Might we see some wood for the trees? - Forest (H) 22/08/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: Might we see some wood for the trees? - Forest (H) 22/08

Post by jaffka » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:43 pm

The curse of duggie will continue and we will lose 2-0. Feck

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:03 pm

just been having a look at LTLP Forest Forum. They are quite confident judging by the result poll - 47% win, only 24% for a BW win. Sounds like they were happier with how they played midweek against Charlton than previous games, but need a striker (sound familiar). The main thing in our favour seems to be our poor record so far and a fear they'll be the ones to break it

Devon White
Promising
Promising

Post by Devon White » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:07 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:just been having a look at LTLP Forest Forum. They are quite confident judging by the result poll - 47% win, only 24% for a BW win. Sounds like they were happier with how they played midweek against Charlton than previous games, but need a striker (sound familiar). The main thing in our favour seems to be our poor record so far and a fear they'll be the ones to break it
In freedman we trust ! 2 - 0, madine and davies, supplied by silva and clough :)

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:37 am

Freedman Out!!!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:11 am

Hopefully Lennon will learn from the Forest away game where tactically he was all over the place and Freedman exploited that well.

Forest's main threat is Antonio (if he plays). If we play narrow and leave full backs unprotected against him we're in big, big trouble.

And Moxey has to have a pain killing injection to play. Mind that is still preferable to having Twardzik at left back ala Forest away last year....

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:32 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Hopefully Lennon will learn from the Forest away game where tactically he was all over the place and Freedman exploited that well.

Forest's main threat is Antonio (if he plays). If we play narrow and leave full backs unprotected against him we're in big, big trouble.

And Moxey has to have a pain killing injection to play. Mind that is still preferable to having Twardzik at left back ala Forest away last year....

he was left out of the squad midweek, and there is still talk of him moving away... it's certainly possible he won't be in the team...

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:59 pm

We can only hope he's out, Antonio tears us a new one every time, we just can't cope with his pace. Hopefully the boot will be in the other foot and Wellington will return the favour.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:01 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:We can only hope he's out, Antonio tears us a new one every time, we just can't cope with his pace. Hopefully the boot will be in the other foot and Wellington will return the favour.
We could have coped with his pace if we'd protected the full backs instead of leaving them totally exposed at Forest!

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:35 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Being a Dougie side they're going to be terrific without the ball and that concerns me. So long as we're terrific with it though - 2-1 win. Feeney & Danns
They'll run perfectly too.

I would bloody love to see Vela get on the score sheet. I'd pay the kid to run up toward Freedman and give him a sign of his affection.
Clough too... another young talent somehow missed out by Freedman's supposed keen eye for bringing players up from the academy...

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:43 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Being a Dougie side they're going to be terrific without the ball and that concerns me. So long as we're terrific with it though - 2-1 win. Feeney & Danns
I've not laughed this much in ages :D

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:49 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
I've not laughed this much in ages :D
Danns played well on Tuesday. Feeney got a few goals last season. Believe man!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:24 am

A bit excited for this one now.

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Post by Norpig » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:33 am

The return on Dougie the deluded, the return of Big Screen? and potentially our first goals of the season makes for a good day out in my book (yes I don't get out much!).

I am hoping Silva gives it some welly and makes DF looking green with envy, or Clough jinks round 4 players and slots the ball home making Mills look like a Sunday League player! It could happen, I am still hopeful which is unusual for me.

Lets get behind the team like we are capable of like we did in Riochs days especiially when we played Wolves in the play offs stands out and in recent times when we played Arsenal after the game to forget. We can do it COYWM the season Starts ere!!!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:44 am

Norpig wrote:The return on Dougie the deluded, the return of Big Screen? and potentially our first goals of the season makes for a good day out in my book (yes I don't get out much!).

I am hoping Silva gives it some welly and makes DF looking green with envy, or Clough jinks round 4 players and slots the ball home making Mills look like a Sunday League player! It could happen, I am still hopeful which is unusual for me.

Lets get behind the team like we are capable of like we did in Riochs days especiially when we played Wolves in the play offs stands out and in recent times when we played Arsenal after the game to forget. We can do it COYWM the season Starts ere!!!
Amen.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:47 am

Norpig wrote:The return on Dougie the deluded, the return of Big Screen? and potentially our first goals of the season makes for a good day out in my book (yes I don't get out much!).

rrrrrrroooooooooaaaaaaRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! :D COYW!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:07 am

stumbled across this site which publishes infographics to "make betting easier"!

from what I can gather - they think it's gonna be quite close... The only significant difference they seem to think there is is that we are more likely to score with our strikers and they are more likely to score from midfield... they reckon it's a close call either way! FWIW! (probably not much!)

there are a thousand more infographics about predicting this game on the tabs from this page...

http://www.kickoff.co.uk/matches/bolton ... 2-08-2015/

out of the last six of our home games against Forest - 5 have been draws - the other we won...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:27 am

What is score? :conf:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:30 am

Worthy4England wrote:What is score? :conf:
it's very clear..

the score is gonna be 48% of probably that but maybe 51% maybe of this taking into account 38% summat else compared with 42% contingency of 26% of a weighted 69% forecast of something else...

or in other words..

we're dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:33 am

:hang:
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:24 pm

It all comes down to the fact that Dougie Freedman returns to the place of his utmost incompetence today and I. Simply cannot countenance that dickwad leaving with a smile on his face.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".