If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Re: If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:01 pm

"Linked" with a striker from Boston Utd

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/20/gb ... ague-move/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Pfffft.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:02 pm

TKIZ! wrote:"Linked" with a striker from Boston Utd

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/20/gb ... ague-move/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Could be the next Tony Caldwell !!
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:05 pm

Riviman wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:"Linked" with a striker from Boston Utd

Could be the next Tony Caldwell !!
Looking at the age of Eidur and Emile, we've probably has a look at the last Tony Caldwell, too!

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:05 pm

Arsene like Wellie Silva:

http://www.allarsenal.com/2015/08/news/ ... loan-deal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:08 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
jaffka wrote:Which, when that is considered should temper peoples expectations and demands.
There's no doubt Lennon has been given a bad hand.

There's almost a little doubt, in my mind at least, that he has frequently played that hand badly. He needs to step the frig away from the back three/five idea, for a start. Most of the other stuff (quotes about set pieces and team set-up) is worrying but fairly inconsequential, but we are unarguably starting to rack up more of those unwanted records.

I think Lennon has done a very good job this summer in the transfer market. He now needs to prove he can do a good job with tactics and selection. Those expectations and demands have very little to do with the transfer market. I'm not expecting him to turn shite to gold, but I think the squad we have is good enough for mid-table at least. A win against the previous fella - rather than the insipid capitulation displayed at the City Ground - would be a nice start.

COYWM.
Last season was stay up, mission accomplished.

Transfers have everything to do with how a squad is strengthened. We are shopping in the bargain basement to improve on last years escape.

Staying in the division for me would be success.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:11 pm

The 22-year-old favours being deployed on either wing which means that he will have to work extremely hard in order to displace the players currently occupying those roles.
I want some of what he's on.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:11 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:There's almost a little doubt, in my mind at least, that he has frequently played that hand badly.
Meanwhile, in pedants' corner: "belief" rather than "doubt", surely? :D
Right attitude, wrong word. Should rad "There's almost as little doubt...", to ring against the similar phrase in the previous sentence.

Pearls before swine, Anthony! :D

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:15 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:There's almost a little doubt, in my mind at least, that he has frequently played that hand badly.
Right attitude, wrong word. Should rad "There's almost as little doubt...", to ring against the similar phrase in the previous sentence.

now DSB, I would have thought that 'almost a' was superfluous, so it read 'theres little doubt in my mind....' :D

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:19 pm

jaffka wrote:
jaffka wrote:Which, when that is considered should temper peoples expectations and demands.

There's almost a little doubt, in my mind at least, that he has frequently played that hand badly. He needs to step the frig away from the back three/five idea, for a start. Most of the other stuff (quotes about set pieces and team set-up) is worrying but fairly inconsequential, but we are unarguably starting to rack up more of those unwanted records.

I think Lennon has done a very good job this summer in the transfer market. He now needs to prove he can do a good job with tactics and selection. Those expectations and demands have very little to do with the transfer market. I'm not expecting him to turn shite to gold, but I think the squad we have is good enough for mid-table at least. A win against the previous fella - rather than the insipid capitulation displayed at the City Ground - would be a nice start.

COYWM.

Transfers have everything to do with how a squad is strengthened. We are shopping in the bargain basement to improve on last years escape.

The bolded is a fairly obvious fact, and I've never denied that. Indeed a few lines above that I noted how good a job Lennon has done in the transfer market. It's been a major blood-letting but we haven't really lost anyone I'd categorise as someone I'd dearly love to keep (Bogdan perhaps but I'm just as happy with Amos) and we've got rid of a lot of overpaid underachievers.

It's a pity Lennon can't spend the same wage budget but I still think that with the players we've got, he has recruited well and midtable is a very achievable target. This squad is far from being among the three worst in the division. From here (or rather, from Sep 1st) will be largely down to Lennon's tactics and management.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:21 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:

now DSB, I would have thought that 'almost a' was superfluous, so it read 'theres little doubt in my mind....' :D
Nope - I stand by it. Although doubt is rarely expressed in the binary world of the internet, I am (slightly) surer that Lennon has had a bad hand than I am that he has frequently played it badly. Hence "almost as little doubt".

Sheesh! :D

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:22 pm

jaffka wrote:

COYWM.

The bolded is a fairly' obvious fact, and I've never denied that. Indeed a few lines above that I noted how good a job Lennon has done in the transfer market. It's been a major blood-letting but we haven't really lost anyone I'd categorise as someone I'd dearly love to keep (Bogdan perhaps but I'm just as happy with Amos) and we've got rid of a lot of overpaid underachievers.

It's a pity Lennon can't spend the same wage budget but I still think that with the players we've got, he has recruited well and midtable is a very achievable target. This squad is far from being among the three worst in the division. From here (or rather, from Sep 1st) will be largely down to Lennon's tactics and management.
Or the players sticking the ball in the net, he can only get them to the white line.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:28 pm

jaffka wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:This squad is far from being among the three worst in the division. From here (or rather, from Sep 1st) will be largely down to Lennon's tactics and management.
Or the players sticking the ball in the net, he can only get them to the white line.
Indeed. And they look much more like scoring, and much less like conceding, when he's not STILL flirting with the disastrous three/five at the back.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:37 pm

jaffka wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:This squad is far from being among the three worst in the division. From here (or rather, from Sep 1st) will be largely down to Lennon's tactics and management.
Indeed. And they look much more like scoring, and much less like conceding, when he's not STILL flirting with the disastrous three/five at the back.
Every formation has a use, so nothing should ever be wrote off. Football is fluid it's not a game of chess, the basics are always the same. Formations will change during a match according to the opposition, score, discipline etc.

Ultimately though apart from around 5 league places or so, I think we want the same

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:38 pm

Enoch wrote:
The 22-year-old favours being deployed on either wing which means that he will have to work extremely hard in order to displace the players currently occupying those roles.
The Arsenal wide players
Sto ut Serviam

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:41 pm

jaffka wrote:

COYWM.

The bolded is a fairly obvious fact, and I've never denied that. Indeed a few lines above that I noted how good a job Lennon has done in the transfer market. It's been a major blood-letting but we haven't really lost anyone I'd categorise as someone I'd dearly love to keep (Bogdan perhaps but I'm just as happy with Amos) and we've got rid of a lot of overpaid underachievers.

with a good dose of luck in respect of injuries etc. Still wonder if last season would have petered out like it did, without the injuries

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:42 pm

With the amount of outs, it certainly feels like the squad is smaller.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:52 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
Enoch wrote:
The Arsenal wide players
I thank you.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:56 pm

jaffka wrote:Every formation has a use, so nothing should ever be wrote off. Football is fluid it's not a game of chess, the basics are always the same. Formations will change during a match according to the opposition, score, discipline etc.

Ultimately though apart from around 5 league places or so, I think we want the same
I agree. Said a few times that tactical flexibility is needed. And yeah, we want the same - the best possible for the team we love.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:06 pm

Happy with these 2 signings! looking forward to Silva ripping Forest apart this weekend!

Where's GG to? she still post here?
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:09 pm

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fu ... 40657.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well, Timmy's gone. 4 year contract too.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".