Life Is A Bowl Of Cherries

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Life Is A Bowl Of Cherries

Post by HMX » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:23 pm

I feel for Alf too. Bournemouth are a good passing side, but feck me, are we dogshit.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:26 pm

Well, I said this would be a good indication of exactly how far away we are. Turns out we're a little further away than I thought.

Major investment needed.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:27 pm

Neil Danns in give it away on the half way line shocker.

I've never hated a Bolton side but this one is so close. What hope do they give the fans? Heartless, passionless and talentless.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:29 pm

Its hard to say
I certainly hope the backbone of our side does not constitute ream, moxey, dervite, danns, bannon and heskey next season.

His continual desire to shoehorn a 352 out of his squad worries me. Reminds me of coyle and a 442 without holden and muamba...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:30 pm

Middlesbrough must be gutted they're not playing us at the weekend. That 17 goal swing wouldn't be looking too formidable.

Ah well, at least we gave it a good go :roll:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:32 pm

The only hope we can have is that this was the game that they were all playing for their contracts as we won't be renewing many.

We've had 1 shot on target all game btw.

Not going to win many when that happens.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:36 pm

DJBlu wrote:The only hope we can have is that this was the game that they were all playing for their contracts as we won't be renewing many.

BBC stats say they've had 22 shots, 10 on target. We're 6/1.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:37 pm

The cnuts were toying with us!!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:38 pm

jonnycooper wrote:Bournemouth are up!!! We are so feckin generous!! :crazy: :crazy: :whack:
They are that much better than us, Jonny. Best side I've seen all season. We're THAT far off of the pace.
May the bridges I burn light your way

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:39 pm

Just feck off Bolton, just feck off.

Sick to the back teeth of this pathetic team. Without doubt getting worse.

Well done Bournemouth. Gonna need to play a lot harder than that next year. Teams won't gift you like that in a hurry.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:40 pm

DJBlu wrote:The only hope we can have is that this was the game that they were all playing for their contracts as we won't be renewing many.

Whose contracts are up that was out there tonight?
Bogdan - one man team!
Moxeys here for 2 more
Ream has 1 or 2 left
Dervite has 2 more
Danns signed a 1 yr extension
Bannon - loan we (hopefully) cant afford
Davies - 1 more year
Walker - ?
Heskey - up
Alf - loan
Eidur - up

These shithouses are here to stay!

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:42 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
jonnycooper wrote:Bournemouth are up!!! We are so feckin generous!! :crazy: :crazy: :whack:
They are that much better than us, Jonny. Best side I've seen all season. We're THAT far off of the pace.
Probably the best team in this division for the last 2 seasons,they were good last year,having just been promoted from league 1. They have a very good Manager there to boot!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:46 pm

jonnycooper wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Probably the best team in this division for the last 2 seasons,they were good last year,having just been promoted from league 1. They have a very good Manager there to boot!
And we still have this unbelievable inability to track the runner. We had a corner on 61 minutes - if you've recorded it just watch how fecking expertly they see it out. Textbook. We're not even doing the simple things, let alone doing them well. Bournemouth have done them well all season.
May the bridges I burn light your way

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:54 pm

Some very passionate posts in this thread. Maybe a reality check is in order for some?

None of ours will come out with glowing reports but this match mattered far more to the home team.

We were beaten by the better team and congratulations to them on their promotion which has to wait a few days to become official.

Now that they are out of the way I can say I hope they win the league.

Their chairman as well effing in the changing room!

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:54 pm

Amused myself by asking who, from that team, I'd be happy to see starting next season.

Excluding the loanees (so just ALF, then), I came up with Bogdan, Ream and Sparky. Wouldn't be unhappy to see Eidur, Walker, Heskey and Threlkeld in the squad somewhere.

So, assuming a 4-4-2, and welcoming back the injured lot...

GK - Bogdan

RB - ?
CBs - Ream, ?
LB - ? (Kellett?)

RW - ?
CMs - Pratley, Sparky
LW - Clayton

ST - Clough, ?

Ideally we'll get ALF back, filling that other striker berth. We've also got Vela to fill in, who could work alongside Pratley and Sparky in a 5-man midfield, and I'd also prefer to keep Craig Davies on. Baptiste could also fill in one of the defensive roles, as long as he brings his Blackburn form instead of his Dougie form. Leaves a squad of;

Threlkeld, Eidur, Heskey, Vela, Walker, Davies, Danns, Dervite, and the kids. Plus assorted others I may have forgotten about.

We have a dearth of quality full backs, a proper defensive leader, and a proper set of wingers. I also wouldn't say no to a new captain in midfield (although, you never know, maybe Spearing and Medo might work their way back in). Plenty of work to do in the summer for Lennon.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:57 pm

Amusing scenes from their apparently pissed up chairman there.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:08 pm

Depressed isn't the word. Can't really blame Lennon, he has no real team strength and is operating on a shoe-string. Feel sorry for Bogdan who was our best player by an airfield length. I'm surprised some of our lot didn't turn up in swim shorts and flip-flops. What's changed from the "bang it up to Kev" format? Now it's bang it up to Heskey and let him kill it for the defenders with our support weaker than a tapioca pudding. Midfield, what's that? Mark Davies is still way off being a strength.

Bottom line, credit to them, they played us off the park. Oh, and for what it's worth, the ref wasn't ever in charge of that game. I've seen less contact at fight-night at Wood Street from them and more effort from a synchronised swimming team than us. As I said, depressed ain't the word. Fed up gets near it.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:32 pm

Come on guys, think about it....Lennon has worked an absolute miracle in keeping us up! We were bottom when he took over. How he has kept us up with some of these players is beyond me....he needs a f.....king medal! This game meant absolutely nothing tonight plus the fact we had injuries again especially in defence.....I can't imagine Lennon in a million years would have picked that comical threesome at the back otherwise :). We were awful yes, and Bogdan was easily our best man with poor Alf second just by working his little cotton socks off. The season was over a few weeks ago, let Lennon now do his job hopefully for a much better next season!!!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:55 pm

Absolutely can blame Lennon, I'm afraid. Back five didn't suit a single one of those players. Feeney and Walker don't like running the wrong way, and when they do it they're too far back to be any good going forward. Dervite looked good in a back four and has been utterly shite in a 3 every time. Ream is never a centre-back in a million years, absolutely bullied by Wilson, and Moxey is barely a footballer, he's defo not a CB. Two soft as shite and one uncomfortable doing it. No need. It's back to Owen Coyle stubbornness.

I like his talk, but even taking into consideration the injuries we've had, he's making poor decisions.

All the keeping budget needs to go on Bogdan. Walker and Vela both look fine for the bench, they're both players, but neither ready to play every week in a team looking to challenge top 6. Pick a back four and fecking stick with it.

Bournemouth outstanding, really chuffed for them, but we made it so easy.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:01 am

Blimey, I've not seen many games this season but that was fecking weary! Even The Alf was anonymous.
Felt a bit bad for Feeney with the stick he was getting but he was very poor. Not as bad as Walker tho but nobody gets on his back which is a good thing I suppose. Lacklustre, halfhearted and didn't look like scoring all night. On the plus side I was impressed with the wanderers fan turnout, don't reckon there was anywhere near the 357 they sold but not bad in fairness. The minutes silence was the most impeccably observed I've ever witnessed and I was really happy for those AFCB fans at the end, the pitch invasion was an impressive sight!