Bedsheets, Pitchforks and colours nailed etc.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Bedsheets, Pitchforks and colours nailed etc.

Post by thebish » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:13 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:According to C5's footie show last night, NL answered a question as to whether he was the right man to get us out of this with "Possibly nit". Interesting if true.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35084988

we have to treat it like a cup tie - he says - after we have just been reminded that our last cup tie we lost to Burton Albion...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:08 pm

In my view Lennon gave up a few games into the season. I don't see any fight or passion in him.

His win percentage must be around the lowest of any permanent Bolton manager ever.

He's not getting away with this in my eyes. He's been incredibly poor here and his total lack of experience shines through.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:17 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:In my view Lennon gave up a few games into the season. I don't see any fight or passion in him.

His win percentage must be around the lowest of any permanent Bolton manager ever.

He's not getting away with this in my eyes. He's been incredibly poor here and his total lack of experience shines through.
as I have said before - more than once - he's out of his depth... he needs a long time to settle (which he will probably eventually do)... he was probably as good as we could have expected at the time - i don't blame the club for his appointment - it could have worked - it didn't... I'd like to think that more time would help him at Bolton - I suspect that if he is giving up - then it won't... and I am a bit cross with him that he seems to have given up without much of a fight..

there are managers who might well have turned this whole situation into a kind of positive - a backs against the wall fight against all the odds.. it COULD have been used as a galvanising and motivating opportunity.. he missed it...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:In my view Lennon gave up a few games into the season. I don't see any fight or passion in him.

I think he has given up. He stayed seated for the 3 mins of injury time after the 90. There was no urgency from the players, I looked for him and he wasn't there. The fans were still singing. Sad state of affairs.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:19 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
I think he has given up. He stayed seated for the 3 mins of injury time after the 90. There was no urgency from the players, I looked for him and he wasn't there. The fans were still singing. Sad state of affairs.
That was made very plain on Sky Sports News. The fans who went and sang for the club they love can be proud.

claus jensens guitar
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by claus jensens guitar » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:His win percentage must be around the lowest of any permanent Bolton manager ever.
That may depend on how you define permanent. At 23% NL is not as low as the Sammy Lee (21%) or Roy McFarland (18%)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:32 pm

claus jensens guitar wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:His win percentage must be around the lowest of any permanent Bolton manager ever.
That may depend on how you define permanent. At 23% NL is not as low as the Sammy Lee (21%) or Roy McFarland (18%)
There's time, yet. :-)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:45 pm

claus jensens guitar wrote:
And what happened to those two...

Was thinking last night about what was happening 20 years ago. We'd had the real McFarland nadir, the 0-3 home reverse to West Ham at which the fans really turned against him (prompting Hammergaffer Redknapp to call Bolton fans "evil" and "the worst in football", so f*ck him forever more). Then we'd lost at Stamford Bridge (despite Curcic wondergoal) and The Dell, been held at home by Forest (Colin f*cking Cooper and his injury-time equaliser) and lost at home to Liverpool. Bottom of the table and five points adrift of safety - just like now...

A reminder that once we'd sacked McFarland and appointed Porterfield as Todd's assistant, our form in the second half of that debut Premier League season was midtable. Sometimes, change helps.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:49 pm

To be fair to McFarland that team was never going to stay up in a million years.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:11 pm

If only to beat spotty to it! But fck me......anyone got that Mike Basset's number??

I know it's Christmas, but bed sheet has been removed, paint retrieved from shed. Pitchfork being sharpened.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:26 pm

There's a huge amount wrong here right now & I'm not sure anyone could do a GOOD job and we do have to make do & mend with players. I can forgive most things but not spinelessness. We are most certainly that now.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:42 pm

Lennon is a joke. He has made our club an even bigger joke.

He is the worst manager we've suffered with for a long time. Things are very difficult. But any manager with anything about them would have used the situation to galvanise some sort of response out of the players.

Today was a group of players and management team going through the motions. It is as bad as anything I have ever seen.

