubs fans as being useless.
It's true that some players just aren't a good fit at their clubs and they could thrive elsewhere. Being slagged off for being useless is one thing, describing him as fat and accusing us of lack of due diligence is a bit more worrying :cry:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:17 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:accusing us of lack of due diligence is a bit more worrying :cry:
Internet Hyperbole Alert?

I mean, maybe the Addicks forummer is completely level-headed, but then again maybe not.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:45 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I mean, maybe the Addicks forummer is completely level-headed
Like what we are.