Spotty's Seriously Sub-standard Second Rate Transfer Thread.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Spotty's Seriously Sub-standard Second Rate Transfer Thr

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:03 pm

Feeney off out on loan...

Contract up this summer as well.

Cost cutting ahoy!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:06 pm

Worthy4England wrote:As much as Feeney is maligned, (once you get past the "it's popular to have someone to call shit brigade") he's actually been one of our better and more consistent players this season.
Player of the season by a mile
Shortest dwarf an all that but never shirks

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:10 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:As much as Feeney is maligned, (once you get past the "it's popular to have someone to call shit brigade") he's actually been one of our better and more consistent players this season.
Absolutely. Such aa sham if we have to simply wave him off.

Still, it'll please some who have criticised him all the way.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:06 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Feeney off out on loan...

Contract up this summer as well.

Cost cutting ahoy!
Now, for the first time this season, I do believe we'll get a tanking.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:18 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Agree. First choice for PoTY is to cancel the feck* and ceremonially destroy the trophy at half time of our last home. Feeney would be my second choice.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:32 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:Said it at the weekend about the Spearing business, maybe this is all an astute cost cutting excercise, the first steps to prepare for next season.

Or maybe it's because Sport Shield are absolutely skint.

Better hope its the former, because without some form of investment this summer (namely, at least one centre forward) we'll go down again.
Cheapest thing would have been keeping Lennon.

League one your wage bill can only be to a maximum of 60% of your turnover. So I suspect given our turnover is likely to be around the £6M mark, that shows how far we need to scale back. Haven't seen the half of it yet. Need to get wags to under £4M roughly.....from where we are now at a reported 15M. Lot of cuts that.

Whether SS are loaded or not, I don't think matters all that much right now. We need to get the right manager in place and build around young players with a few very cheap and astute additions.

That is the order of the day.
The 60% rule is right BUT..... If you're relegated to league 1, in the first season you're there, players signed before September in the season of relegation, do not count towards the 60% limit. So we have a season to get it sorted before more shit hits the fan.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:35 pm

wigan white wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:Said it at the weekend about the Spearing business, maybe this is all an astute cost cutting excercise, the first steps to prepare for next season.

Or maybe it's because Sport Shield are absolutely skint.

Better hope its the former, because without some form of investment this summer (namely, at least one centre forward) we'll go down again.
Cheapest thing would have been keeping Lennon.

League one your wage bill can only be to a maximum of 60% of your turnover. So I suspect given our turnover is likely to be around the £6M mark, that shows how far we need to scale back. Haven't seen the half of it yet. Need to get wags to under £4M roughly.....from where we are now at a reported 15M. Lot of cuts that.

Whether SS are loaded or not, I don't think matters all that much right now. We need to get the right manager in place and build around young players with a few very cheap and astute additions.

That is the order of the day.
The 60% rule is right BUT..... If you're relegated to league 1, in the first season you're there, players signed before September in the season of relegation, do not count towards the 60% limit. So we have a season to get it sorted before more shit hits the fan.
Only players on 3 year or longer contracts are exempt. And only for one season. It gives a little grace but not much.

Cuts will have to be drastic.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:14 pm

Ipswich have now confirmed that Feeney will be joining them.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:20 pm

ChrisC wrote:Ipswich have now confirmed that Feeney will be joining them.
Thankfully, we don't have to play them and have him score a hat-rick past us...that would be just too much...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:21 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thankfully, we don't have to play them and have him score a hat-rick past us...that would be just too much...
It's on loan Tango. For now, at least
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:22 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
It's on loan Tango. For now, at least
Ah, okay..cheers. Thought it was a move...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:31 pm

He's free in the summer. Played his last gamefor us. For all those saying he wasnt fit to wear the shirt etc, he'll be the one playing championship football next season, not us.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:41 pm

officer_dibble wrote:He's free in the summer. Played his last gamefor us. For all those saying he wasnt fit to wear the shirt etc, he'll be the one playing championship football next season, not us.
Unless he scores the winner in the playoff final. I hope he does. He's got his limits as a player and had some bad games, but fewer than most or any.
If Mad Mick gives him a simple role like Dougie did when he first came to us he could do well.

