No'neills - QPR (A) 3/10/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: No'neills - QPR (A) 3/10/15

Post by Hoboh » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Neil Lennon isn't terrible but the only way we get out of this without investment is with an excellent manager and so far Lennon seems far from that.

For average managers this is an incredibly hard job. Freedman found it out and now Lennon is. The worry is neither Freedman or Lennon have real experience of managing in this situation and for me we lack some real know how and experience managerially and have done since Megson went.

Obviously this will be unpopular but we probably would have been best to stick with Megson. Yes we might have gone down at some point but that was inevitable when Eddie stopped spending anyway. Megson had the best chance of having a group together and organising them to come straight back up. He'd done it before and had experience of managing clubs in difficult situations. Clubs with decent expectations too.

Water under the bridge but we howled at drawing home games at the bottom end of the premiership. Being 2-0 up and conceding 2 against Hull seemed the end of the world then. Now that would be virtual heaven.
Thanks for proving it true BWFCi,

Form is temporary, class is permanent :mrgreen:

Well you were off form, until this little classic. 8)

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:05 pm

Marc Iles was pretty scathing about the ref in the paper today. The geezer who writes the fan's view column said he thought we scored a legit fourth.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:45 pm

Jugs wrote:Marc Iles was pretty scathing about the ref in the paper today. The geezer who writes the fan's view column said he thought we scored a legit fourth.
TonyDomingos wrote:NL's talking out of his @rse on this.
.... and Mr Iles is blowing smoke up it.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:The worry is neither Freedman or Lennon have real experience of managing in this situation
Is that the same Freedman that took over a side that were bottom of the Championship and left them a couple of years later at the top, that Freedman?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:we probably would have been best to stick with Megson.
That was just good fortune wasn't it. You didn't really mean to say something sensible did you?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:07 pm

Enoch wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:The worry is neither Freedman or Lennon have real experience of managing in this situation
Is that the same Freedman that took over a side that were bottom of the Championship and left them a couple of years later at the top, that Freedman?
It wasn't the same though. Working at his 'home' club with low expectations. The pressure wasnt the same.

In my view we needed a wily operator who'd been there and done it at that stage. But then hindsight is easy. I wouldn't at the time have been hugely keen on Mick McCarthy but he was probably exactly what we needed. Lennon himself admits he's finding his feet in this league and sadly whilst I think he has passion that might not be enough.

Hope it is because like I say no point in sackings now we are beyond that point.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:13 pm

Jugs wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
jonnycooper wrote:Just back from my holibags and was chatting to a Celtic fan out there..His attitude was(thank feck Lennons your problem now)and not ours! He really didn't rate him at all,hope he was wrong mind!
Fatshaft from off here was equally adamant he was not the best choice. (That was the start of my doubts).
IIRC Fatty's concerns were more to do with the fact that Lennon had disrespected Aberdeen fans, rather than anything to do with his ability.
You're not wrong and I'm not Fatshaft so I won't claim to speak for him, I'm just stating the fact that I was alerted early on to the possibility that Mr Lennon was perhaps not a wise choice, whatever the qualifying reasons were. I've not started to boil the pitch and I'm right out of bed sheets at the moment, plus my hound isn't a paid up member of the baying club, yet.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:06 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Working at his 'home' club with low expectations. The pressure wasnt the same.
Not that it matters, but just out of interest, have you got the interview where Steve Parish said he had low expectations?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:49 pm

Look I'm depressed enough without the mad one reminding me of Megson.

FFS stop it now!!! :evil:

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:46 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jugs wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
jonnycooper wrote:Just back from my holibags and was chatting to a Celtic fan out there..His attitude was(thank feck Lennons your problem now)and not ours! He really didn't rate him at all,hope he was wrong mind!
Fatshaft from off here was equally adamant he was not the best choice. (That was the start of my doubts).
IIRC Fatty's concerns were more to do with the fact that Lennon had disrespected Aberdeen fans, rather than anything to do with his ability.
You're not wrong and I'm not Fatshaft so I won't claim to speak for him, I'm just stating the fact that I was alerted early on to the possibility that Mr Lennon was perhaps not a wise choice, whatever the qualifying reasons were. I've not started to boil the pitch and I'm right out of bed sheets at the moment, plus my hound isn't a paid up member of the baying club, yet.
Maybe O Fat One was some sort of prophet who was right, and maybe he'll return when Lennon's time is up. I concur with you that my hound isn't a paid-up member of the baying club yet. I can only hope Lennon turns it around.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:53 am

I strongly suspect Fatshaft's dislike of Lennon was more emotional than intellectual. Aberdeen fans have a long(horn) beef with the Old Firm.

He also unquestioningly adored Mr Alex Ferguson and wouldn't stand anybody saying otherwise. I can understand feeling that way if I were Aberdonian.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:21 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I strongly suspect Fatshaft's dislike of Lennon was more emotional than intellectual. Aberdeen fans have a long(horn) beef with the Old Firm.

He also unquestioningly adored Mr Alex Ferguson and wouldn't stand anybody saying otherwise. I can understand feeling that way if I were Aberdonian.
It's strange how folks (and I'm as guilty as anyone) follow a team for emotional reasons yet spend the majority of the time (when not watching the game) arguing about/analysing/and generally coming to conclusions on the intellectual side of the fence. Funny fxckrs, fans.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:40 pm

Lennon charged as expected for his 'bias' comments. TW London fans called for the prosecution!
I saw that ref at Rotherham last season, he was fecking dreadful. I wonder if Lennon was heavily prejudiced by that and overstated it on Saturday?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:00 pm

Unsurprisingly charged by the FA

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:39 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Lennon charged as expected for his 'bias' comments. TW London fans called for the prosecution!
I saw that ref at Rotherham last season, he was fecking dreadful. I wonder if Lennon was heavily prejudiced by that and overstated it on Saturday?

can we not get in that lip reading translator who managed to get mourinho off ?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:54 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Lennon charged as expected for his 'bias' comments. TW London fans called for the prosecution!

They'd have ajob spinning 'biased' into something else, even in nornirish!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:55 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:
Maybe he'd get away with it if the ref were a woman.

As soon as the comments were aired, someone on here rightly noted that Lennon had talked himself into trouble. I'm not saying he did it on purpose as a "Gosh I'm angry" publicity stunt – he is evidently a genuinely passionate man – but he wouldn't be the first if so.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:04 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
StaffsTrotter wrote:
They'd have ajob spinning 'biased' into something else, even in nornirish!
"based", perhaps?

"The ref was obviously based. At RAF Waddington, where he is a sergeant."

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:36 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
"The ref was obviously based. At RAF Waddington, where he is a Major...... A Major c*nt"
:)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:46 pm

Bee-arsed, as in he's got a sting in his tail.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください