Spotty's Seriously Sub-standard Second Rate Transfer Thread.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Spotty's Seriously Sub-standard Second Rate Transfer Thr

Post by Hoboh » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:07 am

Bit strange if we have a fire sale and the 'crap' left behind start to win games :mrgreen:

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:31 am

Posted on the old thread, sorry! Rumours on twitter of Mavies to Boro for 500k. Half what he's worth IMO, but if it clears him off the wage bill. ....
Last edited by Bijou Bob on Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:33 am

This thread should be called The Exodus.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:56 am

Jugs wrote:This thread should be called The Exodus.
Exodus, all right! Movement of Jah people! Oh, yeah! O-oo, yeah! All right! Exodus: Movement of Jah people! Oh, yeah!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:57 am

How many of our players would interest others for market value? Not many.

But for the knock down desperation sale we are supposedly in, I suspect quite a few will be of interest elsewhere.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:01 am

Hoboh wrote:
Jugs wrote:This thread should be called The Exodus.
Exodus, all right! Movement of Jah people! Oh, yeah! O-oo, yeah! All right! Exodus: Movement of Jah people! Oh, yeah!
Bit early to be drinking, Hobes, even at Christmas... :D

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:02 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:How many of our players would interest others for market value? Not many.

But for the knock down desperation sale we are supposedly in, I suspect quite a few will be of interest elsewhere.
There will be some we would hope would raise transfer fees (Zach, Sparky, Amos). There will be others we simply need to get off the wage bill (Wheater).

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:02 am

Homes under the Hammer BWFC edition
Pfffft.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:28 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Everything including that which is nailed down is up for sale in January at the Macron according to Iles. We are desperate for cash. Suspect squad will be stripped bare. Depressing.
With the exception of Clough I wouldn't feel sad for any of them leaving. A clear out of the stench of failure is just what is needed and a bunch of try hard cloggers and youngsters, untainted by the last few years, to start us onwards and eventually upwards.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:31 am

Clough and Amos are the only two I'd want to keep and I reckon those'll be the ones guaranteed to go. If there's a firesale!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:02 pm

Tempting as it is, I can't join the queue wanting to throw the babies out with the bathwater.

I think we have several players who are very capable at this level, if self-evidently underachieving.

I further think that replacing them with players (young, old or in their prime) who will do better, on buttons, might not be as easy as some think.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:27 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Tempting as it is, I can't join the queue wanting to throw the babies out with the bathwater.

I think we have several players who are very capable at this level, if self-evidently underachieving.

I further think that replacing them with players (young, old or in their prime) who will do better, on buttons, might not be as easy as some think.
I definitely agree.

We've supposedly been ridding our squad of the overpaid, give a shit, fancy dan's for the last couple of years. Players such as Petrov, Ngog, Eagles, Mills and more have been moved on to make way for cheaper players who don't have the spectre of Premier League relegation haunting them.

And now we can't wait to move these on too, for even cheaper players who work even harder but who are even less talented and capable. It's just a downward spiral.

The current squad, in my opinion, is not that bad on the whole. There are some decent players in there. Selling them will just make us weaker.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:52 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Everything including that which is nailed down is up for sale in January at the Macron according to Iles. We are desperate for cash. Suspect squad will be stripped bare. Depressing.
With the exception of Clough I wouldn't feel sad for any of them leaving. A clear out of the stench of failure is just what is needed and a bunch of try hard cloggers and youngsters, untainted by the last few years, to start us onwards and eventually upwards.
I don't agree, whilst we have a number of poor players, we will lose the better half of what we have. For peanuts.

And those peanuts will be used to pay the bills and keep the shit half we have in salary.

When we are eventually taken over we will not be signing another Clough or Davies and will be barring millions to spend, set years and years back in all respects.

People make out selling off physical and player assets is a good thing, but we are doing it for a short term fix.

Frankly I think administration might be about as good as this with the benefit of reducing our liabilities and letting someone start with a clean slate.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:09 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Tempting as it is, I can't join the queue wanting to throw the babies out with the bathwater.

I'm not saying I want a wholesale sell off. I said I wouldn't mind if there was one. These are two different things. I also excluded the best players from the second statement. I don't think DSB that there are many wanting a wholesale sell off ( fewer than you hint at) I think!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:15 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
I don't agree, whilst we have a number of poor players, we will lose the better half of what we have. For peanuts.

And those peanuts will be used to pay the bills and keep the shit half we have in salary.

When we are eventually taken over we will not be signing another Clough or Davies and will be barring millions to spend, set years and years back in all respects.

People make out selling off physical and player assets is a good thing, but we are doing it for a short term fix.

Frankly I think administration might be about as good as this with the benefit of reducing our liabilities and letting someone start with a clean slate.
Clough maybe, but not this chancer.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:41 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Oi? How come this thread didn't get an exclusive on Brattan's farewell... is that how shit it is?

:lol:

Mines shit! but yours is shitter :D
Not only shitter but lacking a qualifier too by the looks of things: Spotty's Seriously Sub-standard Schizophrenic Second Rate Transfer Thread
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:09 pm

Andy Waller wrote: Clough maybe, but not this chancer.
Agreed. He's finally got the run of games we've been craving for and produced feck all. I'm
Not for a fire sale but I'd snatch the hands off anyone offering money for this talented loser. He can take his disappearing act elsewhere. What a let-down.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:56 pm

I agree with those who say Mark Davies is overrated. He doesn't produce nearly enough. I have some sympathy that he is almost always played out of position.

His goal scoring and chance creation are far too low though for an attacking midfield player.

However he still is for this level if nothing else a competent player. I doubt we will have many of those left if the vultures do come a circling.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:17 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:I agree with those who say Mark Davies is overrated. He doesn't produce nearly enough. I have some sympathy that he is almost always played out of position.

His goal scoring and chance creation are far too low though for an attacking midfield player.

However he still is for this level if nothing else a competent player. I doubt we will have many of those left if the vultures do come a circling.
Quite true, but if he's getting paid 4 times the average squad wage for merely average performances and we need to reduce wages then it's simple.
I won't regret his loss, just what he might have been. I honestly think his BWFC career highlights were in our imaginations when he was injured.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:19 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:I agree with those who say Mark Davies is overrated. He doesn't produce nearly enough. I have some sympathy that he is almost always played out of position.

slightly less effusive than your opinion last year...
BWFC_Insane wrote:Not at all. We miss his creativity. He'd be brilliant in front of Spearing and Medo. In fact I'd say that midfield would be miles ahead of owt else in this division.