Bedsheets, Pitchforks and colours nailed etc.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Bedsheets, Pitchforks and colours nailed etc.

Post by thebish » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:09 pm

enrdentw wrote:Hearing rooms he has been given the boot...

eh?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:12 pm

thebish wrote:

eh?
*SHOUTING* I THINK HE SAID "HEARING ROOMS HE HAS BEEN GIVEN THE BOOT..."
I think he meant hearing rumours. But as to whom, I'm not sure: Lennon, Freedman, Evans, Trotter, or somebody else?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:27 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:

eh?
*SHOUTING* I THINK HE SAID "HEARING ROOMS HE HAS BEEN GIVEN THE BOOT..."
I think he meant hearing rumours. But as to whom, I'm not sure: Lennon, Freedman, Evans, Trotter, or somebody else?
or - more likely the new leeds manager! :D

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:49 pm

oi - erdent - you can't just say that and then bugger off!!!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:17 pm

To play in midfield on Saturday - he'll be given the other boot tomorrow...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:33 pm

Internet translation = some bell end wrote "heard lennons been sacked #bwfc" on twitter.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:41 pm

PS Trotter on £15k per week.... #bwfc

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:43 am

just read the presser on the BN. couple of quotes... not sure whether this is a wind up....
“I won’t blame anyone else. I won’t blame the players, the board, the lack of money. It’s my job to galvanise the team but it doesn’t need that much lifting because the spirit is pretty good.”
he then goes on to say
“We’re not the best team in the league but we’re definitely not the worst."

“I wasn’t promised anything but maybe I expected a little more money than I have been able to spend."

“That’s the challenge of the management I’m in now. I don’t have a big pot of money to work with"
:|

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:10 am

General Mannerheim wrote:just read the presser on the BN. couple of quotes... not sure whether this is a wind up....
“I won’t blame anyone else. I won’t blame the players, the board, the lack of money. It’s my job to galvanise the team but it doesn’t need that much lifting because the spirit is pretty good.”
he then goes on to say

“I wasn’t promised anything but maybe I expected a little more money than I have been able to spend."

“That’s the challenge of the management I’m in now. I don’t have a big pot of money to work with"
I agree with him on every quote in the second box - we're not the worst, we don't have cash and that situation has got worse since he got the job.

Nor can I criticise him for the first box. He knows there's no point complaining and that we all have to press on. Maybe he won't always manage not to complain, but when did any of us ever get through a day without a gripe? We just aren't quoted.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:12 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
I agree with him on every quote in the second box - we're not the worst, we don't have cash and that situation has got worse since he got the job.

Nor can I criticise him for the first box. He knows there's no point complaining and that we all have to press on. Maybe he won't always manage not to complain, but when did any of us ever get through a day without a gripe? We just aren't quoted.
I think he has focused too much on what he doesn't have rather than what he does. When he came in he was a breath of fresh air with his positivity and upbeat discussion of the players we have. Since then I feel he's been dragged down and to me sounds fairly fed up and down with the situation. I just feel it has ground him down, perhaps not to the same point, but in a similar way it affected Freedman.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:17 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:

I think he has focused too much on what he doesn't have rather than what he does. When he came in he was a breath of fresh air with his positivity and upbeat discussion of the players we have. Since then I feel he's been dragged down and to me sounds fairly fed up and down with the situation. I just feel it has ground him down, perhaps not to the same point, but in a similar way it affected Freedman.

perhaps he's been reading this forum

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:40 am

StaffsTrotter wrote:
Ha! To be fair I think Lennon knows it is going wrong and has admitted as much. I like that he is at least honest in the fact he is underperforming. That shows that he has awareness and isn't pretending it is all ok.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:34 am

StaffsTrotter wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

No he's not,

otherwise Trotter would be underneath his patio!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:35 am

What you have to remember is that in a press conference, managers get asked questions and answer them. Or don't.

I like the way he said he doesn't want to talk about the finances any more. But I bet he got asked at least twice more about it, and will be asked again after the match on Saturday.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:39 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:What you have to remember is that in a press conference, managers get asked questions and answer them. Or don't.

I like the way he said he doesn't want to talk about the finances any more. But I bet he got asked at least twice more about it, and will be asked again after the match on Saturday.
Yeah, bloody journalists!

:spank:

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:49 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:What you have to remember is that in a press conference, managers get asked questions and answer them. Or don't.

He will if we bloody lose again! :spank:

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:25 am

my point was that he promises to stop moaning about the players, the board, and the lack of money - then goes on to moan about the players, the board, and the lack of money...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:38 am

General Mannerheim wrote:my point was that he promises to stop moaning about the players, the board, and the lack of money - then goes on to moan about the players, the board, and the lack of money...
Yep - fair point - unless he promised *after* moaning. Quotes in a news piece aren't generally reported in chronological order. They might be on the official Twitter feed, though.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:08 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:my point was that he promises to stop moaning about the players, the board, and the lack of money - then goes on to moan about the players, the board, and the lack of money...
yes thought that was your point - so your point is ?

Any manager in this position can't win. They have to face the press (or get stick) and are asked questions about the topics you quote. Whether he doesnt answer, rolls out a cliched PC response or gives an honest personal assessment based on realities - some folk'll give him stick.

He knows, we all know the only way out of it is better results. He wants those results, we all want them (I assume, tho I sometimes wonder). I assume your point is that the apparent contradictions, presumably quotes from a longer conversation, demonstrate what a clueless fecker he really is - apologies if its not, but really whats the point

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:27 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:just read the presser on the BN. couple of quotes... not sure whether this is a wind up....
he then goes on to say

You have obviously never met my fkn Mrs!!