If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:19 am

I just hope if he deigns to join us, he's not got the physique of Jardel and the finishing prowess of Madine. And the twittering addiction of Marvellous.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:12 am

NL saying the Emnes deal fell through because of the agent fees, personal terms with Emnes had already been agreed :whack:

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:42 am

Another worry is that all 3 strikers that NL has been after are all completely different types of players - so it appears that NL doesn't even have a 'specific' type of striker that he's looking for to fit in with how he wants to play - he's after anyone !

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:09 am

New striker or no new striker for tomorrow. What will the board decide?

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:10 am

There's absolutely fecking no chance we'll ever sign anyone ever again. Got the new FIFA game. The bwfc squad is so depressing can hardly bring myself to play with them ..

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:19 am

Peter Thompson wrote:Another worry is that all 3 strikers that NL has been after are all completely different types of players - so it appears that NL doesn't even have a 'specific' type of striker that he's looking for to fit in with how he wants to play - he's after anyone !
To be fair, I think we're at the anyone but Madine stage. We're that desperate :(

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:47 am

wigan white wrote:NL saying the Emnes deal fell through because of the agent fees, personal terms with Emnes had already been agreed :whack:
Just another reason why agents should be given the boot, or at lest a set fee applied for their "services" instead of percentages. Agreement between clubs and players should be enough. Effectively, the greed of a man outide it all has stopped us signing a willing player, very probably, not for the first time. Great.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:52 am

They are indeed infuriating. Would be interesting to know the actual details. Anyone know how it works with agents and loan moves?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:06 am

Just to say something which I realise is staggeringly naive, but roll with me on the principle ... the 'agent' is the person appointed by the player to negotiate on his behalf. Shouldn't the player therefore pay him ??

I know. Old fashioned. But ...
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:23 am

bobo the clown wrote:Just to say something which I realise is staggeringly naive, but roll with me on the principle ... the 'agent' is the person appointed by the player to negotiate on his behalf. Shouldn't the player therefore pay him ??

Is anybody actually learning anything from incidents like the recent Phil Gartside fiasco and agents instituting court actions for being cut out of their slice of the action? This Emnes sour note is just one of may that go on every time a player moves on (how many times each year does this happen, I'm assuming usually once per player?) I agree with the above (I actually assumed that's what happens) but give the agent an agreed/set fee and they might not be so keen to be involved in time- wasting deals, especially since it would be their time being wasted.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:30 am

Peter Thompson wrote:Another worry is that all 3 strikers that NL has been after are all completely different types of players - so it appears that NL doesn't even have a 'specific' type of striker that he's looking for to fit in with how he wants to play - he's after anyone !
Interesting point.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:13 pm

The FA could stop all the fannying about with agents by ruling that agents can only be paid by the player they represent and nit by any club. They don't and a cynic might suggest it's because too many noses are in the trough.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:28 pm

Couple of years back we were going to borrow Carlos Vela till his agent got greedy

Second-choice Sturridge scored 8 in 12

When life gives you lemons...

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:32 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Just to say something which I realise is staggeringly naive, but roll with me on the principle ... the 'agent' is the person appointed by the player to negotiate on his behalf. Shouldn't the player therefore pay him ??

Completely agree. Here the landlord appoints several (often dodgy) agents to let their property. He pays nowt, I have to pay 5% of the annual rent to the agent. Often you don't even meet the agent as he can't be arsed showing you around the property. basically does feck all for 1,200 quid of mine :evil: Wankers the lot of them.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:35 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Couple of years back we were going to borrow Carlos Vela till his agent got greedy

Dunno, I had an argument on here last year with a few forum members who were convinced that Sturridge actually made us worse, that the stats didn't indicate how greedy he was, how he cost us Elmander, contributed to a loss of team spirit, and so on ... :roll:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:36 pm

Jugs wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Couple of years back we were going to borrow Carlos Vela till his agent got greedy

Dunno, I had an argument on here last year with a few forum members who were convinced that Sturridge actually made us worse, that the stats didn't indicate how greedy he was, how he cost us Elmander, contributed to a loss of team spirit, and so on ... :roll:
I think PPG went down. Probably because Captain Clappy started playing a daft system. I'm sure Lennon wouldn't change his system to the detriment of the team.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:58 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Jugs wrote:

I think PPG went down. Probably because Captain Clappy started playing a daft system. I'm sure Lennon wouldn't change his system to the detriment of the team.
I don't want to get into the fiasco of an argument about the same thing again :P But this really is a myth if you look at the ten games before his arrival and then ten games after his arrival.

Ten games before: Won 2 Lost 6

Ten games after The Saviour arrived: Won 5 Lost 3

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:04 pm

you'd certainly think so... but it seem the club has to pay someone to negotiate against them on the player's behalf... hmmmm.....

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:12 pm

I'm not convinced that, if you made the players pay them, all the players demands wouldn't go up by an amount coincidentally similar to what the agents get now from the clubs.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:41 pm

Prufrock wrote:I'm not convinced that, if you made the players pay them, all the players demands wouldn't go up by an amount coincidentally similar to what the agents get now from the clubs.
I've always thought that. It probably started off as an incentive, 2 clubs going for the same player, one offers to pay the agent fee as a sweetener.
I don't know, I'm going to stop thinking or posting about it as it gets right on my fecking tits.