All quiet on the Preston front - 31/10/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: All quiet on the Preston front - 31/10/15

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:21 pm

My grandad was - I think... or at least his program collection hints at it.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 pm

Aanvalluh wrote:26 Dec 1969 Preston North End v Bolton Wanderers W 1-3 League Division Two

C'mon, how many of you were there?
As a 1 year old at the time, am I excused for being a shit fan?? Been there a few times since tbf.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:30 pm

I was six months old so hopefully I am excused.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:34 pm

malcd1 wrote:I was six months old so hopefully I am excused.
Nope, rubbish excuse. I was growing inside mummy's tummy @ the 1958 Cup Final!! I popped out 4 months later....if I'd any sense I'd have climbed straight back in.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:00 pm

Have we played them since Gareth Farrelly's non-deflected goal at Cardiff?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:02 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Aanvalluh wrote:26 Dec 1969 Preston North End v Bolton Wanderers W 1-3 League Division Two

As a 1 year old at the time, am I excused for being a shit fan?? Been there a few times since tbf.

Any chance of us finding out what the weather was up to on Boxing Day 69? :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:05 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

Best I could do in a hurry
http://www.london-weather.eu/article.108.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:15 pm

Prufrock wrote:Have we played them since Gareth Farrelly's non-deflected goal at Cardiff?
No
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:39 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

I'm really sorry to say this - but it was cloudy but fine and mild. I remember it well as it was my first away game and we left Grandma's at lunchtime. No M61 in those days, so we got there quite quickly!!
No segregation either, so there were loads of pockets of Bolton fans, IIRC mainly behind the town end goal. No idea what the gate was, but anything 15000+ wouldn't surprise me, being Boxing day and all that. Anyone have the actual figure?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:49 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Have we played them since Gareth Farrelly's non-deflected goal at Cardiff?
No
Well I think so...

We continued to play them and scored another two...

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:17 am

Aanvalluh wrote:No M61 in those days, so we got there quite quickly!!
:lol:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:22 am

Head-to-head record here (quickest way to find head-to-heads is to Google 'Bolton vs Preston soccerbase', obviously changing team names where applicable)

I was at the Deepdale 4-1 in 1989. Back in the car in time for Sports Report, which mentioned Sheffield Wednesday's Peter Shirtliff whose surname prompted a rather risqué joke.

Back to the present. Anybody going to dare guess Lenny's lineup, or suggest their own?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:14 am

Fancy us in this one. Hopefully Ameobi and the new midfield player make the desired impact.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:38 am

Lennon's presser, from the official Twitter https://twitter.com/OfficialBWFC/status ... 8776545280 et passim.
Shola hadn't played a lot of football. I was expecting to give him 30 mins, but for him to play 80 mins was a pleasant surprise.

Luke Brattan played at a decent level in Australia. He needs to get up to a speed a bit but we're hoping he can add something.

We need to start turning performances into three points. The players know that and have had a good week in training.

I want us to attack, to create chances & put teams under pressure. I know a little bit about derbies. It's important we start well.

We're going to scrap away but I want us to play good football when we can. The performances have been good.

We were in a similar position when we came through the door last year and turned it around. I'm highly motivated to do the same.

There is plenty of time and plenty of games to turn it around. We're encouraged by the performances and are playing good football.

All it takes is one or two wins on the bounce to change the entire landscape of the season.

I'm not feeling any pressure, the fans have been very supportive as are the men upstairs.

It'll be a great occasion against Preston. Saturday night under the lights always adds a bit of spice.

Simon has had a very successful managerial career. He's won promotion after promotion and knows how to get the job done.

I enjoyed playing with him at Leicester. I have huge respect for him.
And Iles:
Mark Davies a doubt, says Neil Lennon for #pnefc trip. Dobbie, Walker and Moxey also unlikely to figure

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:06 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Lennon's presser, from the official Twitter https://twitter.com/OfficialBWFC/status ... 8776545280 et passim.
Shola hadn't played a lot of football. I was expecting to give him 30 mins, but for him to play 80 mins was a pleasant surprise.

Luke Brattan played at a decent level in Australia. He needs to get up to a speed a bit but we're hoping he can add something.

We need to start turning performances into three points. The players know that and have had a good week in training.

I want us to attack, to create chances & put teams under pressure. I know a little bit about derbies. It's important we start well.

We're going to scrap away but I want us to play good football when we can. The performances have been good.

We were in a similar position when we came through the door last year and turned it around. I'm highly motivated to do the same.

There is plenty of time and plenty of games to turn it around. We're encouraged by the performances and are playing good football.

All it takes is one or two wins on the bounce to change the entire landscape of the season.

I'm not feeling any pressure, the fans have been very supportive as are the men upstairs.

It'll be a great occasion against Preston. Saturday night under the lights always adds a bit of spice.

Simon has had a very successful managerial career. He's won promotion after promotion and knows how to get the job done.

I enjoyed playing with him at Leicester. I have huge respect for him.
And Iles:
Mark Davies a doubt, says Neil Lennon for #pnefc trip. Dobbie, Walker and Moxey also unlikely to figure
Mmmm I think Mind games are being played by NL, as in todays BN, Davies says he's fit???

I think fully defensive set up with us sneaking a 2-1 win.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:14 am

We're going to party like it's 1899 and smash the cnts.

3-0 to the Wanderers.
Businesswoman of the year.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:35 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Head-to-head record here (quickest way to find head-to-heads is to Google 'Bolton vs Preston soccerbase', obviously changing team names where applicable)

I was at the Deepdale 4-1 in 1989. Back in the car in time for Sports Report, which mentioned Sheffield Wednesday's Peter Shirtliff whose surname prompted a rather risqué joke.

Back to the present. Anybody going to dare guess Lenny's lineup, or suggest their own?
Looking at that database we haven't conceded against them since Sat 31 Oct 1992. Twenty Three Years To The Day.

Nailed on clean sheet, right? :mrgreen:

Line up wise - we need a settled flat back four and Derik at RB isn't filling me with joy at the moment.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:44 am

oh sh!tsticks - is it that nearly time of the week again??? :(

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:12 am

Made me smile. :)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:49 am

Bolton have failed to score in more matches this season than any other side (7).
No side has kept more clean sheets this term than Preston (6).
However, at the other end, the Lilywhites have scored a joint league-low 10 goals (along with opponents Bolton).
BBC

3-3, then?