If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Post by boltonboris » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:41 pm

He's a diver
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:43 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:I think Lennon wants some coffee shoved in front of him so he can fecking smell it.

Talk about THIS for forward planning ahead of the MK Dons match:

“I’m disappointed he’s not been available because we’ve had him (Wellington) in since Sunday night – it should have been done and dusted. That was a real source of frustration before the game.
“We set the team up with him in mind, but we’ll have him for the weekend and that should bring a bit of freshness.”

Set the team up with for a player who isn't actually ours yet?

Who's got the keys to the padded cells?
Is it really too hard to imagine a situation, where NLs spent qute a bit of time sweet talking the guy to come to us. The guy is in with the team on Sunday. NL is assured that the paperwork will be done in time for the match. Therefore NL pencils him in to replace Feeney - not a wholesale tactical re-org. The paperwork is 3 mins late. NLs interviewed after losing a match should have won. He's frustrated, wonders if Silva would have made the difference and expresses a frustration with the delay.

I'm assume you would have been raging about Prince being thrown straight into the Derby match had we lost that one and he hadn't been so impressive. Wonder how the team was set up for that one

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:45 pm

boltonboris wrote:He's a diver
It's Spain... they all do that.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:56 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:I think Lennon wants some coffee shoved in front of him so he can fecking smell it.

“I’m disappointed he’s not been available because we’ve had him (Wellington) in since Sunday night – it should have been done and dusted. That was a real source of frustration before the game.
“We set the team up with him in mind, but we’ll have him for the weekend and that should bring a bit of freshness.”

Is it really too hard to imagine a situation, where NLs spent qute a bit of time sweet talking the guy to come to us. The guy is in with the team on Sunday. NL is assured that the paperwork will be done in time for the match. Therefore NL pencils him in to replace Feeney - not a wholesale tactical re-org. The paperwork is 3 mins late. NLs interviewed after losing a match should have won. He's frustrated, wonders if Silva would have made the difference and expresses a frustration with the delay.

I'm assume you would have been raging about Prince being thrown straight into the Derby match had we lost that one and he hadn't been so impressive. Wonder how the team was set up for that one
Assurances and assumptions. Assume nowt until it's black and white. Until the ink is dry. Until the rubber stamp is stamped. Until the fax is in the pocket. Etc etc. etc etc.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:11 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:
StaffsTrotter wrote:

Assurances and assumptions. Assume nowt until it's black and white. Until the ink is dry. Until the rubber stamp is stamped. Until the fax is in the pocket. Etc etc. etc etc.
and yet you've assumed from the quote that the team was being set up around the 1 guy - he was only 'in mind' - for all you know that might have been as a sub

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:15 pm

Nah not having that. If you planned on someone making it as a sub you wouldn't say you "set the team up with him in mind".
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:32 pm

Prufrock wrote:Nah not having that. If you planned on someone making it as a sub you wouldn't say you "set the team up with him in mind".
which is why I'd originally said, that I assumed it would have been a straight swop for feeney - but its all individual speculation and assumption, seemingly flavoured with a pro/ against NL stance. Personally just don't get the hyperbolic venting and criticism of NL that seems to be creeping onto the board.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:38 pm

I do hope the driver doesn't break any speed limits getting these last minute saviours to the stadium.

I guess it might work setting a team up around last minute arrivals if you didn't, as a general rule, do much work anyhow.

Have we signed anyone today?

Have we sold anyone today?

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:55 pm

Sorry to be a numpty but what happened to Slavchev?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:59 pm

Bruno3 wrote:Sorry to be a numpty but what happened to Slavchev?
Who??
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:03 pm

Didn't he head back to Lisbon at the end of last season.

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:07 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Bruno3 wrote:Sorry to be a numpty but what happened to Slavchev?
Who??
Simeon Slavchev - thought he was one of Lennon's first signings along with Twardzig (or however you spell it) - could be I'm just having a bad day, as usual

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:09 pm

Enoch wrote:Didn't he head back to Lisbon at the end of last season.
Are you thinking of Rochina?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:11 pm

Rochina headed back to Lisbon too, to Benfica.

Slavchev went back to Sporting Lisbon.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:11 pm

Bruno3 wrote:
Enoch wrote:Didn't he head back to Lisbon at the end of last season.
Are you thinking of Rochina?
No he was a Benfica player, has just joined Standard Liege in Belgium.

Slavchev is out on loan from Sporting again, this time at APOEL Limassol in Cyprus.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:30 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote: Personally just don't get the hyperbolic venting and criticism of NL that seems to be creeping onto the board.
It happened with the last fella too

About this far into his first full season

Its disruptive and its destructive
Sto ut Serviam

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:33 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Didn't the kid only arrive in Bolton that day? Do we only "set the team up" on the day?
The last bloke picked our team a fortnight in advance and this one does it in the afternoon of the game, right around the time we're working on set pieces for the first time. Sublime to the ridiculous
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:33 pm

Prufrock wrote:Rochina headed back to Lisbon too, to Benfica.

Slavchev went back to Sporting Lisbon.

Thanks for the info

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:29 pm

Out of interest, who do we think our lowest paid professionals are and what what sort of deal will they be on these days? Still enough to give it the big 'un? Like rob lainton driving about in a Bentley...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:53 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Nah not having that. If you planned on someone making it as a sub you wouldn't say you "set the team up with him in mind".
which is why I'd originally said, that I assumed it would have been a straight swop for feeney - but its all individual speculation and assumption, seemingly flavoured with a pro/ against NL stance. Personally just don't get the hyperbolic venting and criticism of NL that seems to be creeping onto the board.
We've 2 wins in 16 and just set an all time club record for consecutive games without scoring.

Amidst all that our manager has said and done a few odd things. If we'd won a couple this season those things would be ignored, but we haven't and criticism goes with the territory.

Lennon has rightly gotten off lightly so far given the initial positivity he brought and the circumstances he has to work in. However, the game he is in, and knows it, is a results based one. And even with some allowances the results at the end of last season and the start of this are nowhere near good enough.

Not one person (apart from the odd crazy) will call for his head, but I think there is plenty we can question.