Royals, my arse! - Reading (A) 21/11/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

daib0
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Royals, my arse! - Reading (A) 21/11/15

Post by daib0 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:11 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Diab0 - What happened with Zat Knight? Did he get a game for you?

PS. He's the worst footballer I've ever seen in my entire life!
came on twice but did nothing to be honest, the boss saw that too, and he was released end of last season. Think that was it, now retired ... :grin:
'Royals Rendezvous' - a friendly Reading forum

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:48 am

Neil Lennon is starting to look like Freedman in his final month! ( Haunted and out of ideas)....I feel huge sympathy for him as it,s been a hell of a lot tougher than,I assume,he expected it when he took over.I for one thought we were going to be his stepping stone to one of the big PL jobs.Just shows what a strange world this football lark is!!!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:59 am

daib0 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Diab0 - What happened with Zat Knight? Did he get a game for you?

came on twice but did nothing to be honest, the boss saw that too, and he was released end of last season. Think that was it, now retired ... :grin:
He retired about 5 years ago. Somehow it didn't seem to stop him getting played and payed.

One of the funniest/saddest/oddest moments in our mad years was when Dug-larse told fans in a live pre-season forum that he'd selected Zat Knight as his new team captain and the whole roomful of people - press included, literally, took a sharp intake of breath ... before giggling ... and then a low mutter of collective disbelief.

If Freedman ever thought he had the fans onside I think even his self-delusion must have begun to cracking that evening.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

daib0
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by daib0 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:11 pm

Troubles and unstability at Reading FC -

Just seen London 24, here are a couple of quotes from them from Clarke's lips ...

“When I sat down and weighed it up - Reading was by far the best option. All I wanted was the chance to speak to another club and weigh up what is best for me. In my mind I was always closer to Reading than Fulham. But you have to go and find out what their plans are and what they are thinking. Could they offer something better? And the answer was no."

“The supporters are the most loyal people at the football club. I can understand the ones that were really angry. I’ve had a chat with the board. I’m not going to say everything is fine - it isn’t, they are a bit disappointed. But I believe I still have support 100% and now I want to get back to success on the pitch.”

Wht did he feel he needed to have to talk to another club? Couldn't he trust his gut feelings, so needed to see what others say? Is he really convinced at helping Reading? Because if you are why would you bother seeing what another championship club [below RFC in the table] offers or if it is something supposedly better? I'm not sure how many % of fans remain convinced by his commitment to the club but it does seem a small minority as far as I can see ...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:32 pm

daib0 wrote:

Feast your eyes on this, my friend!

May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:36 pm

daib0,

Being honest rather than confrontational, I can't blame him for talking to Fulham.

Clarke doesn't strike me as a greedy or Machiavellian man, so there may be concerns about Reading's future, and it may well be that Fulham are more attractive. For a start, they're in London, which is a pull for signings; they also have an extra season of parachute payments.

If I were a manager (or player) I might lean toward Fulham over Reading. Might not, but it might be worth investigating.

Football is a business, with contracts and sackings. I bet there are many of us forum members who have spoken to other potential employers while still in a job; 'tis the way of the world, just not normally reported via the media, and people are more emotionally attached to football clubs than to Sunshine Desserts.

Interesting that he stayed.

daib0
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by daib0 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:55 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:daib0,

Being honest rather than confrontational, I can't blame him for talking to Fulham.

Clarke doesn't strike me as a greedy or Machiavellian man, so there may be concerns about Reading's future, and it may well be that Fulham are more attractive. For a start, they're in London, which is a pull for signings; they also have an extra season of parachute payments.

If I were a manager (or player) I might lean toward Fulham over Reading. Might not, but it might be worth investigating.

Football is a business, with contracts and sackings. I bet there are many of us forum members who have spoken to other potential employers while still in a job; 'tis the way of the world, just not normally reported via the media, and people are more emotionally attached to football clubs than to Sunshine Desserts.

Interesting that he stayed.
excellent post man ...

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:06 pm

He'd be a fool not to talk if asked.

He'd be a fool to let word of those talks leak it into the public domain.

daib0
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by daib0 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:36 pm

cheers lads, yes, whatever way perhaps we Royals fans can't be impartial ourselves ...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:42 pm

Impartiality is a rarity in football. There were quite a few Bolton fans annoyed at Bruce Rioch, perhaps our most popular manager, when he went to Arsenal after getting us two promotions in three seasons (sorry about that second one, strictly business, m'biscuity friend).

I guess if we were dispassionate about it, we just wouldn't go. They bring us more despair than delight, and it ain't cheap either.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:20 pm

for any late-comers - eager to catch the wave of new-start optimism...

it's pay-on-the-gate...

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:37 pm

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:06 pm

The Deanno effect kicks in - 2-1 to us. Madine & Clayton.

COYW!
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:15 pm

The answer to round 17 of Guess The Right-Back is Josh Vela.

Wanderers team: Amos; Vela, Prince, Wheater, Casado; Spearing, Danns; Pratley, Davies, Feeney; Ameobi.

Subs: Rachubka, Dervite, Clayton, Madine, Heskey, Wilson, Twardzik.

I guess that's Pratley out wide-ish again. Hope that works out.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:22 pm

Little Green Man wrote:The answer to round 17 of Guess The Right-Back is Josh Vela.

Wanderers team: Amos; Vela, Prince, Wheater, Casado; Spearing, Danns; Pratley, Davies, Feeney; Ameobi.

Unless it's the continuing adventures of the world's narrowest midfield diamond, with Feeney up top as Ameobi's runner. Spearing at the back of the diamond, either MD or D-Pratz at the top with the other alongside Steely Danns.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:26 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:The answer to round 17 of Guess The Right-Back is Josh Vela.

Unless it's the continuing adventures of the world's narrowest midfield diamond, with Feeney up top as Ameobi's runner. Spearing at the back of the diamond, either MD or D-Pratz at the top with the other alongside Steely Danns.
Could be. My thought was heavily influenced by Marc Iles's semi-colons.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:49 pm

We're here.

Christ it's cold.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:55 pm

Cold everywhere today. Snow on the Winter Hill zone clearly seen from where I live. Sat here with a fresh hot brew and waiting for the revival charge to start, so..COME ON YOU WHITES.... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:01 pm

Minute's silence now....impeccable...Awaiting the whistle and away we go....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:10 pm

White's playing in black today...er.....okay. Commentators open with a chat and then the Royals sally at us but we hit it long and Ameobi says hello and gives away a free kick. Some mumble about other scores as Reading chuck one in and....commentators have another chat then Blackman, playing in blue and white lashes one wide. We go and Prince sends us off, Wheater has a couple of touches and the Whites try an appeal against a shove in Feeney's back. No joy and some to and fro before Davies charges forth and McShane cops a card for chopping him. Ohhhh, Danns hits the side netting after an Ameobi flick from a Casado kick. They clear now but Pratley gets nailed for a free kick not to the joy of our mic man. Royals come visiting and.....McCleary gets the laughs as he steps over to a goal kick us. We clear and...they recover it.