What a hoot - Sheff Wed (H) 15/09/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What a hoot - Sheff Wed (H) 15/09/15

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:33 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:If Lennon has any sense he will be on the phone to Nolan tonight and asking him what he wants. Now Clough is out we can put Nolan in behind a striker. God knows we need to find some goals and I think we need more than one player capable of hitting he net regularly.
One would be a start...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:35 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Zach Clough out long term according to Iles who has just spoken to Lennon. Might need surgery. Sounds bad.
:shock: oh dear.
Sad but no surprise. He's a little boy basically. Hope it's not too bad.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:38 pm

Just back. What a load of shite that was!

Who drugged the team? Couldn't find a man for nout!

Amos was tremendous and is a real asset for us. To come out of a game like that with anything is a miracle. Wednesday could have had 3 or 4 early doors.

They reminded me a lot of ourselves. Decent enough on the break but have a useless lump up top and can't score.

The defence did well after the early battering. Davies and Danns busy. Feeney USELESS!! Silva did well but not enough end result. Madine needs binning.. If he can't get up for a game against his former club he has problems.

Didn't look good for Clough.. I sit right near Lennon and Clough was shaking his head to Lennon saying something like its gone again, I can't lift it. Wasn't he out last season with a shoulder problem?

Might do him some good having the spotlight off him. We did well when Dobbie come on. Gave us some urgency.

Overall.. Let's rub that game out and forget about it. Home record goes on which is a positive.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:58 pm

Should have been four down within the first ten minutes. Rallied somewhat but Wednesday always looked more likely except for short periods. Bannan a key figure for them, as I thought he might be.

Suspected Clough might be out long term. Knew it was his shoulder again but he seemed to have movement in it as he left the pitch.

Very happy to come away with a point but its a travesty.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:01 pm

clapton is god wrote: Suspected Clough might be out long term. Knew it was his shoulder again but he seemed to have movement in it as he left the pitch.
Expected to be out for months according to NL. It's the other shoulder this time.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:02 pm

@OfficialBWFC: NL: "We're expecting to lose @ZachClough for a few months. It seems his other shoulder has popped out and that could require surgery." #BWFC

Although the club Twitter had him "limping" off.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:06 pm

Right. I've done two match threads this season; both ended 0-0. Can someone else do Uddersfield? Bruce perhaps? You're on 100% win rate.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:12 pm

We were very lucky early on in the first half not to be a couple of goals down, but regained a bit more composure after. Amos was excellent, MOM for me. Madine just hasn't got enough about him for me and when Heskey came on for him, with Heskey's first touch of the ball he had already done more than madine had done!

We need more pace in the team or the team need to get a bit pacier, even those aging ballroom dancers at half time were faster than our players, it was so pedestrian at times.
Ah well, a point's better than nothing I suppose

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:14 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:@OfficialBWFC: NL: "We're expecting to lose @ZachClough for a few months. It seems his other shoulder has popped out and that could require surgery." #BWFC

Although the club Twitter had him "limping" off.
Looked like his shoulder to me

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:44 pm

twilight wrote:
We need more pace in the team or the team need to get a bit pacier, even those aging ballroom dancers at half time were faster than our players

:lol: :oyea: :oyea: Guess who was one of those ageing ballroom dancers...?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:44 pm

Oh FFS.

Cursed.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:46 pm

And no Radio Tango just so you could piss about dancing ?! What do you think it is, your birthday?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:49 pm

Prufrock wrote:And no Radio Tango just so you could piss about dancing ?! What do you think it is, your birthday?
:lol:

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:51 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
twilight wrote:
We need more pace in the team or the team need to get a bit pacier, even those aging ballroom dancers at half time were faster than our players

RESPECT Tango :pray: ! :)

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:01 am

twilight wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
twilight wrote:

FFS! If I'd known I'd have struck up a Tango chant. Instead I used my beer token and ranted at BP. fair play though, kept that under your hat. How was it?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:07 am

LeverEnd wrote:
twilight wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
twilight wrote:

FFS! If I'd known I'd have struck up a Tango chant. Instead I used my beer token and ranted at BP. fair play though, kept that under your hat. How was it?
We had to keep it quiet till it happened, but it was an absolutely brilliant once-in-a- lifetime experience. Organised by the BBC we trained for a couple of weeks to try to get everybody doing sequence. Got a few butterflies when we appeared, but the crowd were amazing. It'll be on BBC2 sometime in January.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:55 am

I bloody knew one of them was you! I looked up and down the line but couldn't place you, but I did tell my mate I suspected you were down there. Well done, it looked fun but they didn't half make you wait for your big moment.

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:11 am

Well looks like Clough's career will be plagued by shoulder injuries now. At least it's not a knee for once :conf:

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:55 am

Why do we only have talented players who are also mega injury proned? We were in a relegation battle WITH Clough. Looking very grin now. What is the lowest number of goals by a team over an entire season?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:31 am

I thought it was a decent performance up until the final third (especially 2nd half) and a decent point against a decent Sheff Weds side - but we are utterly toothless in front of goal (its a very sorry state when we have Madine & Heskey as our 2 main CF's and its no wonder we can't score !) - we also could have been 2 or 3 down at half time - again the 2 CB (Derik & Prince) excellent and Danns had his best game for a while, but IMO yet again Feeney was bloody awful - I'm still shocked that anyone with a football brain rates Feeney

Madine just never looks like he knows where the goal is & he will be lucky to score 5 goals this season let alone 10, he is not championship standard and to be honest he's nowhere near the standard we need to improve us. If we don't bring a goal scorer in urgently IMO we can kiss goodbye to this season already, because we will be in around 14-19 all season - which is a pity because we are much better defensively and are passing the ball much better and I like Silva.

I also agree with BWFCI in regards to Nolan, now that Clough is out again (which could be a blessing in disguise IMO) - we should be trying to tempt him to join us urgently on a low wage but large play off / promotion bonus basis.