Bedsheets, Pitchforks and colours nailed etc.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Bedsheets, Pitchforks and colours nailed etc.

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:01 pm

Norpig wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Norpig wrote:I am confused what Bolton Fans as a body want?
Maybe we don't all want the same thing. Maybe some don't know what they want. But I'm sure we all want it to improve. Even the professional grumblers who only appear when the team's doing badly.

Said before, several times: I hope Lennon can turn it round. I think the majority do. Doesn't mean the situation can't be discussed.
The Body of Bolton, especially away want one thing. The trouble is the Body is like the Borg, composed of disparate bits scavenged from all over the universe and when each of those bits get to thinking, well, different conclusions can be drawn. Personally, I'm kind of disappointed with the Borg queens (Eddie'n'Gartside) for not making clear at the very start that when Lennon was incorporated into the Body that he was at risk of summary rejection if he didn't lead us on to Earth invasion ( or at least mid table status). And this bit of the Bolton Body fears further disintegration if he isn't unassimilated quickly.
Tonight will either confirm my fears or dent them considerably...
Thanks for clearing that up I will sleep tonight!
Well at the moment I'm having nightmares. As I said, different bits of the Body and all that...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:20 am

Armchair Wanderer wrote:Obviously we're losing but what's the football like to watch this season?
You answered your own question
Sto ut Serviam

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:25 am

And while I'm at it, to the clown who said Freedman inherited Prem players, lets look at Coyles last game

01 Bogdan
02 Mears
04 Mills
12 Knight
15 Warnock
07 Eagles Booked
08 Andrews Booked (Pratley - 79' Booked )
16 M Davies Booked
20 Spearing (Lee - 90' )
09 Ngog (Afobe - 70' )
14 K Davies

Substitutes

24 Lonergan
05 Ream
18 Ricketts
21 Pratley
27 Lee
17 Afobe
19 Sordell

How many Premier League games have that lot played since Coyle managed to relegate us?

I bet its countable on one hand

What a c*** and yet hes still defended
Sto ut Serviam

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:06 am

Norpig wrote:OK so now you are all annoying me and I have a moment sapre at work so I am going throw in my pennysworth for what it is worth.

When lennon took over only 12 months ago everybody seemed to think (not just Gartside) that it was a good appointment, hindsight is always going to be clearer that at the moment. !
Hello? Me, me here, me told you, the guy is a flaming clueless arse. :hang:

But hey, "give him a chance", etc, and comments got deleted.

Bolton are where Bolton would be expected to be when you have a guy managing who couldn't handle the pressure of being clear at the top, there's no chance now he's in a relegation battle.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:13 am

thebish wrote:^ apart from spotty, hardly anyone is suggesting we NOT give Lenny more time! chill! :-)
Not quite just me then.

(and in a long delayed reply to DSB (if you remember), and not just his comments about Aberdeen as I gather from the above either)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:16 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:And while I'm at it, to the clown who said Freedman inherited Prem players, lets look at Coyles last game

01 Bogdan
02 Mears
04 Mills
12 Knight
15 Warnock
07 Eagles Booked
08 Andrews Booked (Pratley - 79' Booked )
16 M Davies Booked
20 Spearing (Lee - 90' )
09 Ngog (Afobe - 70' )
14 K Davies

Substitutes

24 Lonergan
05 Ream
18 Ricketts
21 Pratley
27 Lee
17 Afobe
19 Sordell

How many Premier League games have that lot played since Coyle managed to relegate us?

I bet its countable on one hand

What a c*** and yet hes still defended
And a wage bill, I believe - maybe Worthy can check - of 60 million quid
Sto ut Serviam

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:44 am

2010/11 was £56m - I think it was shaved marginally the season after - but still around £55m. It was mid-table Prem salary levels. Coyle was a fcking nightmare - shunted what was a mid/lower-mid table Prem squad in favour of two players in each position that were barely Championship standard.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:17 am

:conf:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:49 am

Worthy4England wrote:2010/11 was £56m - I think it was shaved marginally the season after - but still around £55m. It was mid-table Prem salary levels. Coyle was a fcking nightmare - shunted what was a mid/lower-mid table Prem squad in favour of two players in each position that were barely Championship standard.
I might have used language that upset people in describing Coyle's effect on the club as I saw it during that last premiership season. But the effect has been exactly as I said.

