Might we see some wood for the trees? - Forest (H) 22/08/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: Might we see some wood for the trees? - Forest (H) 22/08

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:33 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:Just out if interest BWFCi, where did he get the team selection wrong?? Given the players available, it's the 11 I would have gone with and worldie goal apart, would have given us 3 points. Vela was awful on Tuesday night.

Lansbury and Antonio are in their way out of Forest, so I suspect DF will struggle this season.
Midfield. We didn't have nearly enough control. We still could have won if Madine had scored the penalty. So could Forest if Antonio had scored his one on one.
I'm not sure what else he could have done. Vela and Feeney were both poor on Tuesday. If he'd dropped Davies we'd have less creativity. He could have played Spearing, Trotter or Medo but in place of who?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:38 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:Just out if interest BWFCi, where did he get the team selection wrong?? Given the players available, it's the 11 I would have gone with and worldie goal apart, would have given us 3 points. Vela was awful on Tuesday night.

Lansbury and Antonio are in their way out of Forest, so I suspect DF will struggle this season.
Midfield. We didn't have nearly enough control. We still could have won if Madine had scored the penalty. So could Forest if Antonio had scored his one on one.
I'm not sure what else he could have done. Vela and Feeney were both poor on Tuesday. If he'd dropped Davies we'd have less creativity. He could have played Spearing, Trotter or Medo but in place of who?
Walker. Vela or Spearing in middle, Davies out wider but a narrower midfield.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:49 pm

Shite that we drew that, forest are shite, dougies shite, we're shite.

Gary madine, goal machine. Over reliance on a lad whose not played 10? League games. Thank fcuk for dobbie...

And yeah fcuk you feeney and danns booers...though i would of plumped for vela in that team over danns...odd one.

Dervite top man?

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:57 pm

Madine didn't have the look of a player confident he would bury that penalty. It was pretty bad - then again I'm not sure who I would have backed to score it...! Symptom of our efforts in front of goal since the season began. What odds Dobbie our first goal-getter of the campaign (in any match)? It was a fine strike. At Last!

We have a problem with young Zach. I think he was a bit lost today. Either he can't do the Tuesday/Saturday schedule yet or he's not 100% used to being played in different positions. We can't not play him, but today's team wasn't ideal for him. Not really sure how to fit him in tbh - guess that's why I'm no football manager. Opposition are going to target and clatter him (didn't see much in the penalty incident from where I was sat - will have to have a look at the highlights) and he has to learn to be mentally tough if he's to progress at this level.

One thing I did pick up on, no-one is gambling at the back post for set pieces. Outswinging corner comes in, glancing header from Madine from between penalty spot and the corner of the 6-yard-box - ball flashes across the face and trundles harmless out for a GK. No-one there to pounce. Maybe it will come.

Sadly Dervite doesn't seem like the type of centre half who will chip-in with goals from set-plays, couple of decent looking free-header chances that missed the target. Saying that his job first and foremost is to defend and he and everyone in the back-four today were very good.

No-body played poorly today and hopefully as Clayton, Pratley and Derik come back into the fold (and new-boy Pisano) we'll have options and competition for places. Roll on Blackburn on Friday night.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:03 pm

Sorry BWFCi the stats just don't bear you out. Yes, we had slightly les possession, but that aside, we controlled large passages of play, had width and used both flanks heavily where they were vulnerable.

Moxey was mom for me, with Prince a close second.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:08 pm

Not too bad as a performance, certainly worth one point and probably no complaints had we taken all three. Not sure I'd have let Madine take the pen, but that's easy with hindsight (course had it gone in, it would've been a great confidence builder)...Gotta find some one to put the ball in the net from down the back of the sofa or something..

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:18 pm

Can those who went tell me how Wellington Silva did?
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:31 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Sorry BWFCi the stats just don't bear you out. Yes, we had slightly les possession, but that aside, we controlled large passages of play, had width and used both flanks heavily where they were vulnerable.

We were at home, against a Dougie Freedman side, and we had less possession. Think the stats perfectly bear out my point.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:32 pm

Nicko58 wrote:Can those who went tell me how Wellington Silva did?
Looked lively. Strong and quick. Right footed but played on the left, which means he was cutting in all the time.

Will be a good asset, but will be judged over a season by how much end product he produces.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:40 pm

Nicko58 wrote:Can those who went tell me how Wellington Silva did?
Thought he did alright for a first game. 1st impressions - looks positive player in terms of wanting to usually take the defender on. Did a couple of explosive little runs with lay off. Didn't see obvious demonstrations of his speed over 10 -20 yard - couple of times he could have knocked ball past the guy and run him but he didnt. Put himself in a good position a couple of times and should have been played in but wasnt.

Got the impression he will be a typical winger will delight/ excite and frustrate in equal measure.

Still dont get this thing of putting wide men on their wrong 'side' - walker on the right & silva on the left what that all about

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:49 pm

Think that the MF is the area that needs to be sorted. Certainly didnt have enough bite/ ball winning in there today, nor runners to support and go past Madine. Our No 10/ 2nd striker is between Clough, Davies and Dobbie.
Back line is looking good and suspect Pisano will make it even better. From the bits I've seen of Derik, quick, strong comfortable on the ball, I'm wondering whether he could provide the MF anchor role

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:49 pm

Blackburn sacked bowyer.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:Sorry BWFCi the stats just don't bear you out. Yes, we had slightly les possession, but that aside, we controlled large passages of play, had width and used both flanks heavily where they were vulnerable.

We were at home, against a Dougie Freedman side, and we had less possession. Think the stats perfectly bear out my point.
[brokenrecord]The stat of 21 shots on goal.[/brokenrecord]
What did you expect? A couple of thousand attempts?
Businesswoman of the year.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:06 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Blackburn sacked bowyer.
Not according to the Lancashire paper ...

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/spor ... 1.display/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Though I bet he has, or soon will be). Anyway "other football" I guess.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:15 pm

Fridays game innit.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:23 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

[brokenrecord]The stat of 21 shots on goal.[/brokenrecord]
What did you expect? A couple of thousand attempts?
21 attempts is absolute bollocks. We may have had 21 attempts, but some of those were Danns skewing a shot 39 yards wide.

We had three on target. So did they.

They had more possession than us. I don't know how low people's expectations are, but we've now won 2 in the last 18. And we have two points from four games this season and are out of the league cup already.

We go to Blackburn next who also have yet to win. No doubt losing 1-0 there will be deemed decent too? 0.5 points per game is bottom of the league, season over by Christmas form. Am I really the only person who thinks a draw to a piss poor Forest team as a result is nowt to be celebrated? Yes a last minute equaliser is great but our results really do need to improve and quickly.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:35 pm

We're fcking gash and couldn't score in Farnworth on a Friday night. So yeah getting a goal and a point at home against a piss poor Forest is something to be celebrated. We may have turned a corner. Or we may not've...We'll have to see.
I'm happy; I wish you were too.

And 21 attempts isn't bollocks. It's a fact.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:40 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:We're fcking gash and couldn't score in Farnworth on a Friday night. So yeah getting a goal and a point at home against a piss poor Forest is something to be celebrated. We may have turned a corner. Or we may not've...We'll have to see.
I'm happy; I wish you were too.

And 21 attempts isn't bollocks. It's a fact.
I will be happy when we start winning. Really winning is all that matters.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:42 pm

Absolutely. :)

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:45 am

Lennon's midfield selections have been rubbish for a while. Walker on the right? Ridiculous. I've seen nothing to suggest that he's ready to be a reg first-teamer, and today he was a waste of space. The lad isn't without talent and I hope we can develop him but he got in last season because we were desperate. Spearing should be playing somewhere but Lennon has clearly ruled him out.
I've only missed the Boro game this season so far and today was the worst I've seen us play of the 4 I've seen. Forest were rubbish and so were we.
Mark Davies is a massive let down. I'm sick of hearing people slag off hard-working players like Danns and Feeney, who are limited but always give their best, while that lazy prick gets off scot-free despite his regular disappearing acts.
Plaudits today to the back 4 plus Amos, bollocks to the rest of it.