Worked his nuts off and created more than anyone else, if not through quality then through sheer persistence. Always came across as an honest committed pro in interviews and I wish him all the best.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:03 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Did you mean Wilson... Or was it supposed to be woolery? :shock:
Errr - senior moment. Holding. Lol. :oops:
Nothing sure how you got from Holding to Wilson, but it sounds good stuff :mrgreen:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:14 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
We are losing a million a month. If a club comes in for any of our high earners with an offer that takes their wages off our books they are gone.

By high earners I mean any senior player who wouldn't fall into the category of young self developed player. Those may be somewhat different.

But any senior player on the books is fair game. We are losing a million a month and about to take another large hit on income with league one looming and no more parachute payments.

Beyond the financial reality we are also marooned bottom of the championship and have won 4 games all season. And we are paying high wages to players who have only managed to deliver that. I don't see any reason to be upset at any departures now. This is rebuild time. And we must rebuild far more efficiently too.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:38 am

Rob Hall has shown that he can do a very decent job,at the level we,ll be playing next year! Hopefully he,s earmarked as Feeneys replacement next season,providing we can hold onto him!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:52 am

jonnycooper wrote:Rob Hall has shown that he can do a very decent job,at the level we,ll be playing next year! Hopefully he,s earmarked as Feeneys replacement next season,providing we can hold onto him!
I suspect Hall will go.

Woolery will be the man to play Feeney's role.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:07 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
jonnycooper wrote:Rob Hall has shown that he can do a very decent job,at the level we,ll be playing next year! Hopefully he,s earmarked as Feeneys replacement next season,providing we can hold onto him!
I suspect Hall will go.

The summer is the end of the contract we gave Hall when we thought we were going back up, not down. Financially as well as emotionally he has no reason to return.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:22 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
I suspect Hall will go.

The summer is the end of the contract we gave Hall when we thought we were going back up, not down. Financially as well as emotionally he has no reason to return.
Oh. Anyone out of contract is gone too.

Are Threlkeld and White still under contract? They may return if so seeing as both seem to have done a decent job in league one.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:26 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
wigan white wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:League one your wage bill can only be to a maximum of 60% of your turnover. So I suspect given our turnover is likely to be around the £6M mark, that shows how far we need to scale back. Haven't seen the half of it yet. Need to get wags to under £4M roughly.....from where we are now at a reported 15M. Lot of cuts that.
Only players on 3 year or longer contracts are exempt. And only for one season. It gives a little grace but not much. Cuts will have to be drastic.
If those rules are true, and I have no reason to doubt either of you, we'll have a lot of exemptions. Players on contracts of 3+ years, signed before last September, who are still contracted to us next season:Dorian Dervite, Dean Moxey, Josh Vela, Jay Spearing, Liam Trotter, Mark Davies and Max Clayton.
Derik Osede, Darren Pratley and Conor Wilkinson are contracted until 2018; Ben Amos and Zach Clough until 2019.

In fact, it's a much shorter list of those who *didn't* sign a three-year contract before September which carries over past this summer: Lawrie Wilson, Francesco Pisano, Filip Twardzik and Gary Madine.

For completeness, the players out of contract this summer: Paul Rachubka, Ross Fitzsimons, Hayden White, Niall Maher, Oscar Threlkeld, Rob Holding, Alex Finney, David Wheater, Quade Taylor, Neil Danns, Jordan Lussey, Tom Walker, Liam Feeney, Rob Hall, Emile Heskey, Stephen Dobbie, Tom Eaves, Kaiyne Woolery.

So it seems to me we won't have *too* much of a problem obeying the League One rules next season, because we've got so many exemptions (I'd also expect the senior players out of contract this summer - Wheater, Danns, Feeney, Heskey, Dobbie and probably Rachubka - to be released). I think the problem is not so much obeying the rules as finding the money to pay the exempted players: expect the majority of Dervite, Moxey, Spearing, Trotter, Davies, Pratley and Amos to be unofficially available "for the good of their career" (read: our bank balance).
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.