Gaffer's message to the fans

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Gaffer's message to the fans

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:46 pm

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Gaffer's message to the fans

Post by jonnycooper » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:04 pm

Well done Neil! Your stocks just gone up in our house. :oyea:

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:04 pm

I still like Lennon a lot and he has my full support as manager. Hopefully he's still in charge in the long term because I think he can take us forward once the financial difficulties are over with.

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:10 pm

Still think he's the right man at the wrong time... hopefully he's in for the long haul with us because I agree with you Frazier...

This is a nice message though, I didn't donate but those who did are bloody good people and deserve some thanks from the club.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:13 pm

danardif1 wrote:Still think he's the right man at the wrong time... hopefully he's in for the long haul with us because I agree with you Frazier...

This is a nice message though, I didn't donate but those who did are bloody good people and deserve some thanks from the club.

In turn IMO forced the clubs hand ( or whoever payed them) into paying them! bloody right too
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:02 am

Crisis or no crisis. This is the man who refuses to play right backs and thinks madine dobbie and heskey score goals. Get rid asap

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:34 am

jetsetwilly wrote:Crisis or no crisis. This is the man who refuses to play right backs and thinks madine dobbie and heskey score goals. Get rid asap
Right now he doesn't have too many options about much. It's not a matter of choices; club's skint and can't pay the ones we have. The Premier league is full of managers under the axe's shadow because they aren't topping the league and observing divine right rules. Jose Maurihno is a shining example of this.The league's below just follow the pattern. I've long held it being bullshxt that if a player isn't breaking every pot in sight it must be the manager's fault and one or both should be sacked. Bolton just typifies the business aspects of football over the game itself. Someday, maybe, (probably not in my lifetime) players will stop being Bentley-driving millionaires, fire off greedy do-nothing agents and get back to it being a job and be paid accordingly. That's the root of it all, and "what else is new Sherlock?" and all that stuff. Gudni's article hits the nail, get together as a team unit and bring some pride back to the game and the town. Talk has always been a cheap commodity.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:22 pm

When clubs sack managers there's always the "what if they hadn't been sacked" question. In this situation right now it would be really interesting to see what happens if a manager who seems like he has a brain and is adaptable gets time to ride out the really bad spell. Having fixed the problem, you hope he'd have learned something and become a better manager and those same problems would not resurface.

I admit it might not be the time for social experiments though.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:17 pm

Apart from Sam! In my lifetime no Manager has achieved any level of success after leaving us! So it might be wise for Neil to tough it out.With a bit of luck he could turn things around here! Bleak times probably lie ahead,but continuity is a proven recipe for success. NLSWA :pray: :pray: :pray: :oyea:

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:44 pm

Knowing what we know now, is it fair to wonder what's going on below the camera shot?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:08 pm

jonnycooper wrote:Apart from Sam! In my lifetime no Manager has achieved any level of success after leaving us! So it might be wise for Neil to tough it out.With a bit of luck he could turn things around here! Bleak times probably lie ahead,but continuity is a proven recipe for success. NLSWA :pray: :pray: :pray: :oyea:
Might as well have stuck with the previous manager then, or the one before or the one before etc etc....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:13 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
jonnycooper wrote:Apart from Sam! In my lifetime no Manager has achieved any level of success after leaving us! So it might be wise for Neil to tough it out.With a bit of luck he could turn things around here! Bleak times probably lie ahead,but continuity is a proven recipe for success. NLSWA :pray: :pray: :pray: :oyea:
Might as well have stuck with the previous manager then, or the one before or the one before etc etc....
Yes, the very three that have seen us arrive at this predicament by spending more than we have on absolute shite. Yeay. As I've asked before - If we sack Lennon then just who on earth is likely to want the job and is likely to do any better?
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:21 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Yes, the very three that have seen us arrive at this predicament by spending more than we have on absolute shite. Yeay. As I've asked before - If we sack Lennon then just who on earth is likely to want the job and is likely to do any better?
Well, in our current predicament I agree. Should the ownership be resolved, I'd hope he'd be out the door immediately. If we have any money going in we cannot let this joker spend a single penny. In my view.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:28 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Well, in our current predicament I agree. Should the ownership be resolved, I'd hope he'd be out the door immediately. If we have any money going in we cannot let this joker spend a single penny. In my view.
Oh I agree. The players that he has brought in haven't turned up for nowt (well, not willingly anyway) and I really don't think we've scouted the European and Scandinavian leagues hardly if at all, from which I'm absolutely convinced we could have brought in better players for the same wages, or less. But moreover, I'd like to think, especially when there's absolutely no room for error, that a decent manager brings in a player because he's a good fit to the metaphorical jigsaw, not simply because he happens to have played at Full Back.
May the bridges I burn light your way

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:32 pm

jonnycooper wrote:Well done Neil! Your stocks just gone up in our house. :oyea:

48 hours later! It's Rock Bottom :spank: :spank: :laugh: :laugh:

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:09 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:Knowing what we know now, is it fair to wonder what's going on below the camera shot?
lol

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:04 pm

jonnycooper wrote:
jonnycooper wrote:Well done Neil! Your stocks just gone up in our house. :oyea:

48 hours later! It's Rock Bottom :spank: :spank: :laugh: :laugh:

if being a manager was about talking to the media - then Lenny would always have been ace... problem is - it's not!