If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:41 am

My one and only time in Denmark was spent consuming large quantities of some local brew to Odense. No idea what it was called, but it was bloody good and very cheap when bought by the (multiple) crate at the supermarket.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:59 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:My one and only time in Denmark was spent consuming large quantities of some local brew to Odense. No idea what it was called, but it was bloody good and very cheap when bought by the (multiple) crate at the supermarket.
It was probably Albani, AT. Lovely. If you (or indeed anyone else) finds themselves on the Jutland side of Denmark then I implore you track down a beer called 'FUR' which is brewed on the tiny Danish island of Fur (there's an umlaut over the u, BTW). It's delicious.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:57 pm

A week in...................and no signings. Booooooooooooooooo
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:04 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:A week in...................and no signings. Booooooooooooooooo
We should turn it into a traveller's beer guide. When in Sweden, Mariestads. Drinks like a refreshing pale ale. Top notch. :drink:

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:14 pm

Green label carlsberg on the continent is excellent. Pilsner on the whole over there is tremendous. We drink and suffer shite over here. Thick, tangy craft bollocks, brewdog marketed-to-arseholes shite, pissy fecking lager or some claggy mild/bitter. Complections in old faces like sad drips. I could quite happily move to belgium and drink Jupiler or Maes. :pissed:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:We should turn it into a traveller's beer guide. When in Sweden, Mariestads. Drinks like a refreshing pale ale. Top notch. :drink:
What's good in Brentford?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:37 pm

Enoch wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:We should turn it into a traveller's beer guide. When in Sweden, Mariestads. Drinks like a refreshing pale ale. Top notch. :drink:
What's good in Brentford?
Equidistant (pretty much) between the Stag Brewery at Mortlake and the Fullers Brewery in Chiswick. One produces bottled American piss, the other flat ale. It's not good I'm afraid. :hang:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:45 pm

I know I've been down here a while but Fullers is all right! Pride is the only thing consistently drinkable down here.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:49 pm

Prufrock wrote:I know I've been down here a while but Fullers is all right! Pride is the only thing consistently drinkable down here.

Pride, yes. If you can find it the McMullen's IPA is passable (Hertfordshire Brewery)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:51 pm

That's the problem down here, finding things. There's a pub in Farringdon that does Wainwrights, but as much as I love it, I'm not popping there everytime I want a pint.

You're only really confident of getting Pride or Doom Bar, and whilst I like the latter, it's temperamental, and so is often shite if they don't know what they're doing looking after it.

ESB is decent too (though only 1, mind!) TBF, I had sommat of Fullers the other week that was fecking awful. Gold pump-clip. But yeah, I'd settle for an all day session on't Pride by the river tomorrow.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:07 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:Green label carlsberg on the continent is excellent. Pilsner on the whole over there is tremendous. We drink and suffer shite over here. Thick, tangy craft bollocks, brewdog marketed-to-arseholes shite, pissy fecking lager or some claggy mild/bitter. Complections in old faces like sad drips. I could quite happily move to belgium and drink Jupiler or Maes. :pissed:

How come they haven't managed how to make it taste proper over here?

I always have a couple of bottles of Becks in't fridge in case of a hot day. Made the mistake when out the other day of ordering a pint of draught lager when out and could barely finish it. Tastes like bread washed down wi bleach.

Also had my once annual reminder that cider is a much better idea than it is reality. That's how I know summer is coming!

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:21 pm

TBH its the same with San Miguel, tastes nicer on the continent than over here :conf:

Also a shout out to the good ol' US of A when i was in NY for its "Blue Moon" (and now available in Tesco), what a tremendous drink that is.

I'd also like to vote this thread as the most "Premature Ejaculation of all Threads", seeing as the transfer window doesnt open for another 3 & 1/2months :spank:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:25 pm

wigan white wrote:
Also a shout out to the good ol' US of A when i was in NY for its "Blue Moon" (and now available in Tesco), what a tremendous drink that is.
Squeeze a wedge of orange into it, Wigan. Seriously. And welcome back, mate. :oyea:

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:48 pm

Just avoid anything brewed in Burton-upon-Trent and you should be good.

Brewing capital of the world, my arse. Of shit beer maybe.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:16 pm

jmjhb wrote:Just avoid anything brewed in Burton-upon-Trent and you should be good.

Bollocks. Drink Marstons Pedigree brewed traditionally using the Union brewing technique at the old Marstons brewery in any of the nearby villages. One of Britain's finest pints. Other than for that though, yes. Coors rubbish. ;)

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:57 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
wigan white wrote:
Squeeze a wedge of orange into it, Wigan. Seriously. And welcome back, mate. :oyea:
Will deffo try that this weekend Bruce, as ive got 6 of the buggers awaiting consumption. And cheers amigo.
:D

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:59 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
jmjhb wrote:Just avoid anything brewed in Burton-upon-Trent and you should be good.

Bollocks. Drink Marstons Pedigree brewed traditionally using the Union brewing technique at the old Marstons brewery in any of the nearby villages. One of Britain's finest pints. Other than for that though, yes. Coors rubbish. ;)
Had to go to Brum with work a couple of weeks ago and had a couple of cheeky pints of Pedigree, it was spot-on.
Also quite like Coors Light on a nice sunny day.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:09 pm

wigan white wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
wigan white wrote:
Will deffo try that this weekend Bruce, as ive got 6 of the buggers awaiting consumption. And cheers amigo.
WW is back, with a sexual reference. I've missed them, particularly the innuendos. I mean, no offence to Jaffka, I enjoy his anal intrusion references, but I like a bit of variety.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:18 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
wigan white wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
wigan white wrote:
WW is back, with a sexual reference. I've missed them, particularly the innuendos. I mean, no offence to Jaffka, I enjoy his anal intrusion references, but I like a bit of variety.
As Martin Luther King once said, "Variety is the spice of life, now lets enter Selma through the back passage!!!" :lol:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:23 pm

That's it then, you can all just feck off and stick it up your asses. I'm going now.