2015/16 pre-season

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: 2015/16 pre-season

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:50 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
twilight wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:@OfficialBWFC: The travelling Wanderers support are in good voice.

That'll be the salad. :D
Errrr....no, I had it on good authority that wasn't happening (see page 14)!!
The bloody chips didn't happen either! :( Just pies with contents at a similar temperature to molten lava. At £3 a pop. :shock:
Hotter-than-the-Sun Sausage Roll. £2.50. Bargain. 8)
May the bridges I burn light your way

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:12 am

freeindeed
Promising
Promising

Post by freeindeed » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:27 am

So looks like Dobbie is go!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:44 am

TonyDomingos wrote:@OfficialBWFC: FULL TIME: @OfficialOAFC 0-2 #BWFC. Goals from @Feens11 and Gary Madine seal a convincing win for Wanderers.
Can you translate please?

The only bit of that I got was 'Gary Madine'.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:20 am

Enoch wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:@OfficialBWFC: FULL TIME: @OfficialOAFC 0-2 #BWFC. Goals from @Feens11 and Gary Madine seal a convincing win for Wanderers.
Can you translate please?

The only bit of that I got was 'Gary Madine'.
Apologies.

The pies were hot. Dobbie was hot. We won 2-0.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:12 am

Madine looked ok as did the new Campo. Dobbie offers very little. Going to be a long season.

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:59 am

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:42 am

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:18 am

throwawayboltonian wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:Madine looked ok as did the new Campo. Dobbie offers very little. Going to be a long season.
NL has waxed lyrical about him in all 3 friendlies so are we being overly critical and biased because of his poor form since moving to England, or is NL trying to be positive about one of the few available free strikers within our reach?
The latter, I reckon. We're not going to be signing the likes of Bamford on loan or anyone else on PL wages so this is it.

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:24 am

I think he's trying to be positive as well, he can see that the likes of Dobbie are 1. all we can get really, and 2. as long as they're hard working can contribute something to the squad as a whole.

Dobbie isn't awful and he'd probably make a decent backup to our intended frontline of Madine (who I must say has been impressive in pre-season so far, still has to convince me he's got consistent goals in him though) and Clough...

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:32 am

Also, picking up thigh strains in pre-season (especially when it's two of our youngsters Clough & Walker, who could still be growing) is not a good sign.

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:46 am

It ties in with what that shouty Dutch fitness coach said about our training camp... I do agree to some extent that the training can be too intense at times in this country and it can bring on unnecessary injuries...

Now if they hadn't been put through as intense a schedule would Clough and Walker be getting more game time? What is better to have actual playing minutes under your belt before the season as well as obviously working on fitness or going too hard on the fitness side and bringing on little niggles that can actually hamper the real preparations?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:51 am

is the forum on the verge of a volte-face?

scrap the fitness training - bring back the ping pong! there was a day when the forum-answer was having them all run up and down winter hill carrying life-size concrete statues of Cyril Smith! :D

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:20 am

thebish wrote:is the forum on the verge of a volte-face?

scrap the fitness training - bring back the ping pong! there was a day when the forum-answer was having them all run up and down winter hill carrying life-size concrete statues of Cyril Smith! :D
Not at all, just commenting that the British style of pre-season training is more intense than European ones and can bring on small injuries as a side effect...

I'd much rather they were fit and ready to go with a couple of players with some slight issues than a squad who are more au fait with their ping pong paddles...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:22 am

jetsetwilly wrote:Madine looked ok as did the new Campo. Dobbie offers very little. Going to be a long season.
NL has waxed lyrical about him in all 3 friendlies so are we being overly critical and biased because of his poor form since moving to England, or is NL trying to be positive about one of the few available free strikers within our reach?
I think Dobbie looks like a decent player. Much better than I expected from the stats. He seemed composed on the ball and made some decent runs. Looks good as backip for that role just off the striker and we need that with Eidur gone and Clough looking unlikely to be able to play every game. And he's apparently versatile,but then I've only seen him once.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:28 am

LeverEnd wrote:
I think Dobbie looks like a decent player. Much better than I expected from the stats. He seemed composed on the ball and made some decent runs. Looks good as backip for that role just off the striker and we need that with Eidur gone and Clough looking unlikely to be able to play every game. And he's apparently versatile,but then I've only seen him once.
now it sounds dangerously like you know what you're talking about! :D

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:46 am

Did anyone post this? Eight minutes of highlights of the Morecambe match. Apologies if so....

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:57 am

thebish wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
now it sounds dangerously like you know what you're talking about! :D
Well I'm sorry for any confusion, but I think I made it very clear at watford last year that I don't.
I heard the lad in front of me say it on the way for one of his 23 pisses and repeated it on here verbatim.

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:00 pm

^ The club posted their own on Saturday morning:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:05 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Well I'm sorry for any confusion, but I think I made it very clear at watford last year that I don't.
I heard the lad in front of me say it on the way for one of his 23 pisses and repeated it on here verbatim.
that's a chuffin' relief! :D