If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Re: If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Post by StaffsTrotter » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:00 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Didn't the kid only arrive in Bolton that day? Do we only "set the team up" on the day?
The last bloke picked our team a fortnight in advance and this one does it in the afternoon of the game, right around the time we're working on set pieces for the first time. Sublime to the ridiculous
Know it might be just over exaggerated for comic effect, but whats the right time then Harry ?

At the time Derik got injured NL made a comment about disruption to the CB pairing he'd been working on in pre-season. There were various comments on here about the error of his ways and how various combos should have been played pre season and how amateurish we were. As it happened there was an interview with Dervite in the BN before Derby that no-one seemed to pick up on, but which pretty much dispelled the inference that people had taken from NLs comments. Dervite said: “I don’t think it will be a big problem for us because in training we do change things round a lot, play with different partners in central defence'. As it happened Prince came in a day before and played pretty well. Just saying like.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:21 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:Out of interest, who do we think our lowest paid professionals are and what what sort of deal will they be on these days? Still enough to give it the big 'un? Like rob lainton driving about in a Bentley...
There was a leaked (and probably false) spreadsheet in another thread a few weeks back that seemed to suggest that fringe squad players/development players (e.g. Twardzik) were on about 25-30k p/a. That equates to about £500-600 per week, post tax, and seems about right to me regardless of accuracy of the supposed leak. They're not at the top of the game, but still make a living out of it. Imagine it's similar figures, possibly a little higher, for League 1/League 2 first team players without looking into it.
Wow really!? There must be academy coaches, ticket office staff, kit man, press officers etc on that much??

Can't imagine a professional footballer, in the 2nd tier of English football earns less than the national average??

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:44 pm

If you work on our first team signings being on about 5k a week, you'll not go far wrong

18 pros on 5k a week is 4.5 million

Our non parachute income is about 6 million
Sto ut Serviam

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:47 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Nah not having that. If you planned on someone making it as a sub you wouldn't say you "set the team up with him in mind".
which is why I'd originally said, that I assumed it would have been a straight swop for feeney - but its all individual speculation and assumption, seemingly flavoured with a pro/ against NL stance. Personally just don't get the hyperbolic venting and criticism of NL that seems to be creeping onto the board.
I haven't seen ANY hyperbolic venting and criticism of Lennon on here! would you care to quite just what you mean? If anything, folk are being very sensible and patient, surely?? we are bottom! and nobody is panicking! I'd say that's a pretty patient reaction! fair play to the TW forum! :oyea:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:09 pm

Not Wanderers related, but transfers in general.

Now, I know there are lots of weird and wonderful rumours out there, and lots of people find it fun to speculate regardless of the truth, but how the feck did this happen:

"Real Madrid have accepted a £48m offer for France striker Karim Benzema from Arsenal, according to former QPR forward Rodney Marsh."
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:15 pm

Ream has gone.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:41 pm

jmjhb wrote:Ream has gone.
"And he is outta here!" to use the old baseball idiom.

Just seen rumours that Watford are willing to let Vydra go, with Forest being interested. I'd definitely love him here on loan if finances allowed it.
They wouldn't ;-)
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:42 pm

Just seen rumours that Watford are willing to let Vydra go, with Forest being interested. I'd definitely love him here on loan if finances allowed it.
That would be a to signing for us. I imagine geography would work against us.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:48 pm

boltonboris wrote:

They wouldn't ;-)
A man can dream :) Although aren't Forest in a similar situation to us? I know they've got loaded owners, but they're under sanctions this season aren't they?
They can still meet £10k per week towards his wages though....
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:48 pm

Watford have finally shelled out a few millions to get Vydra in permanently and now they're ready to let him out on loan?

Get him in.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:00 pm

Jugs wrote:Watford have finally shelled out a few millions to get Vydra in permanently and now they're ready to let him out on loan?

Get him in.
There will be a queue as long as Chorley New Road to sign him up on loan. Blimey, what a step change between Champ & Prem.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:24 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Jugs wrote:Watford have finally shelled out a few millions to get Vydra in permanently and now they're ready to let him out on loan?

Get him in.
There will be a queue as long as Chorley New Road to sign him up on loan. Blimey, what a step change between Champ & Prem.
Meanwhile, we're looking in the other direction. If we're as skint as we seem to be there's absolutely no chance of us hoovering up Premierish-level players, we just can't afford them. Either kids from clubs who can foot their wages (eg Wellyboot) or unwanted free transfers (eg Pisano). Can't even imagine us signing League One players at the mo, we can't afford the transfer plus wage. We're looking down the back of the couch hoping to find not a ten-bob note but a player, asleep.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:30 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Get him in.
Meanwhile, we're looking in the other direction. If we're as skint as we seem to be there's absolutely no chance of us hoovering up Premierish-level players, we just can't afford them. Either kids from clubs who can foot their wages (eg Wellyboot) or unwanted free transfers (eg Pisano). Can't even imagine us signing League One players at the mo, we can't afford the transfer plus wage. We're looking down the back of the couch hoping to find not a ten-bob note but a player, asleep.
Which, when that is considered should temper peoples expectations and demands.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:42 pm

Finally confirmed.

@OfficialBWFC: BREAKING: #BWFC have completed the signing of free agent Francesco Pisano on a two-year deal: http://t.co/qTMdt7gyaJ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://t.co/0FAsqLmq6k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

@OfficialBWFC: OFFICIAL: #BWFC are pleased to confirm the signing of Wellington Silva on a season-long loan deal from @Arsenal. http://t.co/gpyHqyPLDN" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:43 pm

^^ P ... S .... G ... needed or it's just theory.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:44 pm

@Enoch: my twitter is a bit rusty, but I think this means two in. Not clear which one we'll build the team around for Forest. Probably find out at 2:55pm on Saturday.
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:46 pm

bobo the clown wrote:^^ P ... S .... G ... needed or it's just theory.
I can't post pics from my phone, but the links take you to S&Gs, with a scenic woodland background rather than a pitch. Possibly a club joke about Forest?
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:48 pm

boltonboris wrote:They can still meet £10k per week towards his wages though....
Any idea what our current wage limit is; surely selling Ream must have freed up a good ~£15k, barring potential incomings?
I fear whatever Ream's wages it makes little difference in reality. The objective is to lower costs, not free up wages so they can be spent elsewhere.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:50 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:@Enoch: my twitter is a bit rusty, but I think this means two in. Not clear which one we'll build the team around for Forest. Probably find out at 2:55pm on Saturday.
Thank you muchly.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:03 pm

Decent signings these two IMO

Wellington Silva will very quickly become a crowd favourite at the Macron....he may need a couple of games to get used to how shit we are, but I think he'll link up really well with M Davies & Z Clough - apparently he's very quick and if NL gets the team to play to his strengths he'll give us a real threat going forward - all we need now is someone who can convert the opportunities that he'll create !

I also have a feeling Pisano will be the best right back we've had for a good few years.