Mjallby Leaving?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Mjallby Leaving?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:47 pm

Nixon saying that Johan Mjallby is off ski. Not sure where though. Iles reporting club are saying 'hard to say' in response to question of whether he is leaving or not.

Sounds like something going on with it. Shame because he has sorted the back four out.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Mjallby Leaving?

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:08 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Nixon saying that Johan Mjallby is off ski. Not sure where though. Iles reporting club are saying 'hard to say' in response to question of whether he is leaving or not.

Sounds like something going on with it. Shame because he has sorted the back four out.
Well, under Lennon's staff the defence has looked good, then awful, then much better again this year. Although the manager has previously ascribed the defensive work to Mjallby (IIRC shortly before it all went to ratshit in late January), I guess we'll see when and if he goes how much of the credit was whose.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:51 pm

Leaving next week for "family reasons".

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:36 pm

If there's any sense, or indeed justice about the place, Iain Brunskill should get the job for my money.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:42 pm

Lennon said on Radio Manc that and announcement will be made on Monday regarding replacement assistant manager.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:05 pm

Alan Thompson?
Pfffft.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:31 pm

Nobby Nolan ?? YHIHF................ :oyea:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:01 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Alan Thompson?
Having left Blackpool when Lee Clark did, he's unemployed, but so's Yosser Hughes.

Tomo and Lennon were obviously close at Celtic till Lennon had to sack him - over the phone, as Tomo "refused to meet Neil" according to the Celtic press release. Not sure if they've got over that yet.

Worth noting, although it can sound a bit like splitting hairs, that Mjallby is the assistant manager, Parker the first-team coach (and when they were at Celtic Tomo was also a first-team coach). Somebody would need to be promoted to No.2 – and I wonder whether it might be worth going for someone a bit more experienced...

...but probably not Lennie Lawrence.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:35 pm

As I understood it, or heard it reported, Tomo was sacked after he had what might be described as too close a relationship with a bottle. I'm not sure if he's now well enough or not to take up a new role.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:28 am

Thomo was a coach at brum for a while which was one of Lennon's first away games iirc, remember him commenting at the time he was looking forward to seeing him so I don't think there's any animosity?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:50 am

So it's all about mates again rather than someone that's actually made a difference?

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:58 am

Enoch wrote:If there's any sense, or indeed justice about the place, Iain Brunskill should get the job for my money.
Enoch wrote:So it's all about mates again rather than someone that's actually made a difference?
Iain Brunskill has spent the vast majority of his career as a youth team coach, and it is an area where he appears to have had a lot of success. The number of youth players we have who are in and around the first team, and the recent senior cup triumph, suggests that we have also started to feel the benefit of his influence at that level. It might be better to keep him where he is.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:21 am

E^^ I'd agree. The same goes for David Lee.

Youth to Senior isn't necessarily a promotion. They're different skill sets.

I'm guessing it's someone Lenin knows. And I'm guessing it's someone he gets along with ... but that's some way from giving your fat brother-in-law the kit man job, or a contract to an old playing colleague because he's good for moral in the changing room or appearing to scout solely from your old club or mates you once trained with.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:57 am

Nicko58 wrote:The number of youth players we have who are in and around the first team, and the recent senior cup triumph, suggests that we have also started to feel the benefit of his influence at that level. It might be better to keep him where he is.
That couldn't possibly be anything to do with the efforts of Jamie Fullarton of course.
bobo the clown wrote:Youth to Senior isn't necessarily a promotion. They're different skill sets.
Undoubtedly there are differences, it didn't seem an issue when the first team squad were in Austria recently. There was only really one person doing any coaching over there.

And he wasn't Swedish.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:59 am

Enoch wrote: Undoubtedly there are differences, it didn't seem an issue when the first team squad were in Austria recently. There was only really one person doing any coaching over there.

And he wasn't Swedish.
I suspect he thought it was pretty pointless trying to do anything with Trotter :wink:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:05 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I suspect he thought it was pretty pointless trying to do anything with Trotter :wink:
Gave him a coat of French polish.

:wink:

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:13 am

Enoch wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:The number of youth players we have who are in and around the first team, and the recent senior cup triumph, suggests that we have also started to feel the benefit of his influence at that level. It might be better to keep him where he is.
That couldn't possibly be anything to do with the efforts of Jamie Fullarton of course.
Perhaps it is, but there were no youth players in the first team when John Henry was here either. Nor did many youngsters make the grade under the bloke that was in charge before him. Brunskill has a track record of success at youth level and it looks to be bearing fruit here for the first time in a long time.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:18 am

bobo the clown wrote:E^^ I'd agree. The same goes for David Lee.

I'm guessing it's someone Lenin knows. And I'm guessing it's someone he gets along with ... but that's some way from giving your fat brother-in-law the kit man job, or a contract to an old playing colleague because he's good for moral in the changing room or appearing to scout solely from your old club or mates you once trained with.
Assistant manager usually would be someone a manager knows they can work with. I don't think it would work too well just picking someone the manager doesn't know because there needs to be a relationship.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was Tomo tbh.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:05 pm

Enoch wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I suspect he thought it was pretty pointless trying to do anything with Trotter :wink:
Gave him a coat of French polish.

:wink:
Ahhhh, I get it. Make folk think he's foreign and hope Wenger comes in for him :)

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:E^^ I'd agree. The same goes for David Lee.

Assistant manager usually would be someone a manager knows they can work with. I don't think it would work too well just picking someone the manager doesn't know because there needs to be a relationship.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was Tomo tbh.
I reckon it's Garry Parker and Nobby is coming in as a player coach
Pfffft.