If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Seanf80
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Post by Seanf80 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:57 am

Brisbane Roar fan here, logged in just to tell you all about Brattan.

In the A-League, he was a great player and very loyal to Brisbane from his junior youth team days to being a regular starter for 4/5 seasons.
Rightfully has been included in an A-League team of the year, caught the eye of Brendan Rogers and Man City scouts watching their Melbourne namesake.
I see him in the Michael Carrick mould. Great passer, movement, touch, vision all there. He has a rocket of a shot on him, but hasn’t really used it too much as Brisbane always had to work the ball and pass it into the box. After a couple of manager changes he got more free reign to stamp his authority and control the game.
In almost every game he plays, he makes the most number of passes on the field and has the highest pass percentage success rate. (which can mean lots of short passes)
He’s not a creative type as in the Thomas Broich (Brisbane Roar)/Fabregas type and not prolific in goals from the midfield (Gerard, Lampard type).
Perhaps for him to step it up to the next level will mean scoring more. The right coaching can get more out of him I believe. However he is 25, Bolton are bottom of the league and will want to see him making an impact quickly or returning him to city. City got him for free. If he impresses beyong anyones wildest dreams, will end up in the city squad as a fringe player next year. Success will be being sold to Bolton at the end of the season as regular starter. Subsequent loan deals with smaller clubs before returning to Australia could be seen as failure.

He will have less time on the ball in the Championship and as much I love the guy he will need to improve and develop his speed and finishing get in and stay in the Bolton team.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:38 am

^ cheers mate! all good to hear!

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:47 am

Thanks for taking the time to give us your opinion Sean and Carlos. We really need something to kick start our season and a tough tacking, decent passing midfielder would certainly help. I just hope he doesn't upset too many referees as we have had too many red cards this season.

Now just for pace and a goal scorer.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:18 am

Some positive reads on this Brattan guy. Looking forward to seeing him play, although I can't see us buying him... I mean what is this word buying? :?

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:48 am

DSB, he's an emergency loan?

In January, could we extend to the end of the season or are we limited to 93 days in total?
Sto ut Serviam

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:11 am

All loans that aren't "youth", foreign or "standard" (window-to-window) are "emergency". It's a daft word.

But yes you can only have the same guy on emergency loans for a total of 93 days (three months) in any season. I'm not sure however that stops you then getting the same bloke on window-to-window.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:15 am

Dunno why I asked you then!

You'd hope if it worked out we could get him til the end of the season
Sto ut Serviam

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:47 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:Dunno why I asked you then!

You'd hope if it worked out we could get him til the end of the season
Depends if they need his Englishness for numbers in PL or CL squads

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:54 am

twilight wrote:Some positive reads on this Brattan guy. Looking forward to seeing him play, although I can't see us buying him... I mean what is this word buying? :?
You know how each new signing seems to be poorer than what we've previously had? This guy is a lesser Aaron Mooy. I can't wait :|

Somebody has to dampen PTs enthusiasm :wink:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:06 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
twilight wrote:Some positive reads on this Brattan guy. Looking forward to seeing him play, although I can't see us buying him... I mean what is this word buying? :?
You know how each new signing seems to be poorer than what we've previously had? This guy is a lesser Aaron Mooy. I can't wait :|

Somebody has to dampen PTs enthusiasm :wink:
ask Dan about Aaron Mooy - it'll perk you up! :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:26 pm

Nice to see the helpful comments from other sources. Thanks for that lads.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:54 pm

If anybody pretends to have seen him play, don't believe them.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:37 pm

From a friend of mine who lives in Brisbane and goes to most home games... 'I like him. Great passer at A-League level where he sat in front of the back four. Can tackle and shoots pretty well. He left on a technicality, and free. His pension had not been payed by the Roar so he was able to walk. The rumour was that he had signed for City and we expected him to be loaned out to one of their network of clubs. Brighton had been trying to sign him last year but a that fell through. He will do pretty well, he is grounded - met him on a couple occasions via a mate, nothing too much trouble. When Roar played the Scouse scum earlier this year he was on their level and is a regular Socceroo starter so I think you have done well to snap him up.'

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:38 pm

danardif1 wrote:From a friend of mine who lives in Brisbane and goes to most home games... 'I like him. Great passer at A-League level where he sat in front of the back four. Can tackle and shoots pretty well. He left on a technicality, and free. His pension had not been payed by the Roar so he was able to walk. The rumour was that he had signed for City and we expected him to be loaned out to one of their network of clubs. Brighton had been trying to sign him last year but a that fell through. He will do pretty well, he is grounded - met him on a couple occasions via a mate, nothing too much trouble. When Roar played the Scouse scum earlier this year he was on their level and is a regular Socceroo starter so I think you have done well to snap him up.'
Socceroo's as in the Aussie national side? According to Wiki, he's never figured for them.

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:41 pm

Jugs wrote:
danardif1 wrote:From a friend of mine who lives in Brisbane and goes to most home games... 'I like him. Great passer at A-League level where he sat in front of the back four. Can tackle and shoots pretty well. He left on a technicality, and free. His pension had not been payed by the Roar so he was able to walk. The rumour was that he had signed for City and we expected him to be loaned out to one of their network of clubs. Brighton had been trying to sign him last year but a that fell through. He will do pretty well, he is grounded - met him on a couple occasions via a mate, nothing too much trouble. When Roar played the Scouse scum earlier this year he was on their level and is a regular Socceroo starter so I think you have done well to snap him up.'
Socceroo's as in the Aussie national side? According to Wiki, he's never figured for them.
I think he's just been called up... don't take everything as certain but he likes him as a player and has certainly watched him a lot for Brisbane Roar.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:56 pm

Well, if he's better than Danns he gets my vote.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Jugs wrote:Well, if he's better than Danns he gets my vote.
Yes another one who agrees !!

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:12 pm

I've been anti-Danns for a while. His time is up in this division; he shouldn't have got a new contract. He does a few things right, but too many aspects of his game let him down.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:38 pm

Is he English, or Australian?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:48 pm

boltonboris wrote:Is he English, or Australian?
Born in Hull, called up for (but not yet capped by) Australia