No'neills - QPR (A) 3/10/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: No'neills - QPR (A) 3/10/15

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:46 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
thebish wrote:ok - ticket bought - I'm in!
Anyone know for certain if it's pay-on-the-day? With no price hike?
dunno... they seem to have gold or silver tickets... silver being £27, gold being £35

I bought a silver one with the hope that it means it is restricted viewing - as in totally blocked by a pillar! :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:47 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
On th'offish it says that they're on open sale but no mention of pay on the day.

I wouldn't have thought so though as it's only a tiddy ground.

(And your thread title is growing on me :D )
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:21 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:it's only a tiddy ground.
Capacity's 18,439, but I wouldn't say they need much more. Their attendances this season:
Blackburn 14,007
Forest 15,424
Rotherham 15,009 (on "Stan Bowles Day")
Cardiff 14,927

ISTR when we played there last (didn't some loser called Jutkiewicz come on as a sub?) they were top of the league, still advertising tickets for the coming Saturday's home game with second-placed Burnley.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:25 pm

As well as losing Austin, they've also lost Jamie Mackie to injury. I'm not sure they've got any first-team replacements?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:30 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:it's only a tiddy ground.
Capacity's 18,439, but I wouldn't say they need much more. Their attendances this season:
Blackburn 14,007
Forest 15,424
Rotherham 15,009 (on "Stan Bowles Day")
Cardiff 14,927

ISTR when we played there last (didn't some loser called Jutkiewicz come on as a sub?) they were top of the league, still advertising tickets for the coming Saturday's home game with second-placed Burnley.
Blimey. I didn't realise that they were getting so few on. 11.2K agin Huddersfield. I thought that they were after moving at one point?!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:36 pm

That were at Huddersfield, love. But they seem to have a base following of roughly 13-14k - not dissimilar to us - in the second tier. Don't know if they sold out in the top flight, except against the bigguns and local rivals.

They want to move but that'll be about boxes etc - and perhaps becoming a rival to Fulham as the easy game for London visitors to attend. Put it this way: if they stay in this division and move (as planned) to a 40,000-seat job, it'll echo.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:07 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:
On th'offish it says that they're on open sale but no mention of pay on the day.

I wouldn't have thought so though as it's only a tiddy ground.

(And your thread title is growing on me :D )
So do warts.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:43 pm

Here you go - Bolton Wanderers FC ‏@OfficialBWFC 2h2 hours ago
UPDATE: There will be no pay on the day facility for Saturday's game v @QPRFC.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:49 pm

Shame - think that'll have an impact on the general London contingent attendance.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:59 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Here you go - Bolton Wanderers FC ‏@OfficialBWFC 2h2 hours ago
Oh feck. I'd been relying on paying on the day. We've been given over 1,200 tickets and I'd be surprised if we'd sold more than 700-800. :evil:
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:26 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Here you go - Bolton Wanderers FC ‏@OfficialBWFC 2h2 hours ago
Oh feck. I'd been relying on paying on the day. We've been given over 1,200 tickets and I'd be surprised if we'd sold more than 700-800. :evil:
Well, might they not have picked, say, Tuesday to announce this? Maybe give Lodiniums that chance to get tickets posted down?

That said, I don't know if you can order one for collection at the ground. I tried that for an away game once - I literally had to drive past Molineux on my way home. Suffice to say I ended up listening to the game on the radio - in my house - in Bolton. :hang:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:10 pm

I picked up tickets at Hillsborough last year and they were extremely helpful after our lot cocked up. Our ticket office rang them and they printed them there. This involves ringing our ticket office though, if you dare.

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:46 pm

LeverEnd wrote:I picked up tickets at Hillsborough last year and they were extremely helpful after our lot cocked up. Our ticket office rang them and they printed them there. This involves ringing our ticket office though, if you dare.
I had problems at Hilsborough too in 2014. Had a ticket sorted by our lot beforehand and rocked up to the ground knowing feck all about the system over there. Dunno who's fault it was, but after speaking to a few people a nice bloke helped me out and didn't end up coming all the way from Australia for no reason.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:
Well, might they not have picked, say, Tuesday to announce this? Maybe give Lodiniums that chance to get tickets posted down?

That said, I don't know if you can order one for collection at the ground. I tried that for an away game once - I literally had to drive past Molineux on my way home. Suffice to say I ended up listening to the game on the radio - in my house - in Bolton. :hang:
I'm sure i remember a similar situation of ordering tickets for an away game, them not turning up and then being able to get a ticket at the gate. Can't for the life of me remember where though. But i've definitely done that successfully before if people wish to try that route.

Might have been QPR actually?
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:27 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:

I'm sure i remember a similar situation of ordering tickets for an away game, them not turning up and then being able to get a ticket at the gate. Can't for the life of me remember where though. But i've definitely done that successfully before if people wish to try that route.

Might have been QPR actually?

A certain forum member once rocked up at Craven Cottage and said he'd lost his tickets only to be issued with new ones. Without charge. You could try that.....

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:32 pm

If you order them when there's no longer time for them to post them most clubs will have them to collect at the ground. QPR did that last time.

Chelsea don't do it though, coz they're arseholes.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:29 pm

LeverEnd wrote:I picked up tickets at Hillsborough last year and they were extremely helpful after our lot cocked up. Our ticket office rang them and they printed them there. This involves ringing our ticket office though, if you dare.

I've had tickets sent down on the coach before... worked fairly easily..

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:31 pm

Enfield wrote: A certain forum member once rocked up at Craven Cottage and said he'd lost his tickets only to be issued with new ones. Without charge. You could try that.....

aye - he turned up with nobbut a bird on his arm and a twinkle in his eye - and blagged two tickets!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:30 pm

thebish wrote:
Enfield wrote:A certain forum member once rocked up at Craven Cottage and said he'd lost his tickets only to be issued with new ones. Without charge. You could try that.....
aye - he turned up with nobbut a bird on his arm and a twinkle in his eye - and blagged two tickets!
... & she was farrrrrrrr prettier than quite a few of us AND worked for the Premier League. Plus he has a particular charm which barely half of us have.

But, nonetheless, it was a stunning moment of football associated mystery.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:31 pm