A gentleman is simply a patient wolf. Wolves (H) 12/9

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Re: A gentleman is simply a patient wolf. Wolves (H) 12/9

Post by ChrisC » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:00 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:Good win and a much needed 3 points, a good solid 1st half - well taken goal from Feeney, although apart the 1st 10-15 mins he was yet again poor IMO

The usual lethargic start to the 2nd half as they stepped it up, but we had chances to finish them off but were again wasteful - I've given him a few games but Madine is poor, very poor his all round game is not championship standard and he has zero confidence in front of goal (this is being kind....)

Derek, M Davies and Moxey absolutely outstanding - excellent performances, on the other hand Danns & Madine were shockingly poor, and Vela needs a rocket up his arse as I thought he had a can't be arsed, sulky look about him.

If we would have had Le Fondre up front instead of Madine we would have won that by 3 or 4.
Spot on this PT.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:09 pm

Great win. Thought the entire back four were superb. Prince saved us several times as did Derik. I thought Derik was struggling early second half but he regained composure.

Full backs are a revelation. Moxey showing how terrible a defender Ream was.

Anyone who moans at Danns only needs to see the difference when he went off. We were wide open in midfield. Vela to me well below what is required at this level.

Mark Davies outstanding. As was Silva for most of the time. Sometimes he just tries to beat too many players. How Wolves didn't have a fair few yellow cards is beyond me.

Madine isn't very good. He's a shitter version of Craig Davies and less effective at holding the ball up to boot. And dare I say it at times a bit lazy.

Find a striker and another midfield player and we'd be going places. We need a striker who can lead he line and get a few which is the problem, not many about.

However a great game to win and Wolves really don't look anything special. Neither did their strikers either to be fair!

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:16 pm

Thanks for the synopsis PT and Insane.

Really impressed with NL's signings. Really hope we can make Prince permanent. Amos could arguably be the best goalie in the division, I can't think of anyone I would swap him for in the Championship (perhaps Marshall from Cardiff).

I think we are an ALF away from a being a real force in this division.

Did Clough take his penalty well?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:18 pm

But wait a second ... "another midfielder" ?

I can get that Vela seems off the pace. But he's not been played. Add that to, whatever their long-term futures, we currently have Spearing and Medo in the squad and until one or both go why would anyone sanction a new one ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:21 pm

bobo the clown wrote:But wait a second ... "another midfielder" ?

I can get that Vela seems off the pace. But he's not been played. Add that to, whatever their long-term futures, we currently have Spearing and Medo in the squad and until one or both go why would anyone sanction a new one ?
We have a lot of the same sort. I'd like a central midfield player who breaks into the box. A physical one who can score a few if possible.

Obviously it won't happen because we have no money and as you say lots of numbers. But I keep looking at the midfield and seeing nobody going beyond the striker.

Ideal world and all.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:22 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Great win. Thought the entire back four were superb. Prince saved us several times as did Derik. I thought Derik was struggling early second half but he regained composure.

Anyone who moans at Danns only needs to see the difference when he went off. We were wide open in midfield. Vela to me well below what is required at this level.

Mark Davies outstanding. As was Silva for most of the time. Sometimes he just tries to beat too many players. How Wolves didn't have a fair few yellow cards is beyond me.

Madine isn't very good. He's a shitter version of Craig Davies and less effective at holding the ball up to boot. And dare I say it at times a bit lazy.

Find a striker and another midfield player and we'd be going places. We need a striker who can lead he line and get a few which is the problem, not many about.

However a great game to win and Wolves really don't look anything special. Neither did their strikers either to be fair!

Good to hear, I thought I was the only one who rated him! Dannsey has a bit of everything at this level! he's a tenacious little shit.
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:22 pm

enrdentw wrote:Thanks for the synopsis PT and Insane.

Really impressed with NL's signings. Really hope we can make Prince permanent. Amos could arguably be the best goalie in the division, I can't think of anyone I would swap him for in the Championship (perhaps Marshall from Cardiff).

Placed it bottom right. Nice and confident. He needs to take them all from now on.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:24 pm

ChrisC wrote:

Placed it bottom right. Nice and confident. He needs to take them all from now on.

I'd wager Madine didn't argue!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:30 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

We have a lot of the same sort. I'd like a central midfield player who breaks into the box. A physical one who can score a few if possible

Ideal world and all.
D Pratz
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:43 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

We have a lot of the same sort. I'd like a central midfield player who breaks into the box. A physical one who can score a few if possible

Ideal world and all.
D Pratz
Yep. But we are missing him and have nobody else of that ilk.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:45 pm

Insano says he wasn't very good, though...