He was a disaster. The single worst thing to happen to this football club since the Rioch recovery. It wasn't just the relegation it was the money spent assembling a side that didn't even have a core of solid championship level players to call on. On a premiership budget.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:44 pm

NL in the BN. Interesting.
[The squad must be bolstered] Otherwise we could get cast adrift and it will be a long season. But I do think there is plenty of football to be played.

I don’t know how much [budget] I have got – whether that’s from the owner or the chairman. We have talked about players and are endeavouring to bring one in. It’s been like that for the last couple of weeks.

I speak to the chairman every day so it’s not like he’s not taking calls or shying away from anything. We are working away to bring players in, and that’s the truth.

We have to change it – whether that’s personnel in the squad or by bringing people in.

It’s possible, we’re working away at it, but if we can’t afford players then we can’t afford them, that’s the reality. I don’t want to bang on about that – it might just be the reality of it – but the players we have must do better at home.

Obviously I carry the can and the responsibility for the performances but some players have to do better under the pressure.

I’m unhappy – and I can’t keep thanking the fans, going to them and asking for patience because it’s a results-driven business. I understand that.

The performance against Birmingham was short of what I have been used to, and how we’ve been performing for a while, so it’s a setback.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:02 pm

Well we're back to last days of Freedman.

"Squad I've assembled isn't good enough", despite Lennon saying early on to fans that he thought we could push the top 6.

His assessment of players has to be hugely questioned. Madine is a stinker. He's signed what seem like fairly decent defenders, but overloaded on them when we clearly had problems to address elsewhere. Heskey and Dobbie are collectively wasting resources. I'm far from convinced Silva is the answer to anything other than "how can we find someone who flatters to deceive".

And he's basically gone from saying we're an under performing group who should do much better to deciding now that we're not good enough. It is the same thing Freedman did, the interview that got him sacked. My issue is not that Lennon should be dealt the same hand, but more one of questioning judgement. If he had said all along we lacked quality then I could happily say he got it right. But to change tune when results don't bear out, suggests a lack of judgement or just blind panic.
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:10 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:NL in the BN. Interesting.
He does that weird football manager speak very similar to what Freedman sounded like, and it manages to confuse the hell out of me. Take that last sentence for example:
The performance against Birmingham was short of what I have been used to, and how we’ve been performing for a while, so it’s a setback.
The first part is dead easy: The performance against Birmingham was short of what I have been used to. [that specific performance was 'short']
and then he complicates it, by adding the 'and how we’ve been performing for a while' does he mean either
a) the performance against Birmingham and (furthermore) how we've been performing for a while is 'short'
or b) the performance against Birmingham was 'short' and is opposite to how we've been performing for awhile.?
Which then begs the question of is the setback merely the performance relating to the Birmingham game, or is the setback the general malaise of how we've been performing for a while which is 'short' to what he has been used to?

It can be interpreted either way. :conf:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:47 pm

[The squad must be bolstered] Otherwise we could get cast adrift and it will be a long season. But I do think there is plenty of football to be played.

I don’t know how much [budget] I have got – whether that’s from the owner or the chairman. We have talked about players and are endeavouring to bring one in. It’s been like that for the last couple of weeks.

I speak to the chairman every day so it’s not like he’s not taking calls or shying away from anything. We are working away to bring players in, and that’s the truth.

We have to change it – whether that’s personnel in the squad or by bringing people in.

OR... here's the thing - the thing I hoped you might be capable of... just this - you could take what you've got and drill them/coach them/inspire them so that you get more out of them.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:03 pm

I think he's been drinking.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Worthy4England wrote:I think he's been drinking.
Neil, or the bish?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:19 pm

I wish I'd been drinking....

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:23 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
I wish I'd been drinking....
I have, :pissed: , it don't make it any better. ( yet ).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Adam Bwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Adam Bwfc » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:10 pm

Norpig wrote:OK so now you are all annoying me and I have a moment sapre at work so I am going throw in my pennysworth for what it is worth.

I think he has done a good job over the last 12 months
We are sitting bottom of the league with 1 win in 17 games, how is that doing a good job?

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:46 pm

Hearing rooms he has been given the boot...

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:51 pm

thebish wrote:

OR... here's the thing - the thing I hoped you might be capable of... just this - you could take what you've got and drill them/coach them/inspire them so that you get more out of them.
When he's done that send him round ours I've got some Turds need polishing and a Porcine disguise kit consisting of a Large amount of Lipstick...
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham