If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Post by jonnycooper » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:14 pm

What happened to that one from citeh ?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:48 am

Marc Iles ‏@MarcIles 2m2 minutes ago Manchester, England

Neil Lennon confirms that Wanderers currently have Shola Ameobi on trial #bwfc

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:06 am

cool beanz. career average of 1 goal in five and already had unsuccessful trials at Huddersfield, Wolves and Sheff Weds.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:09 am

Depends on his fitness. As a player he'd definitely add something to us. But no good if he's another half fit like Heskey. We need someone who could if called upon play 3 games a week and Heskey I doubt would get past 1.

If Ameobi is fit (and IIRC he does have a history of injuries) then he'd be decent. But we certainly don't want another player who gets a hammy everytime he makes a run.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:13 am

Can't stand him. Never rated him! This thread socks!!!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:31 am

Weren't we sniffing around Sammi Ameobi an' all at one point? This is a desperate state of affairs and no mistake!
May the bridges I burn light your way

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:40 am

General Mannerheim wrote:cool beanz. career average of 1 goal in five and already had unsuccessful trials at Huddersfield, Wolves and Sheff Weds.

Add Celtic to that list.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:40 am

Poor old Iles grasping at straws, presumably in the interests of balance given the Twitter reaction is the same as on here.
Marc Iles ‏@MarcIles 48m minutes ago Manchester, England

Shola Ameobi has played one season in the Championship, at Newcastle, and scored 10 goals in 18 games. #justsaying #bwfc

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:28 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Marc Iles ‏@MarcIles 2m2 minutes ago Manchester, England

Neil Lennon confirms that Wanderers currently have Shola Ameobi on trial #bwfc
He owes our company money from when we shipped his Range Rover over to Gaziantep

Know where to find him now
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:57 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Poor old Iles grasping at straws, presumably in the interests of balance given the Twitter reaction is the same as on here.

Shola Ameobi has played one season in the Championship, at Newcastle, and scored 10 goals in 18 games. #justsaying #bwfc
He wasn't a bad player and if fit would add something. But there must be reasons why other clubs passed on him.

I'd also be unhappy if we took him for the season as presumably that would end the chance of finding a goalscorer in January unless we managed to move someone on. And I can't see Ameobi adding all that many goals.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Poor old Iles grasping at straws, presumably in the interests of balance given the Twitter reaction is the same as on here.

He wasn't a bad player and if fit would add something. But there must be reasons why other clubs passed on him.
Nah, he's just shit and can't move
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: I'd also be unhappy if we took him for the season as presumably that would end the chance of finding a goalscorer in January unless we managed to move someone on. And I can't see Ameobi adding all that many goals.
It's taken us all summer and 7 weeks of the season not to be able to find an affordable goalscorer. I hold out little hope of us being able to grub one up in January alone. Sadly, I'm guessing that Ameobi's about as good as this gets for us.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:39 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: I'd also be unhappy if we took him for the season as presumably that would end the chance of finding a goalscorer in January unless we managed to move someone on. And I can't see Ameobi adding all that many goals.
It's taken us all summer and 7 weeks of the season not to be able to find an affordable goalscorer. I hold out little hope of us being able to grub one up in January alone. Sadly, I'm guessing that Ameobi's about as good as this gets for us.
It is unlikely but January there may be championship clubs more prepared to loan out to others. Like Cardiff last year with ALF.

I think by then clubs just want wages off the books and are less worried about loaning to rivals. Also premiership clubs might be more prepared to loan out at that stage if out of Europe or signing further players to cover positions.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:15 pm

Ameobi? No, thanks.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:18 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
It is unlikely but January there may be championship clubs more prepared to loan out to others. Like Cardiff last year with ALF.

I think by then clubs just want wages off the books and are less worried about loaning to rivals. Also premiership clubs might be more prepared to loan out at that stage if out of Europe or signing further players to cover positions.
True, or someone who has fallen out of favour and is going to be released at the end of the season.
If it's Ameobi he's hardly in a great position to bargain so if he wants to play he could get a contract til Christmas like Heskey last year if we really can't get anyone else.
we're not going to find a proven goalscorer in this window, that's quite clear.

(and Trotter's still here btw, which is a shame, cos I'll miss Plymouth)

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:47 pm

None of our successful strikers had been ripping up trees before joining us. He's experienced, a finisher snd if he has the wrong attitude, NL will fire him off in quick time. Let's not jump the gun on the lad.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:16 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:None of our successful strikers had been ripping up trees before joining us. He's experienced, a finisher snd if he has the wrong attitude, NL will fire him off in quick time. Let's not jump the gun on the lad.
I don't think anyone is questioning his attitude, I think he's always come across really well in that regard. His career has been on the slide though for several years and he's 33. It doesn't mean he can't turn it round but I understand the reticence. I hope he's brilliant, forming a deadly duo with Ivanhoe. :pissed:

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:45 pm

Both Supa John and Supa Kev's careers were on the wane when they signed for us.

Plus, we're not buying from Harrods anymore it's Poundstretcher and until he signs and he pulls on the shirt and plays I'll reserve judgement.
Pfffft.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:05 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:None of our successful strikers had been ripping up trees before joining us. He's experienced, a finisher snd if he has the wrong attitude, NL will fire him off in quick time. Let's not jump the gun on the lad.
I don't think he's a finisher even at his best, I'd not describe him as that.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:17 pm

One goal in six for Toon, often off the bench and better than one in 3 last year in Turkey. I'll trust Lennon's judgement on him.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.