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:46 pm

Didn't know that when taking a penalty one of your players can be inside the box, in front of the ref and about level with the ball when it's taken! Their pen should have been retaken for gross encroachment.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:46 pm

I know it's not the done thing, especially on the back of a rare win, but I really had to question Lenny's judgement in the 2nd half. Madine was having an absolute fecking shocker - no two ways about it, he was dreadful. It was actually cruel that at half time they displayed his stats. Touches 16, passes 12, pass completion 20% That was all. Headers won - not a fecking one. In the 2nd half he was equally as poor and not only me, but a good few around me were all saying "Get Madine off and get Heskey on". Then it got worse. A frustrated Madine earned himself a booking with the most ludicrous lunge I've seen in a while. Then, not happy at that he then goes on to clatter another Wolves player over on the touchline for which the ref had one final word with him.
Heskey gets stripped and it has to be Madine going off. He's having an absolute shocker and is a red card waiting to happen. And what does Lenny do? Takes Clough off instead. Madine then went on to make an absolute bollocks of the games two most clear-cut chances.
I know it's early, but Lenny's seeming stubbornness has one of my eyebrows raised.
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:47 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Ideal world and all.
D Pratz

just how bad is his injury? anyone know when he's expected back?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:51 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I know it's not the done thing, especially on the back of a rare win, but I really had to question Lenny's judgement in the 2nd half. Madine was having an absolute fecking shocker - no two ways about it, he was dreadful. It was actually cruel that at half time they displayed his stats. Touches 16, passes 12, pass completion 20% That was all. Headers won - not a fecking one. In the 2nd half he was equally as poor and not only me, but a good few around me were all saying "Get Madine off and get Heskey on". Then it got worse. A frustrated Madine earned himself a booking with the most ludicrous lunge I've seen in a while. Then, not happy at that he then goes on to clatter another Wolves player over on the touchline for which the ref had one final word with him.
Heskey gets stripped and it has to be Madine going off. He's having an absolute shocker and is a red card waiting to happen. And what does Lenny do? Takes Clough off instead. Madine then went on to make an absolute bollocks of the games two most clear-cut chances.
I know it's early, but Lenny's seeming stubbornness has one of my eyebrows raised.
Think he wanted two big lads up front to go direct. I have to say at the time I was certain Madine was coming off for the same reasons you stated.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:08 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Great win. Thought the entire back four were superb. Prince saved us several times as did Derik. I thought Derik was struggling early second half but he regained composure.

My thoughts, good summary that.
Pfffft.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:09 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I know it's not the done thing, especially on the back of a rare win, but I really had to question Lenny's judgement in the 2nd half. Madine was having an absolute fecking shocker - no two ways about it, he was dreadful. It was actually cruel that at half time they displayed his stats. Touches 16, passes 12, pass completion 20% That was all. Headers won - not a fecking one. In the 2nd half he was equally as poor and not only me, but a good few around me were all saying "Get Madine off and get Heskey on". Then it got worse. A frustrated Madine earned himself a booking with the most ludicrous lunge I've seen in a while. Then, not happy at that he then goes on to clatter another Wolves player over on the touchline for which the ref had one final word with him.
Agree with this Bruce, it was one of the worst centre forward performances that I can remember and it was indeed cruel to leave him on the pitch, he was totally out of his depth.

Even Ian Moores, Trevor Morgan etc where better than Madine in the 4th div days - however I don't think its particularly Lennon being stubborn, I just don't think he's that good tactically - he's a good manager and I like him but he's not he best tactically - saying that apart from the penalty Clough was once again not really involved, he should have substituted both Madine & Clough for Heskey & Dobbie IMO

Get Pratley in for Danns (ASAP) and get a striker in on loan and let Madine go and play for Chorley or Atherton Colls (because honestly that's his level) and we could move up this league - and someone also needs to have a word with young Vela, because he came on today and played like he couldn't give a feck, head down, half arsed with a shockingly poor attitude he can go with Madine for me and play in the conference, Vela is very over rated.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:11 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Agree with this Bruce, it was one of the worst centre forward performances that I can remember and it was indeed cruel to leave him on the pitch, he was totally out of his depth.

Even Ian Moores, Trevor Morgan etc where better than Madine in the 4th div days - however I don't think its particularly Lennon being stubborn, I just don't think he's that good tactically - he's a good manager and I like him but he's not he best tactically - saying that apart from the penalty Clough was once again not really involved, he should have substituted both Madine & Clough for Heskey & Dobbie IMO

Get Pratley in for Danns (ASAP) and get a striker in on loan and let Madine go and play for Chorley or Atherton Colls (because honestly that's his level) and we could move up this league - and someone also needs to have a word with young Vela, because he came on today and played like he couldn't give a feck, head down, half arsed with a shockingly poor attitude he can go with Madine for me and play in the conference, Vela is very over rated.
I think you have quickly forgotten just how lazy Marvin Sordell and Jermaine Beckford were in a Wanderers shirt. Madine tries, he's not very effective but he does try
Pfffft.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:24 pm

Not forgotten anything pal - I'm not saying Madine is lazy, but Madine is extremely poor and simply not good enough at this level IMO....

I'm not sure that 'trying' is a good enough reason to keep getting selected, what about ability ?

If anyone who went today can defend Madine's performance then I for one would like to hear it....everyone around me was laughing or shouting at how abysmal he was - and something else, he may be a bit of a hard man off the pitch (allegedly), but on it he's a pussy cat - no aggression, weak and he's easily bullied by opposition CB's

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:31 pm

jonnycooper wrote:16th!! We,ll be getting Vertigo soon... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Getting me what? :lol: