If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:08 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:this transfer lark is a chuffin' lottery..

Lukas Jutkiewicz... STILL hasn't scored a goal for Burnley in a competitive game... yet he scored 7 in 20 for us...

how mad is that??
... how's Marvin doing there ?
dunno...

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:14 pm

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:this transfer lark is a chuffin' lottery..

Lukas Jutkiewicz... STILL hasn't scored a goal for Burnley in a competitive game... yet he scored 7 in 20 for us...

how mad is that??
... how's Marvin doing there ?
dunno...
Came on as an 83rd min sub for The Jute today. :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:56 am

Burnley aren't short of strikers are they?

Gray, Sordell, Juke, Barnes, Hennings, Vokes, Vossen, Long... that's at least 8! Surely some of those are going out on loan before long...

Heat666
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Heat666 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:42 am

Yeh, but don't Burnley only play 4-2-4 formation these days?
Check out my House mixes too: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD3aHG ... SZ6kZOHjtQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:47 am

Would love the juke back here! Think we'll wait to see what the prem teams have to offer! Bet Lennon working like a mad man to offload Trotter and medo
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:08 pm

We need a poacher and I'm hoping Frazier Campbell really is on our radar. Get a decent finisher in, sort Pratley's ankle and I think we're in for a half decent season.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:13 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:We need a poacher and I'm hoping Frazier Campbell really is on our radar. Get a decent finisher in, sort Pratley's ankle and I think we're in for a half decent season.
A finisher up front helps. But we lack goals throughout the team. Can't see many hitting double figures. Light on goals from midfield and the back four.

Generally just light on goals.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:19 pm

So far, granted. We are only 4 league matches in. I'm quietly confident the change in fortune will come. Starting Friday with luck

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:22 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:So far, granted. We are only 4 league matches in. I'm quietly confident the change in fortune will come. Starting Friday with luck
Speaking of which, we need a match thread and seeing as my predictions are well off, I'm staying clear of creating it.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:26 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:We need a poacher and I'm hoping Frazier Campbell really is on our radar. Get a decent finisher in, sort Pratley's ankle and I think we're in for a half decent season.
A finisher up front helps. But we lack goals throughout the team. Can't see many hitting double figures. Light on goals from midfield and the back four.

Fcuking hell BWFCi what do you want, an entire new team?
We have NO MONEY, fact, mainly due to some dickhead managers whom you were happy to back at the time.
Moaning your bollox off at Lemons choices is stupid to the extreme, even impatient ones such as I are not ready to fry him yet, work in progress, an owner who doesn't give a shit anymore and a chairman you wouldn't let loose in a nursery, that's what he's against before you start on the last pricks left overs!!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:33 pm

^^first one to have a go at him. Learn from your past mistakes insane which led to you f**king off for a while. Nobody likes a constant moaner.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:41 pm

Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

We have NO MONEY, fact, mainly due to some dickhead managers whom you were happy to back at the time.
Moaning your bollox off at Lemons choices is stupid to the extreme, even impatient ones such as I are not ready to fry him yet, work in progress, an owner who doesn't give a shit anymore and a chairman you wouldn't let loose in a nursery, that's what he's against before you start on the last pricks left overs!!
If 2 wins in 18, 0.5 points a game makes you happy then feel free to be.

If your expectations really are that low then fine. There is a big difference between being unhappy with a, let's be honest, dire run of form than calling for the managers head. We all know his hands are tied to a large extent. But he's not unique in that position, and others in similar situations are doing better. I certainly don't think he's beyond question right now. I'm happy he's our manager but like everyone else he has to start producing otherwise the season is over before we know it.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:50 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

If your expectations really are that low then fine. There is a big difference between being unhappy with a, let's be honest, dire run of form than calling for the managers head. We all know his hands are tied to a large extent. But he's not unique in that position, and others in similar situations are doing better. I certainly don't think he's beyond question right now. I'm happy he's our manager but like everyone else he has to start producing otherwise the season is over before we know it.
Tell us the goal scorer we can get on a free transfer and accept the wages that would be on offer?

What happened to your application when duggie got the bullet? Thrown straight in the bin would be my guess.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

The point is Lennon has had to fight a malaise around the club instilled by previous incumbents as well as a large in balance in playing staff available.
Look up until the last couple of years there has been money available but the tools who spent have in the main left poor overpaid journey men at the club. I'm less than happy about BWFC not being in a position to challenge for promotion nor is anyone else but until the problems endemic in the core of the club are sorted, it ain't going to happen.
Please just don't push the we are crap to the umpteenth degree just yet, you have some valid points, just like PT does, you just don't come across as he does (even then some label him a prick).

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:01 pm

Hoboh wrote:
The point is Lennon has had to fight a malaise around the club instilled by previous incumbents as well as a large in balance in playing staff available.
Look up until the last couple of years there has been money available but the tools who spent have in the main left poor overpaid journey men at the club. I'm less than happy about BWFC not being in a position to challenge for promotion nor is anyone else but until the problems endemic in the core of the club are sorted, it ain't going to happen.
Please just don't push the we are crap to the umpteenth degree just yet, you have some valid points, just like PT does, you just don't come across as he does (even then some label him a prick).
We've been tightening our belts as a club for a few seasons now and things have gradually got more difficult. We couldn't spend on Juke a striker we already knew made us better for example, despite agreeing a fee for him.

I don't know where you think I'm particularly blaming Lennon either. It isn't his fault we don't have a top scoring striker. I'd question why we need another right back. But he's not got much to work with. All I'm pointing out was that even with a recognised goalscorer up front we still could do with goals from elsewhere. The problem isn't Lennons making entirely and a difficult one to solve, but somehow we need to find goals from somewhere.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:07 pm

^^so it's gone more than just one player, we need a new team. You're in dream world. You need another hobby. Have you discovered girls yet?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:00 pm

Nixon saying that Wednesday are in for both Hooper and Kenwyn Jones. Now that's ambitious.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:40 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:If formations are fluid and don't matter I take it that there is never any basis to complain about a system or formation any manager has ever used? Because ultimately it is all fluid and doesn't matter?
Heaven forbid theres one less thing to complain about. Far too much emphasis and bollox spouted. Any system, formation or whatever relies on the players you have (physical and mental ability) as well as the form they are in & how ell they do what they are told (before & during game); the philosophy behind how you play it (is 3-5-2 an attacking or defensive set up); throw in a dollop of the oppositon ( do you impose or match) and the need to change throughout a game etc etc. Can see the benefit of having a default set up, but can't see the value of only having 1 or discounting some completely.

Anyway back to the thread - not seen any discussion about our potential spanish LB. I had a look a couple of days ago - he did seem to be a jonah and have a few relegations on his CV (sorry)

Anyone else see Big Sam on MOTD. When asked about the 1 thing he'd advise new manager in PL, he flagged formation flexibility. Mentioned Burnley trying to play 442 every game which obviously didn't end too well
Bijou Bob wrote:Nixon saying that Wednesday are in for both Hooper and Kenwyn Jones. Now that's ambitious.
Interesting to see if this comes off. Guy at work is a wednesday fan and said about 3 weeks ago, that the owner has been making lots of noise all pre-season about what he's going to invest, but hasn't delivered anything other than expensive ticket prices

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:17 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:
StaffsTrotter wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:If formations are fluid and don't matter I take it that there is never any basis to complain about a system or formation any manager has ever used? Because ultimately it is all fluid and doesn't matter?
Heaven forbid theres one less thing to complain about. Far too much emphasis and bollox spouted. Any system, formation or whatever relies on the players you have (physical and mental ability) as well as the form they are in & how ell they do what they are told (before & during game); the philosophy behind how you play it (is 3-5-2 an attacking or defensive set up); throw in a dollop of the oppositon ( do you impose or match) and the need to change throughout a game etc etc. Can see the benefit of having a default set up, but can't see the value of only having 1 or discounting some completely.

Anyway back to the thread - not seen any discussion about our potential spanish LB. I had a look a couple of days ago - he did seem to be a jonah and have a few relegations on his CV (sorry)

Anyone else see Big Sam on MOTD. When asked about the 1 thing he'd advise new manager in PL, he flagged formation flexibility. Mentioned Burnley trying to play 442 every game which obviously didn't end too well
Bijou Bob wrote:Nixon saying that Wednesday are in for both Hooper and Kenwyn Jones. Now that's ambitious.
Interesting to see if this comes off. Guy at work is a wednesday fan and said about 3 weeks ago, that the owner has been making lots of noise all pre-season about what he's going to invest, but hasn't delivered anything other than expensive ticket prices
Which was Sam code for you can't stay up playing 2 up front. He was right. I don't see Allardyce playing 3-5-2 wherever his next job is!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:35 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:

I don't imagine bigSam would persist with formations for which he didn't have the players... in fact - that was one of his many strengths - buying players to fit the formation (let's face it - his formations were pretty static!) he was gonna play...

if he didn't have them - he made a good job of making them them fit! (Pederson at left back!) :D

I am not yet convinced we have the players to make 3-at-the-back really work... I'm open to being convinced by arguments that we have got those players...