We are now stuck with this joker until we can afford to sack him. Hopeless and miserable.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:30 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Lennon is a joke. He has made our club an even bigger joke.

He is the worst manager we've suffered with for a long time. Things are very difficult. But any manager with anything about them would have used the situation to galvanise some sort of response out of the players.

Today was a group of players and management team going through the motions. It is as bad as anything I have ever seen.

We are now stuck with this joker until we can afford to sack him. Hopeless and miserable.
Is he really though? Were Dougie still in charge we'd probably be in League 1 already. Yes he's done a poor job but is he really worse than Coyle and Freedman? I don't think so. Wrong man for the situation yes but he didn't know the situation to be fair to him. I hope he walks, if not then they should engineer his departure however poswible. Not good enough.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:47 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Lennon is a joke. He has made our club an even bigger joke.

Why can't we just relieve him of his duties and put him on garden leave for the remaining length of his contract or until some other desperate club gives him a job, there is absolutely no need to give him a pay off

We can then get one of the current reserve or youth team managers (Phillips, Lee etc) to take over until the end of the season -because they honestly couldn't be any worse, we have 1 win in 28 games, and the players & manager don't give a shite about the club or the fans, then perhaps start to introduce some of the younger players into the 1st team and start to prepare for next season in League 1

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:11 pm

Peter Thompson wrote: Why can't we just relieve him of his duties and put him on garden leave for the remaining length of his contract or until some other desperate club gives him a job, there is absolutely no need to give him a pay off
We do though. The opportunity to get shot of him for gross misconduct passed last week and the club chose to pass up on it. If we get rid of him now we're contractually obliged to settle up.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:15 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote: Why can't we just relieve him of his duties and put him on garden leave for the remaining length of his contract or until some other desperate club gives him a job, there is absolutely no need to give him a pay off
We do though. The opportunity to get shot of him for gross misconduct passed last week and the club chose to pass up on it. If we get rid of him now we're contractually obliged to settle up.
I fancy the point being made is, Mr Rioja, we might be better paying Lennon his wages to stay away than have him around the place.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:20 pm

Yesterday, Zac Clough, our star player, apparently missed not one, but two convertable chances. Lennon was nowhere near him at the time. Scoring them would have given a Merry Christmas to the travelling fans. The rest of the players, probably a bit pxssed off that their futures are uncertain and wondering if they'll get paid this month, might just possibly not have as much enthusiasm as would normally be expected. Lennon, unfortunately, can't pay their wages; he might not even be getting his own paid. The chances of him now strengthening the squad are as likely as me winning the lottery, simply because the wallet has only a dead moth left in it. In addition, the team coach will probably need repairs to its bodywork and windows where our own fans decided to redecorate it for New Year. The insurance company may just put up a fight claiming self inflicted injury. The owner and the board of directors meanwhile,the real apparent villains for blatant mis-management of the club, are nowhere in sight. The spirit within the dressing room however is still expected to burn as brightly as what is left of the Christmas candles.

In other words, blame and stone-chucking will get us absolutely nowhere.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:20 pm

Enoch wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I fancy the point being made is, Mr Rioja, we might be better paying Lennon his wages to stay away than have him around the place.
But what I'm saying is, Enoch, if the club's going to pass up on the opportunity of getting rid for free, then it's certainly not going to take up an option that involves outlay. Well, that's how I see it anyway.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:38 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
But what I'm saying is, Enoch, if the club's going to pass up on the opportunity of getting rid for free, then it's certainly not going to take up an option that involves outlay. Well, that's how I see it anyway.
If it is a viable option to put Lennon on gardening leave, and I am not sure whether it is or isn't, would the outlay not be the same as it is now?
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:41 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:But what I'm saying is, Enoch, if the club's going to pass up on the opportunity of getting rid for free, then it's certainly not going to take up an option that involves outlay. Well, that's how I see it anyway.
Ah, get you. I was wondering if they only shied away from dismissing him due to a threat of some counter claim. It's clearly messy and I imagine there's quite a bit of ill feeling about the place just now.