Season 2015/16 - What does it hold in store?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Season 2015/16 - What does it hold in store?

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:15 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Still no signings today. Are we waiting till the day before the season starts to sign up Heskey, Dobbie and Wilson? Save a weeks wages?
Touch of the blackpools?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:17 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Still no signings today. Are we waiting till the day before the season starts to sign up Heskey, Dobbie and Wilson? Save a weeks wages?
Touch of the blackpools?
think we can offer more than £90 a week basic

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:32 am

Just saw Lennon in fannies pub again. He was at the bar being mithered by some young blokes, so I didn't give him the benefit of my footballing knowledge. I just hope it doesn't affect out season.

freeindeed
Promising
Promising

Post by freeindeed » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:05 am

LeverEnd wrote:Just saw Lennon in fannies pub again. He was at the bar being mithered by some young blokes, so I didn't give him the benefit of my footballing knowledge. I just hope it doesn't affect out season.
I'm sure he learnt a thing just from being in your presence. Nice one.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:17 am

LeverEnd wrote:Just saw Lennon in fannies pub again. He was at the bar being mithered by some young blokes, so I didn't give him the benefit of my footballing knowledge. I just hope it doesn't affect out season.
Side-eyed cock watcher!
May the bridges I burn light your way

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:17 am

Sold 10000 season tickets. Quite a good effort from the wanderers fans given the apparent lack of expectation.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:06 am

Anyhow, we currently sit in a playoff place and I see no reason why we shouldn't hold on 'til the end of the season.

:pissed:

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:11 am

I can't help but feel with the attack and midfield we have ready to go, especially Clough, Madine, Mavies mand Pratley, we will always look threatening. That said, if we lose a couple of them to injury we will be in trouble.

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:27 am

I think we're about four players short. We need a goalscorer and a new cb and new two full backs. It's a shame because I think we've got some really good players and a good manager and I think with a bit of money we could have easily got to the playoffs if not even won the league (seriously). If we had say, Dawson, ALF, Pisano (assuming he's as good as he sounds) and a good left back then I think you could compare our squad to the best in the league. Derby for instance are widely fancied but for all there big spending I wouldn't swap Ince for Clough, or 110% Bent for ALF or their manager for ours. Having said that we don't have those players and our defence does look shocking and we do seem somewhat profligate.

I'm hopeful that we'll get some defenders in.

Last season when Lennon first took charge we pressed teams so much that it made our defence look vastly improved, it hadn't, the opposition was just under so much pressure they couldn't create the same quality of chances against us. Hopefully we can employ this same tactic this season.

In the tiny amount of time I've seen Hayden White play he looked quick, strong and an excellent tackler that in itself puts him ahead of most of our defenders. Also Woolery is worth mentioning although I've never actually seen him play i think he's scored in or won a penalty in every game he's played this preseason. Fingers crossed the academy will produce some quality like last season.

I think we'll beat Derby.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:58 pm

Inspiring stuff from our Kes! Sincerely hope you're right and I'm wrong. Can't agree on White but only seen him in first team cameos where he looked poor. Was well regarded when we got him so might come good. I think the midfield is key to our defence. They got an easy ride when Lennon came in because midfield was pressing to opposition so well and prratley seemed to be the key.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:16 pm

The pressing style is why Spearing was chucked - He just doesn't do it. He's got good energy though, so should be able to, but he just doesn't

Hopefully, that will change but at the moment, Pratley, Mark Davies and Vela give us the best balance in terms of being able to press AND be more useful on the ball. All fit, this will be the main trio we'll see in my opinion with Cloughinho (who is the real feckin' deal - What a touch he's got) off Madine - Fair play to Feeney too, he's looked good pre-season despite being fairly shit at most aspects of the technical side of the game
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:00 pm

boltonboris wrote:The pressing style is why Spearing was chucked - He just doesn't do it. He's got good energy though, so should be able to, but he just doesn't
See, this is what's pissed me off with Spearing. He seemed to be able to do plenty of pressing when he was here on loan!
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:27 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
boltonboris wrote:The pressing style is why Spearing was chucked - He just doesn't do it. He's got good energy though, so should be able to, but he just doesn't
See, this is what's pissed me off with Spearing. He seemed to be able to do plenty of pressing when he was here on loan!
He looked the perfect midfield player for this league when here on loan. I don't know what happened. If he got back to his best he'd be ideal for us, but I can't shake the impression he got pissed off over the criticism of his holiday and doesn't give a shit anymore.....

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:51 pm

Last season,Bournemouth gambled and it paid off!! But Brentford and Ipswich were surprises and Brighton an even bigger surprise as they only just survived...I,m going for a automatic promotion for us next season....We,ll be shit all season and then have an amazing end of season run that will culminate in promotion! There I've said it!,, Nurse....Nuuurrse

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:56 pm

Nile Ranger has been fecked off from Blackpool for being a nobhead!! Does anyone think that Lennie could work his magic with him? I thought he was gonna be a good-un when he first appeared on the scene!

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:59 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
He looked the perfect midfield player for this league when here on loan. I don't know what happened. If he got back to his best he'd be ideal for us, but I can't shake the impression he got pissed off over the criticism of his holiday and doesn't give a shit anymore.....
Never buy into this idea that players try or not try. Sure they can lose motivation and form, play in a team that does suit etc etc, but at the end of it, they are all replaceable and they know it. He's on a good whack here and geographically are excellent for his family, so I've no doubt he'd love to regain his spot.
He lost his place coz he lost his form - his passing was atrocious. As I said post Vale, I thought he looked up for it, I just don't think he's in NLs 1st XI so wont get the opportunity and we can't afford high cost bench warmers

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:24 pm

I just hope the main thing about Neil Lennon is that he inspires some fight and ambition in us. There's a real down-in-the-mouth feel about us right now, no money to buy players that we'd have considered bargain basement stuff not long back and a squad that's a bit shoestring at best with little chance of any real change in view. My big worry is what Garside told/promised him when he hired him for the job. So far it's all very much Fosterrs ale and second hand Ford Focus than champagne and limo stuff. Fingers crossed something breaks for us beside bones.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:37 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:I just hope the main thing about Neil Lennon is that he inspires some fight and ambition in us. There's a real down-in-the-mouth feel about us right now, no money to buy players that we'd have considered bargain basement stuff not long back and a squad that's a bit shoestring at best with little chance of any real change in view. My big worry is what Garside told/promised him when he hired him for the job. So far it's all very much Fosterrs ale and second hand Ford Focus than champagne and limo stuff. Fingers crossed something breaks for us beside bones.
cheer up TD. We spent our entire PL tenure showing it wasn't all about spending power and wasn't the team Bruce R assembled to spark our last renaissance full of bargain basement types

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:42 pm

jonnycooper wrote:Nile Ranger has been fecked off from Blackpool for being a nobhead!! Does anyone think that Lennie could work his magic with him? I thought he was gonna be a good-un when he first appeared on the scene!
dunno! has Lennie shown any such "magic" for managing troublesome knobheads?

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:42 pm

jonnycooper wrote:Nile Ranger has been fecked off from Blackpool for being a nobhead!! Does anyone think that Lennie could work his magic with him? I thought he was gonna be a good-un when he first appeared on the scene!

He was on £150 a week basic apparently with pay as you play £33 a minute or something stupid.

Crazy!