Royals, my arse! - Reading (A) 21/11/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Devon White
Promising
Promising

Re: Royals, my arse! - Reading (A) 21/11/15

Post by Devon White » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:06 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:

It's laughable how easy it is to score against us. :roll:
Wow, it is easy to score against us, I think lennons job is safe because like most managers the contract will have a clause '' sack me'' then pay, and we know our finances wont reach to that.
Its beginning to feel a lot like ..... relegation.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:39 pm

I've been clinging to threads of hope recently, but unless something changes (perhaps a takeover with cash to spend in January, or even a change of manager), I really can see us going down. This is really awful. We (or I at least) can't keep blaming fine margins, such as Preston should have had a man sent off, or we could have been 3-0 up yesterday before Reading scored.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:29 pm

Jugs wrote:I've been clinging to threads of hope recently, but unless something changes (perhaps a takeover with cash to spend in January, or even a change of manager), I really can see us going down. This is really awful. We (or I at least) can't keep blaming fine margins, such as Preston should have had a man sent off, or we could have been 3-0 up yesterday before Reading scored.

aye... plus - we might have been 1 up before they scored - but three would have been pushing the bounds of probablility given the actual chances we made! :D

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:53 am

thebish wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Any views from those who were there today?

Eddie & Phil might want to dine out on 'what they achieved' but they've left a hell of a legacy. The whole club appears to be resigned to relegation :hang:

hmmmm....

FECKING cold at 80MPH along the M4 on a m/bike - wind chill factor of about -300degrees!

returned to bike after game - hoping to get straight off and out of the traffic - battery dead.. wait for green flag (1hr) to come and give me a jump-start as I could find no fecker kind enough to give me a jump-start in the retail park - I always carry jump-leads! - then even more fecking freezing all the way back down the M4 and M5 in the dark wondering if it would start again after I had to stop for petrol!

anyway - cracking day out!

bumped into Dan briefly - and caught up with GtE and the charming Miss GtE...

the game...

I actually do think we deserved to lose - sorry throwaway! - 'tis a game of opionions! :D

another pull of the RB slot machine lever - up pops young Vela... he's not a right back - I think Lenny is now damaging his career... he's going backwards.

we start off brightly for about ten mins - bring a decent save out of AlHabsi - then Prince gifts them a goal with a ZatKnightesque defending blunder - heads drop - fight and spirit gone.

LENNY IS NOT GETTING ANYWHERE NEAR THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE OUT OF THIS SQUAD OF PLAYERS. whatever else his job is - and whatever else is going on - I expected him to do that - it was always going to be the heart of the job - he hasn't done - he isn't doing it - they look like they simply don't know what they are being asked to do or how they are being asked to play. Either Lenny can't - he's out of his depth - or he just can't be arsed anymore - either way - he has a teflon coat - there was NO unrest or anti-lenny chanting at all - he's living a charmed life.

shape - who knows... beyond the words "narrow" and "cramped" it was hard to know what on earth the idea was.. feeney and danns were supposed to providse width, I guess - the rest all huddled together in the middle and tripped over each other.

ameobi drifted about looking lost apsrt from one really nice through-ball early on which led to a shot well saved by AlHabsi

Mavis - a real dent to his cult-status yesterday... lightweight, error-strewn - calamitously gave the ball away for their second goal... no obvious captain/leadership skills

our penalty? it was soft... there was a better shout 5mins later! al habsi was furious with himself for not saving it - he got a hand to it.

wheater did OK - assured - no nonsense! :-)

madine - goal machine????? I think not
Heskey?

Lenny is not someone I'd give cash to to buy a striker.

reading were not that good - they had no real pace or penetration - they weren't that threatening - yet we gifted them 2 goals before 30mins was up... it was just too easy - they hardly had to break sweat.

we looked OK for the first 10 mins - I was encouraged - then it was gone. the last 10mins we upped the pace - we huffed and puffed a bit - but apart from the soft penalty and ameobi hitting the bar from 3yds out when he should have buried it - al habsi could have got his picnic set out, spread a blanket on the floor and eaten sandwiches all day....

if lenny says we played well - he's talking utter shoite.
He's like this every week. People need to take their blinkers off.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:50 am

It was an awful match. When the second went in, I motioned to others to go down and get some beers. Think the Reading bar staff felt bad for us - they had to open the bar before half-time for a few sad folk. A couple of good Al-Habsi saves but we never really looked like scoring. Reading were naff too.

I never leave the terraces before half-time, and I never instantly walk off without applauding at the end. Yesterday I did both of those.

It's looking bleak. Goin' down :hang:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:36 pm

Is anyone else getting pissed off that the radio keeps repeating - over and over again re. Reading's manager sacking:
everyone on the radio wrote:Reading have only had one win in their last seven games...
alright - no need to chuffin rub it in!!!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:43 pm

Didn't score seven though, did they? No. So f*ck off Freedman.