Brentford. Away. Saturday.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Brentford. Away. Saturday.

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:39 pm

Starting this one a bit early so that the SE / London contingent can sort out the drinking arrangements.

Only my third game of the season. I don't imagine I'm going to see a famous away victory (regular readers will be familiar with my win-rate). Nevertheless, I live in hope. And, if nothing else, I might get the recently converted-to-alcohol Dan to buy me a pint.

Bring it on. :(
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Brentford. Away. Saturday.

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:50 pm

I was at Griffin Park for our most recent game there - a 3-2 win in the League Cup in October 1995. Can't see us winning there twice on the bounce.
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:08 am

No problem getting a pint at Brentford!

Shocking thread title.

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:37 pm

I'm hoping to make it. Pay on the day will be required though I think, since I can't commit just yet. There's a pub on each corner of the ground, right? That sounds like a plan.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:03 pm

Lennon'sEleven wrote:There's a pub on each corner of the ground, right? That sounds like a plan.
Sounds like the basis for confusion, more like...
(I believe at least one of them has shut down)

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:33 pm

Official twitter says we've sold 900 of our 1,600 allocation, so I'd expect pay on the day.
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:59 pm

I'm going. It's pretty rubbish that the only thing we can look forward to now is ruining Brentford's promotion push, but this is how far we've fallen. We're now trying to be Brentford's party poppers. Still, I just hope we do ourselves proud, play well, express ourselves - and win. And win well.

And yeah, there are pubs on each corner. Apparently The Griffin is the pub from the much-maligned movie Green Street.

Also, just checked the weather and it looks awesome. Whites in the sunshine! Might get burnt.

Also, close to a thousand sold already; that's awesome away support for a dead game. Bolton fans never get the recognition they deserve from the media.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:19 pm

Jugs wrote:I'm going. It's pretty rubbish that the only thing we can look forward to now is ruining Brentford's promotion push, but this is how far we've fallen.
fallen?? FALLEN????

We've rocketed up the league right up to 17th, man!!!! :D

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:21 pm

The good times are back :P

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:59 pm

Just ordered my ticket for the terrace!

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:00 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:Official twitter says we've sold 900 of our 1,600 allocation, so I'd expect pay on the day.
From the site: 'Please note that there will be no sales on the day of the fixture.'

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/bren ... ZDYpdLw.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:37 pm

HMX wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:Official twitter says we've sold 900 of our 1,600 allocation, so I'd expect pay on the day.
From the site: 'Please note that there will be no sales on the day of the fixture.'

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/bren ... ZDYpdLw.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Perhaps to discourage ticketless homers from sneaking into the away end? Have they sold out? They're excitingly close, and to be honest I'd quite like them to go up (although it'd spanner my closest away game next season)

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:50 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
HMX wrote:

Perhaps to discourage ticketless homers from sneaking into the away end? Have they sold out? They're excitingly close, and to be honest I'd quite like them to go up (although it'd spanner my closest away game next season)
I'd imagine they have sold out. It's a pretty small stadium and seems packed each week.

I'd like to see them go up, but if it came down between us winning and them being denied a playoff place, I'd take the 3 points all day.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:59 pm

Jugs wrote:I'd like to see them go up, but if it came down between us winning and them being denied a playoff place, I'd take the 3 points all day.
Just hypothetically, like, what if our three points meant the old-gold Doghead wankers made the play-offs instead?

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:33 pm

"No pay on the day" noted - thanks for the tip off (although my good friend and occasional Wandererer Dartisan had spotted this also). Tickets therefore bought - looking forward to it. Not sure why.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:34 pm

Jugs wrote:I'd like to see them go up, but if it came down between us winning and them being denied a playoff place, I'd take the 3 points all day.
Just hypothetically, like, what if our three points meant the old-gold Doghead wankers made the play-offs instead?
hmmmm.... tricky - though, arguably more comic value in Wolves to get into the playoff final and THEN losing out... the greater the fun - the bigger the risk, though...

personally - I'd never set out before a game wanting us to lose it - but should we lose and there turn out to be favourable consequences pursuant to that loss - that's fine! 8)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:37 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:the old-gold Doghead wankers
talking of which...

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:38 pm

Any recommendations for pubs around the ground? Would be good to see a few folk I haven't met on here.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:33 pm

Hmm. Still a Bolton win for me. I want to see us do ourselves proud on Saturday and show that we're not just easy pickings for 3 points.

Plus, I want some hints that next season will be better :P
HMX wrote:Any recommendations for pubs around the ground? Would be good to see a few folk I haven't met on here.
There are pubs on each corner, so you can take your pick. I think me and my mate will visit each one, but apparently The Griffin is a good choice.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:39 pm

Jugs wrote:
There are pubs on each corner, so you can take your pick. I think me and my mate will visit each one, but apparently The Griffin is a good choice.
Hope it's a bit classier than the hometown version of the same name. :grin:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?