24th v 4th - Birmingham (h) 20/10/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: 24th v 4th - Birmingham (h) 20/10/15

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:50 am

Dr Hotdog wrote:Image

:hang:
In fairness, didn't look like there was anyone who might have been able to score, to cross to...

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:56 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:Image

:hang:
In fairness, didn't look like there was anyone who might have been able to score, to cross to...
Quite.

Have you seen this:

A job in Politics awaits. The Lying Prick. feck Off Emile. Just feck Off

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:00 pm

I still think there's the majority of an XI in there that can beat enough teams in this division.

Pick two centre-backs – maybe the two we signed this summer. Pick two full-backs at full-back – maybe the two we signed this summer. Pick two diligent central midfielders – possibly Spearing and Pratley, although Danns will do a shift – with Davies in front of them, joining up play with two wide men and a striker. The striker might be Clayton, it might be Dobbie from the start (can it hurt?) and it might even be Woolery as a sub.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:03 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:this isn't all that different to the squad Freedman said wasn't good enough and then Lennon came in and managed to squeeze a good run of form out of.

I could mention Clough

Which brings me onto another matter

Freedman was 'proved to be a dick' because he didn't play the kids who Lennon chucked in and got a tune out of

Said kids are now noticeable by their absence
Sto ut Serviam

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:03 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I still think there's the majority of an XI in there that can beat enough teams in this division.

Pick two centre-backs – maybe the two we signed this summer. Pick two full-backs at full-back – maybe the two we signed this summer. Pick two diligent central midfielders – possibly Spearing and Pratley, although Danns will do a shift – with Davies in front of them, joining up play with two wide men and a striker. The striker might be Clayton, it might be Dobbie from the start (can it hurt?) and it might even be Woolery as a sub.
Agree on the system. And the players picked. But Clayton, Woolery and Dobbie, not one of them is capable of leading a line. Clayton left and Feeney right behind a striker who can lead the line is required imo.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:04 pm

Hmmm...Heskey interview, might be the next manager eh? "Madines a good player, VERY good player" ....yeah we believe you Emile

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:04 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:this isn't all that different to the squad Freedman said wasn't good enough and then Lennon came in and managed to squeeze a good run of form out of.

I could mention Clough

Freedman was 'proved to be a dick' because he didn't play the kids who Lennon chucked in and got a tune out of

Clough didn't play till January.....

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:05 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I still think there's the majority of an XI in there that can beat enough teams in this division.

was thinking exactly the same. although i have seen them play precisely 0 minutes football this season

but maybe with Wheater involved, and Vela.

pisartist wheater prince casado
-------pratley--------vela
---------------davies
silva---------------------------clayton
-------------new savior
Last edited by General Mannerheim on Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:06 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:

I could mention Clough

Hasn't Lennon recently said in an interview now isn't the time to play kids as we are not doing well and it would put them under pressure? or am I dreaming this?

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:09 pm

twilight wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:

I could mention Clough

Hasn't Lennon recently said in an interview now isn't the time to play kids as we are not doing well and it would put them under pressure? or am I dreaming this?
Freedman said the same

And the mood now is completely different
Sto ut Serviam

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:09 pm

It seemed bizarre when Wellington limped off, that we replaced him with our only fit, mobile, striker who's capable of hitting a barn door, and shunted him out onto the left wing
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:11 pm

It was no more bizarre than him not starting alongside Madine

When you start off as disjointed as we started, its hard to pull it round

Clayton was awful, fwiw
Sto ut Serviam

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:13 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:It was no more bizarre than him not starting alongside Madine

When you start off as disjointed as we started, its hard to pull it round

Clayton was awful, fwiw
True. He obviously aint a winger. Square pegs and round holes etc
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:18 pm

Him, or Silva, alongside Madine, Pratley leftish in midfield and lets see where that takes us
Sto ut Serviam

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:22 pm

Clayton played well coming in off the wing in our good spell under Lennon, but we had a better option up top.

Never thought we'd get nostalgic for Craig Davies, but there you go.

As for "my" formation - forgot about Vela, who is indeed another option. Sorry Josh.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:30 pm

I didn't go last night. Will be back for the Leeds game.

Is Vela worth a start?

Clayton next to Madine sounds like it could work.

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:41 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Spartan2 wrote:
Enoch wrote:
The insane one wrote:Mjallby was clearly a huge loss as we look disorganised and disinterested.
twilight wrote:Errrm....I was scoffed at when I said that a few weeks ago
Just to flesh that out a bit, we were 3 from 18 when Mjallby 'resigned' (16.6%), now we're 8 from 39 (20.5%).

Obviously a massive loss.
Actually we were 6 from 18. (33%) vs 8 from 36 (22%)
Actually, we were both wrong. It was 3 from 15 (20%) when he 'resigned'.

Statistically, no difference then... whether he was here or not. Sounds like most of the fxckin team. :(
No, you were wrong. You got the total number of points available wrong and the number of points acquired after six games wrong because you accidentally included the cup match in your calculation.

I gave the wolves match to Mjallby partly because it's unlikely he had nothing to do with the coaching and planning for that match. But mainly because you had specified the cut off as 18 points (6 games i.e., including wolves). If you want to exclude him from that then fine but this is not a mistake on my part, you should have specified 15 points (5 games) in the first place.

Our goals conceded per game has approximately doubled since he left whether you include wolves before or after the fact.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:17 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote: "We had two off the line at one point and you've got to score. We decided to go two up because Birmingham let you have possession and we thought we'd take that away and be a bit more direct.
It's this statement I can't get my head round.

Go direct because a team lets you have the ball? What a ludicrous statement to make.

Baffled.
I think he means that if you play Barcalona they keep the ball for days so when you have it you need to use it wisely and protect possession whereas a team that treat it like a fire brick will keep giving it back so you can be a bit more adventurous...
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:19 pm

I can see the appeal of the "quick vertical" against a defence featuring Paul fecking Robinson (5ft 9in, nearly 37, never had any pace to lose).

Trouble is, he kept a clean sheet and scored.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:28 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I can see the appeal of the "quick vertical" against a defence featuring Paul fecking Robinson (5ft 9in, nearly 37, never had any pace to lose).

Trouble is, he kept a clean sheet and scored.
A man not good enough for us 3(?) seasons ago?

Turns slower than milk with glacial pace and guaranteed 6 red cards a season..

Ghosts in at the far post to score...

He started that run at halftime on Saturday and we still couldn't defend it..

That about finishes it for me ... Can we just go into league 1 now and have all the take over / Fire sale shenanigans and begin again.
Seems to me it don't much matter who we have to manage us if we aren't able to invest.. right now we're replacing cheap crap with slightly cheaper crap..

Paul Feckin Robinson ?
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham