Sports Shield Investments Ltd

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Sports Shield Investments Ltd

Post by Gudnib » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:47 am

OK lets have another go.
Following success in turning round the fortunes of Xpro Management Services Ltd (I think not) in January 2015 Deano sets up a £100 company in Essex called Sports Shield Ltd and later (31 July 2015) another £100 company called Sports Shield Investments Ltd. Its registered office (12 St Augustins Drive, Droitwich) is a private residence purchased in 2009 for £337,000 (believed to be Deano's home).
The Bolton News tells us that Sports Shield Investments is owned jointly by Deano and a Michael Collins and forms the substance of the 'consortium' that is going to safeguard the future of Bolton Wanderers.
Call me sceptical if you like but, apart from worrying about the future of a club that I have supported for over sixty years, I am also troubled about how and when the personal nightmares of Eddie Davies and Phil Gartside will finally be played out.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Sports Shield Investments Ltd

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:15 pm

If I want to set up a company to take over BWFC (or maybe I've already got one set up, coz I'm that type of guy). It may or may not have a Revenue stream, because it isn't doing anything at the moment. So its value would be fairly limited, until such time at we hit contract execution date...So I'm not surprise that the companies that might take us over have limited value. The issue is whether there's any money elsewhere. When ED took over BWFC, I think it was through a vehicle called Bermuda Investments...no one could see what was in that box either. Nor can anyone see what's in Moonshift nor Fildraw. To understand whether the people taking over have any money - you'd need to know their personal circumstances (all of the "consortium" members). You probably aren't going to find that out without knowing who they are and what their business interests are worth. That's not going to be in the Accounts of Sports Shield anything.

Any takeover is going to move us from the known (partially) to the unknown. It's going to happen - that looks fairly clear. We won't get a vote. I'm sure we're all fairly concerned about who takes over, but there ain't a lot we can do about it.

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:48 pm

Worthy4England wrote:If I want to set up a company to take over BWFC (or maybe I've already got one set up, coz I'm that type of guy). It may or may not have a Revenue stream, because it isn't doing anything at the moment. So its value would be fairly limited, until such time at we hit contract execution date...So I'm not surprise that the companies that might take us over have limited value. The issue is whether there's any money elsewhere. When ED took over BWFC, I think it was through a vehicle called Bermuda Investments...no one could see what was in that box either. Nor can anyone see what's in Moonshift nor Fildraw. To understand whether the people taking over have any money - you'd need to know their personal circumstances (all of the "consortium" members). You probably aren't going to find that out without knowing who they are and what their business interests are worth. That's not going to be in the Accounts of Sports Shield anything.

Any takeover is going to move us from the known (partially) to the unknown. It's going to happen - that looks fairly clear. We won't get a vote. I'm sure we're all fairly concerned about who takes over, but there ain't a lot we can do about it.
And if I were Trevor Birch I would want to know if you were a man of straw or of substance. I would want to know how much you and any associates were worth, where your funds were coming from and what your track record in business was. And if the vehicle for your proposed takeover looked like a worthless company registered at a modest house in Droitwich I would be just a smidgen cautious.
But if, on the other hand, I were to take a look at the track record of Strix or take a walk up Fildraw Lane on the Isle of Man I would be unlikely to conclude that the man Phil Gartside approached in 1999 to help out Bolton Wanderers when it was strugging was anything other than a man of financial worth. Just saying like!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:06 pm

I suspect Trevor Birch knows more than your revelation gives us.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:21 pm

Gudnib wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:If I want to set up a company to take over BWFC (or maybe I've already got one set up, coz I'm that type of guy). It may or may not have a Revenue stream, because it isn't doing anything at the moment. So its value would be fairly limited, until such time at we hit contract execution date...So I'm not surprise that the companies that might take us over have limited value. The issue is whether there's any money elsewhere. When ED took over BWFC, I think it was through a vehicle called Bermuda Investments...no one could see what was in that box either. Nor can anyone see what's in Moonshift nor Fildraw. To understand whether the people taking over have any money - you'd need to know their personal circumstances (all of the "consortium" members). You probably aren't going to find that out without knowing who they are and what their business interests are worth. That's not going to be in the Accounts of Sports Shield anything.

And if I were Trevor Birch I would want to know if you were a man of straw or of substance. I would want to know how much you and any associates were worth, where your funds were coming from and what your track record in business was. And if the vehicle for your proposed takeover looked like a worthless company registered at a modest house in Droitwich I would be just a smidgen cautious.
But if, on the other hand, I were to take a look at the track record of Strix or take a walk up Fildraw Lane on the Isle of Man I would be unlikely to conclude that the man Phil Gartside approached in 1999 to help out Bolton Wanderers when it was strugging was anything other than a man of financial worth. Just saying like!
I'm sure they'll look to do some due diligence on interested parties. You seem to be assuming there's only Deano and Collins in the "consortium" - that might be right, it might be wrong - we don't know outside of tittle tattle - I think you need to look at who else is in it, rather than focus on Deano. If there's only Deano, we're probably in bother. We'd also need to understand who they'd put in running the Club. Someone who's run successful businesses might be part of the deal for all we know - which is nowt.

There's been plenty of folks with huge financial worth, done nowt for the clubs they've taken over. The Gaydmak's are people of financial worth - didn't help Pompey much. Similar the billionaire Carson Yeung at Birmingham.

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:56 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Gudnib wrote:

I'm sure they'll look to do some due diligence on interested parties. You seem to be assuming there's only Deano and Collins in the "consortium" - that might be right, it might be wrong - we don't know outside of tittle tattle - I think you need to look at who else is in it, rather than focus on Deano. If there's only Deano, we're probably in bother. We'd also need to understand who they'd put in running the Club. Someone who's run successful businesses might be part of the deal for all we know - which is nowt.

There's been plenty of folks with huge financial worth, done nowt for the clubs they've taken over. The Gaydmak's are people of financial worth - didn't help Pompey much. Similar the billionaire Carson Yeung at Birmingham.
I am assuming nothing.
What I do know is that we don't know what is really going on or what serious approaches have been made or considered. We don't know what the final debt had accumulated to when Eddie decided (or was obliged to decide) that he could provide no more and the last audited accounts are far too distant to understand what the current trading position or cash flow is except that the cuts that have been made are, it is alleged, alarmingly still not enough to break even. Trevor Birch is likely to be addressing that particular issue as a priority.
I sense though that there are most probably a significant number of Wanderers suppporters with more business accumen and financial clout than Dean Holdsworth but who would not want to take the risk that proved so costly to Eddie Davies or being on the receiving end of the vile abuse piled on Phil Gartside.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:20 pm

I'm fine, with a significant number of Wanderers supported with more business acumen....I'm waiting for them to declare themselves...they've been pretty quiet so far.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:14 am

They're the ones telling us administration was impossible, unthinkable and had no point. Those of us who suspected otherwise were lambasted as financially illiterate fools. Yet the possibility has been discussed and apparently Lennon has been told it could happen if a rescue package hasn't been agreed "Very soon".
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:38 am

Marc Iles has tweeted he doubts Eddie Davies wants to do a deal with a foreign consortium. So that's good then, let's not sell to folk with actual money. Keep it UK based and have feck all to spend....

Thanks Eddie......

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:01 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Marc Iles has tweeted he doubts Eddie Davies wants to do a deal with a foreign consortium. So that's good then, let's not sell to folk with actual money. Keep it UK based and have feck all to spend....

Thanks Eddie......
Surely he has to consider anyone who takes an interest? (and hopefully has the money to back it up).?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:02 pm

twilight wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Marc Iles has tweeted he doubts Eddie Davies wants to do a deal with a foreign consortium. So that's good then, let's not sell to folk with actual money. Keep it UK based and have feck all to spend....

Thanks Eddie......
Surely he has to consider anyone who takes an interest? (and hopefully has the money to back it up).?
Well that is what I'd have thought too.....

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:47 pm

Thanks Eddie......

so what? who cares what Iles "doubts"... if that's all it is - Mark Isles "doubts" - then it's hardly anything to worry about. Until it is reported "Eddie Davies has actually said..." then I'll take it with a pinch of salt!

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:53 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
twilight wrote:

Thanks Eddie......
Nixon was asked about this and he says that it's nonsense.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:05 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
twilight wrote:

Thanks Eddie......
Good.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:16 pm

if this thread has come to a discussion of what Nixon thinks about what Isles doubts - then maybe it's time to move on until we know what any of the actual players in the situation are actually saying!

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:37 pm

Someone on another site has come up with a brilliant idea. You lend someone in financial difficulties a large amount of money. They will pay you back when they are flush. Interest is added just to make the whole thing sensible but the borrower can't pay the interest or the capital so the lender keeps lending him more.
So the interest rolls up and the £150million the lender has handed over turns into £173million owed to him. What a fantastic deal for the lender, the writer concludes.
Why do I keep thinking thick table? I must be missing something.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:43 pm

thebish wrote:if this thread has come to a discussion of what Nixon thinks about what Isles doubts - then maybe it's time to move on until we know what any of the actual players in the situation are actually saying!
I agree, with the caveat that I suspect that Nixon's thoughts on the matter carry more weight than the those of Iles, the BN or the multitude of conspiracy theorists on twitter.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:45 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
twilight wrote:

Thanks Eddie......
Good.
:roll:

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:52 pm

In case you didn't see in the debt thread a new company name filed at Companies House, Sports Shield BWFC!

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/141 ... _walk_out/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:40 pm

Apparently that's easily and cheaply done. I'll believe it when it's officially announced!