BW Supporters Trust

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bwfcst
Hopeful
Hopeful

BW Supporters Trust

Post by bwfcst » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:34 pm

Hey fellow Wanderers.
Hopefully you've heard us mentioned, if not this post will explain things. Most important of all we are not trying to compete with this forum or any other Bolton sites.

Bolton Wanderers Supporters' Trust

Goals
1) We aim to be independent of the club, but may require help initially to get started (eg meeting space)
2) We want to become the glue that joins all fans together
3) We want to have close ties to all web forums & fans on social media

Timeline
Today: We are working as fast as possible to create a Supporters Trust for Wanderers fans. We currently have a working group of 8 volunteers
Weekend: Most of the founders will be having a private meeting with Supporters Direct
Next Week: Everything will become public & we'll start to arrange a public meeting

Founders
1) We want to be anonymous for the moment to prevent any issues related to previous spats etc
2) Most of us didn't already know each other. Only a love for BWFC binds us together
3) We contain a qualified insolvency practitioner & looking for legal expert with experience of Supporters Trusts
4) There will be elections so if you don't like the founders that shouldn't be a reason to dismiss us

If you feel you can help then get in touch via the website

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: BW Supporters Trust

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:28 pm

Your goals are a little wooly (jumpers).
Spit it out man, do want to conquer the world, or just have a nice meeting with minutes and agendas?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bwfcst
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by bwfcst » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:49 pm

We all agree we want to bring the club under fan ownership having seen the benefits at other clubs. We are speaking to the relevant people to discover how that can be accomplished.

However, if the eventual elected representatives want a seat on the board we'll accept that position.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:56 pm

That's more like it. You do realise in your opening post you didn't mention running the club. It sounded more like a plan to merge fan forums together!
Anyway I'm for it, the fans owning the club.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bwfcst
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by bwfcst » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:01 pm

At the moment we aren't promoting "owning the club" as our aim for one reason.

If we talk about ownership and then say Holdsworth takes over the club we will lose a lot of the support we are gathering.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:59 am

A seat on the board is famous at Swansea and is a reasonable goal I'd say. Doubt said person would have any power at all but why not try.

I fear one has to go as low as Portsmouth have before it becomes accessible for a ST to actually start getting % shares in the club.

For what it's worth there is always lot of managerial talent on boards like this (accountants, lawyers, business people etc) but as a warning, it proved difficult to publish a fanzine and that was a clear objective.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:42 am

Good luck. Genuinely.

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:53 am

Who elected these 8 persons to the Supporters Trust? Who are they and what are their backgrounds? Laudable attempt but more openness needs to be addressed as a primary issue. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:47 pm

bwfcst wrote: 1) We want to be anonymous for the moment to prevent any issues related to previous spats etc
So the guy from LOV then...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:03 pm

NiceHotCuppaTea wrote:
bwfcst wrote: 1) We want to be anonymous for the moment to prevent any issues related to previous spats etc
So the guy from LOV then...
or Bolton Nuts, or ( the list is endless). Might even be that Natasha character :shock:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bwfcst
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by bwfcst » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:11 pm

Thanks for your comments & support.

I am 1 of 8 co founders. Another founder is a qualified insolvency practitioner & we have political representation too.

We are only founders to get this off the ground but have had over 100 fans sign up this morning.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:23 am

bwfcst wrote:Thanks for your comments & support.

I am 1 of 8 co founders. Another founder is a qualified insolvency practitioner & we have political representation too.

We are only founders to get this off the ground but have had over 100 fans sign up this morning.
Well if it's anything to ,do with the 'fat controllers' mob you can count me out!

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:23 am

Manuel?

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:50 pm

A guy from the trust was on radio Manc after the match saying there was an open meeting planned for very early January to discuss the setting up of a Supporters Trust.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

bwfcst
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by bwfcst » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:36 am

It's on catchup http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p039wl05" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; at 31 mins 45 seconds

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:01 am

jonnycooper wrote:Manuel?
Cliff!

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:56 pm

Is it just me?? A supporters trust seems to be something of a distraction at the moment and it's all very laudable but pie in the sky?? I'm unsure what you would achieve with one or what a non exec seat on the board would achieve?
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:04 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Is it just me?? A supporters trust seems to be something of a distraction at the moment and it's all very laudable but pie in the sky?? I'm unsure what you would achieve with one or what a non exec seat on the board would achieve?
Not just you. Exactly my view.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:11 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:Is it just me?? A supporters trust seems to be something of a distraction at the moment and it's all very laudable but pie in the sky?? I'm unsure what you would achieve with one or what a non exec seat on the board would achieve?
... and mine. A bunch of sanctimonious know-nowts who feel they can influence things. No sooner than it's set up they'll be at each others throats setting up 'the Supporter's Trust of Bolton', 'the Bolton Trust for Supporters' and 30 odd other versions.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:13 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
... and mine. A bunch of sanctimonious know-nowts who feel they can influence things. No sooner than it's set up they'll be at each others throats setting up 'the Supporter's Trust of Bolton', 'the Bolton Trust for Supporters' and 30 odd other versions.
what did Eddie ever do for us... well.. errr.. the acquaduct? sanitation? roads? irrigation? :D