Spotty's Seriously Sub-standard Second Rate Transfer Thread.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Spotty's Seriously Sub-standard Second Rate Transfer Thr

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:36 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:^ words fail me.
Unlikely!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:06 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:^ words fail me.
Unlikely!
That's an indication therefore of just how gobsmacked I was. :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:10 pm

By the way, after 44 pages and just one solid gold PSG transfer, and despite not even advertising for all and sundry transfers, it has to be a record surely? I don't mean transfers to page, that'd be silly, but pages to transfer rate 44-1. Stunning
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:27 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:He might score the winner for Dougie on Saturday...

In seriousness, I wonder if we paid some severance or if he just waived the last six months of his contract. He hasn't exactly been clawing at the walls to get out, has he?

And if we did pay severance (and are/were possibly willing to do so for Mavies), is this more evidence of emergency cost-cutting?

And is anyone going to claim we've lost an asset which might damage the sale of the club?

"F*ck this," says Deano, "No Medo, no deal"
I'd expect that we have paid him off and given the Mavies scenario, it suggest to me that there is an issue with the amount the buyers are willing to take on - so the current regime is having to bite the bullet and reduce those future costs out of their own pocket.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:32 pm

Rumours Davies has gone to Boro

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:33 pm

More tweets (an hour ago) from Marc Iles, a good man in a bad situation. Can't be easy trying to prise information from the club at the mo - but he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.
Hearing Mark Davies deal to #swfc is looking very, very unlikely. Trained with #bwfc this morning and should be in squad for #NFFC
Davies situation too complex for one tweet but will explain in a story tomorrow. Medo exit saves big money - which is good for #bwfc

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:39 pm

You would have thought the offer for Medo to call it quits and walk away would've been there for months, so presumably we've given him something.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:42 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:More tweets (an hour ago) from Marc Iles, a good man in a bad situation. Can't be easy trying to prise information from the club at the mo - but he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.
Hearing Mark Davies deal to #swfc is looking very, very unlikely. Trained with #bwfc this morning and should be in squad for #NFFC
Davies situation too complex for one tweet but will explain in a story tomorrow. Medo exit saves big money - which is good for #bwfc
which suggest Medo has not taken all he could - the little love - still says something though that it is 'big money'

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Nixon says Davies trained with us today.

Iles says Davies' agent claims Wednesday were trying to pull out on medical grounds before he'd had a medical.
Did they only just find out which Davies he is ??

.... & Medo. Nice tweets & all that but he HAS to be taking the piss. He has every reason to say "well, that was a wasted year of my life".
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:01 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Nixon says Davies trained with us today.

Iles says Davies' agent claims Wednesday were trying to pull out on medical grounds before he'd had a medical.
Did they only just find out which Davies he is ??

.... & Medo. Nice tweets & all that but he HAS to be taking the piss. He has every reason to say "well, that was a wasted year of my life".
depends some may quite the idea of being well paid to do nowt - guess he could always have just left if he was desparate to play

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:52 pm

Not really sure why we've gone from wanting to raise cash to paying players off. Medo makes more sense than Davies though as I'm sure Medo had no transfer value at all.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:03 pm

bobo the clown wrote:.... & Medo. Nice tweets & all that but he HAS to be taking the piss. He has every reason to say "well, that was a wasted year of my life".
Or maybe he's just a humble man that goes about his business in a professional manner?

:conf:

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:11 pm

Bristol City has fired their manager. Did he lose his job because Clough failed to sign and made the owner angry ? He seems to believe Clough should had been offered more money.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35319397" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:25 pm

So much for all the guff on twitter about his loyalty, love for the club etc. His agent just couldn't screw enough dosh out of them. Next!!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:30 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:So much for all the guff on twitter about his loyalty, love for the club etc. His agent just couldn't screw enough dosh out of them. Next!!
You cynical barsteward! I do believe all that, it had to be something special to leave that's all. Nothing wrong with that.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:34 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:So much for all the guff on twitter about his loyalty, love for the club etc. His agent just couldn't screw enough dosh out of them. Next!!
It was feck all to do with money. Clough just didn't want to go. When Cotterill mentions 'a head turning offer' i'm guessing he means a ridiculous offer that he would have been stupid to turn down. As it was, they offered him a decent wedge more (relative to his current wages) but he wasn't interested in going there.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:40 pm

LeverEnd wrote: This is why it's the biggest betrayal of all. Selling him to a club that can enhance his career and he's happy with I can accept. He's too good to play in league 1 with us anyway, but not to fellow relegation candidates at the other end of the country who will probably sack their manager in the next few months.
From the academy that bears Eddie Davies' name too. There's something symbolic about this for me that goes beyond downsizing and financial problems. Davies should stump up the cash to stop this from happening. It's ultimately his fault that it's come to this.
Told you. He could have signed, then seen Cotterill replaced by someone who only wants big bruisers up front. Lucky escape.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:48 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
LeverEnd wrote: This is why it's the biggest betrayal of all. Selling him to a club that can enhance his career and he's happy with I can accept. He's too good to play in league 1 with us anyway, but not to fellow relegation candidates at the other end of the country who will probably sack their manager in the next few months.
From the academy that bears Eddie Davies' name too. There's something symbolic about this for me that goes beyond downsizing and financial problems. Davies should stump up the cash to stop this from happening. It's ultimately his fault that it's come to this.
Told you. He could have signed, then seen Cotterill replaced by someone who only wants big bruisers up front. Lucky escape.
Mystic LeverEnd! :pray:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:58 pm

Well, you know...
Just thought you bitches needed reminding now and again.

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:00 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Not really sure why we've gone from wanting to raise cash to paying players off. Medo makes more sense than Davies though as I'm sure Medo had no transfer value at all.
Possibly Medo hadn't played enough games to get a work permit at another club. Rumours he may go back to Maccabi. Still, got to be more dead wood that can be cut away. Be a surprise if Mavies plays for us Saturday. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.