Might we see some wood for the trees? - Forest (H) 22/08/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Re: Might we see some wood for the trees? - Forest (H) 22/08

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 am

boltonboris wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:We will see over time, but I'm far from convinced we were/are as good as is being made out. Forest were awful. And in the end we got a draw and Forest could have won. Apart from our penalty Antonio probably has the best chance of the game when he puts it straight at Amos.

We created chances yes, but I don't feel the tempo is right. We are too pedestrian for large periods of the game and struggle to create real pressure at times.

End of the day I think finishing is going to be a big problem because I'd say Clough is our best finisher but isn't playing well at all so far.

Silva looks good, but I'd wait and see if he produces a bit more end product from his runs.

That goal either kicks us on or is a false dawn. I hope it's the former but still think we have a good way to go. I think we've got enough in the squad bar, perhaps a goalscorer, but I don't think we've found the right formula yet.

And the centre of our midfield was very weak and we really did get away with it. Back four all absolutely excellent. Especially Dervite and Wilson. Superb.
Fvck me you're full of the joys of life. Forest could've won??!?! We had enough chances to win the game 3 times over. Yet you prefer to see the fact that they could've had one more goal to add to their tally?

Silva needs to improve his end product? It was his first game and he was visibly tired before half time.

Let up and try to be positive. You never know, you might like it

We'll said!

We're a work in progress! Some people ain't happy unless there wingeing.
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:43 am

I know one thing for sure -our defence! It's 10 times more solid than least seasons! I'd make it a priority in Jan to sign Prince! Bloke just glides across the pitch. Moxey (some said he was MOTM at forest) and Dervite have been reborn! Wilson looks solid enough. Can't evaluate Amos as he's had Fvck all to do! (Boro game aside)

The goals will come. I'm happy with our current efforts
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:57 am

plymouth wanderer wrote:I know one thing for sure -our defence! It's 10 times more solid than least seasons! I'd make it a priority in Jan to sign Prince! Bloke just glides across the pitch. Moxey (some said he was MOTM at forest) and Dervite have been reborn! Wilson looks solid enough. Can't evaluate Amos as he's had Fvck all to do! (Boro game aside)

The back four looks very good to me. Wilson was superb against Antonio and is a decent enough footballer in my view. Definitely the best right back we've had in ages.

Moxey is playing really well. He is again in my view far better at left back than Ream. And the centre half partnership looks really, really good.

It is a really excellent platform. If we can get the balance in midfield right and score some goals we'll be really well set because we've not had a solid back four for a long time.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:02 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:I know one thing for sure -our defence! It's 10 times more solid than least seasons! I'd make it a priority in Jan to sign Prince! Bloke just glides across the pitch. Moxey (some said he was MOTM at forest) and Dervite have been reborn! Wilson looks solid enough. Can't evaluate Amos as he's had Fvck all to do! (Boro game aside)

The back four looks very good to me. Wilson was superb against Antonio and is a decent enough footballer in my view. Definitely the best right back we've had in ages.

Moxey is playing really well. He is again in my view far better at left back than Ream. And the centre half partnership looks really, really good.

It is a really excellent platform. If we can get the balance in midfield right and score some goals we'll be really well set because we've not had a solid back four for a long time.

Thatta boy. Agreed

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:15 am

What does everyone think about the Burden Aces song?

Anyone who hasn't heard it.. It's played before kickoff.

Seemed to get everyone singing anyway.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:22 am

sometimes defenders can look totally different alongside one new player! let's hope this is the case with them and the prince!

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:27 am

Prince looks seriously good. His tackle on Antonio in the last minute was unbelievable. Antonio goal side and heading towards the box and Prince slid round him and took the ball.. Got up and trotted off :lol: the lad is class.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:29 am

ChrisC wrote:

Prince looks seriously good. His tackle on Antonio in the last minute was unbelievable. Antonio goal side and heading towards the box and Prince slid round him and took the ball.. Got up and trotted off :lol: the lad is class.
Some of his decision making is bit frightening, but he's quick, strong and aggressive, so he gets away with it - He'll do for me!!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:31 am

boltonboris wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

Some of his decision making is bit frightening, but he's quick, strong and aggressive, so he gets away with it - He'll do for me!!
Yeah, at times he is a tad to confident. Before he got clattered near the corner flag, he could of passed back to Amos to clear but he danced around the box and eventually come out with it. As long as he knows when to cap it then I don't mind.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:39 am

ChrisC wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

Yeah, at times he is a tad to confident. Before he got clattered near the corner flag, he could of passed back to Amos to clear but he danced around the box and eventually come out with it. As long as he knows when to cap it then I don't mind.

Still young aswell! What is he 21? Christ loads of room to mature! Lad has all the attributes to make it to the top.
Last edited by plymouth wanderer on Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:40 am

ChrisC wrote:What does everyone think about the Burden Aces song?

Anyone who hasn't heard it.. It's played before kickoff.

Seemed to get everyone singing anyway.
No, no, no....
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:42 am

Wasn't for me, but did seem to get people going, so all good

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:51 am

I quite liked it, if I'm honest. Not too many words to remember for some sections of the crowd.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:49 pm

Apologies if it's already been mentioned, but something that I thought was strange, pointless and a bit embarassing

The coach was warming Silva up - The drill was a quick one two, ball down the right flank to the byline and crossing it in..

Then he started on the left and stayed there..

WTF moment

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:55 pm

That Burnden Aces song is extremely camp and appears to be sung in a Yarkshire accent!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:16 pm

boltonboris wrote:Apologies if it's already been mentioned, but something that I thought was strange, pointless and a bit embarassing

The coach was warming Silva up - The drill was a quick one two, ball down the right flank to the byline and crossing it in..

WTF moment
was Walker I felt sorry for. The lad is very left footed. What I've seen of him suggests he can whip a nice outswinging ball in ... from the left. Putting him on the right nullified him, probably frustrated him, made worse by then getting the hook at HT

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:30 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Apologies if it's already been mentioned, but something that I thought was strange, pointless and a bit embarassing

WTF moment
was Walker I felt sorry for. The lad is very left footed. What I've seen of him suggests he can whip a nice outswinging ball in ... from the left. Putting him on the right nullified him, probably frustrated him, made worse by then getting the hook at HT
For me, Walker is a tad to predictable. You could see what he was going to do and players just closed him out of constantly blocked his passes and crosses.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:04 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:

WTF moment
He looks like he'll be a good player and he needs minutes to grow... We don;t have time for that development at the moment though, which is a shame.. He showed some good touches, but didn't get on the ball enough for my liking

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:41 pm

His body language makes him look like he'd rather be somewhere else. He has a decent left peg but isn't blessed with great pace and can't tackle. I know he's young and will hopefully improve but he might as well not have turned up on Saturday - his highlight was the free kick (with his left peg) that missed everybody by about 20ft and sailed into the stands

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:50 pm

Bruno3 wrote:His body language makes him look like he'd rather be somewhere else. He has a decent left peg but isn't blessed with great pace and can't tackle. I know he's young and will hopefully improve but he might as well not have turned up on Saturday - his highlight was the free kick (with his left peg) that missed everybody by about 20ft and sailed into the stands
He's a young lad with great delivery. Put a couple of great corners in.

Give him a bit of time.