A happy No Non Sense new year! - Huddersfield (H) 02/01/16

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: A happy No Non Sense new year! - Huddersfield (H) 02/01/

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:39 pm

A warning against cockiness for the Whites and now we get a free kick as Holden gets the chop. Yorky fans not sounding happy as Wells gives one away. Free them now and..and now....Moxey heads clear before an air shot flies high wide and not so handsome. A Hud on the deck stops it for a minute and then.....a shirt change for a blood job. Quick free us and....Vela, Pratley, Moxey, Davies Clough.....cleared. Moxey again and they clear. They visit and...it goes back to the keeper. Now us, then them, to and fro, back and forth. Feeney, Vela, and well cleared. Stillwell comes but loses out and it all starts again. A Whites goal now would be very nice, could that be arranged, one wonders? Clough, Holding, Clough again and Pratley loses out to let them break and eventually have a shot wide. Pratley daftly gets done for holding a man back. And now....we come and they clear and break. Why are they sounding so dangerous on the break? Throw them and....they run ofside. Free kick us.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:42 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Different valid opinions! Surely not.
Validity depends if they're based on confirmation bias. As Ivan Rioufol put it, "I believe in what I see. The doctrinaire see what they believe in."

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:45 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:They come again and Wheater gives one of the Huds a wee-push and gets a yellow.
You sure he got booked, Tango? Neither BBC nor BWFC have confirmed that.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:46 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Validity depends if they're based on confirmation bias. As Ivan Rioufol put it, "I believe in what I see. The doctrinaire see what they believe in."
It was DSB, cast at the Pastor, you were caught in the crossfire. (By the way, I have never called Feeney a spineless wanker. Nor have I said that most of the time he was just having a larrrf - either of which would be ridiculous statements).
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:48 pm

No goal so far but good words for our lads from micmen. Hoding and....Moxey, Davies and.....they win a throw off Moxey. Prince loses out and......four on two give us some fright and they are putting some pressure back on us. Prince causing some anxious moments apparently. They clear and break again and come sniffing around but we keep them out via Moxey. Bit of chat from micmen then two throws them before Davies sees one out again. Davies makes a clumsy challenge on Smith and..they get a free kick and....Hughes.....bad one and we clear and win a throw. The visit again and win a corner via Holding. And.......and.....part cleared and Madine clears for a throw.Come on lads, get that goal. Two added minutes and chatted away by mic man. They are sounding awake now, but Mark Davies gets the good words and a free kick. Amos wellies and....and....Vela, Feeney, and he gives the ball and a free kick away. Holding hard luck as he gives away a throw and....its 0-0 at the break.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:49 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:They come again and Wheater gives one of the Huds a wee-push and gets a yellow.
Just going of mic man's comment but it wasn't mentioned again after.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:58 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
It was DSB, cast at the Pastor, you were caught in the crossfire. (By the way, I have never called Feeney a spineless wanker. Nor have I said that most of the time he was just having a larrrf - either of which would be ridiculous statements).
No problem. I just like the quote :D
TANGODANCER wrote:
Just going of mic man's comment but it wasn't mentioned again after.
OK, thanks mate - as ever.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:09 pm

Prince clears off the line after Nakhi Wells rounds Amos

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:10 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Prince clears off the line after Nakhi Wells rounds Amos

Getting massive praise of the offish!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:10 pm

Under the cosh a little here. Need us to get back on the front foot
Pfffft.

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:13 pm

Ooops, edit...Pratley booked . LMAO 8)
Last edited by Gravedigger on Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:15 pm

Gravedigger wrote:Aye, Wheater booked but BBC have it as 35 minutes in. I'm sure it was a bit earlier so BBC may be still suffering problems. 8)
Know you're referring to the DDOS attack but their updates are frequently up to 10 minutes behind in the second half. Trust me, as one who has to stay across them on some Saturdays...

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:17 pm

True DSB. I keep thinking it's just because it's us.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:17 pm

And now for part the two-eth. We have been known to play better second half a few times. Will this be one of them?

Good for wood and away we go. The Illuminati kick off and break but Prince clears for a throw and......Prince clears off the line as Wells beats the keeper...oooohhhh. A let off, but we sally at them and get a throw. They clear for another and Moxey whistles one in. Cleared....once, then twice, long and it finishes with Amos...Now they come again and Bunn wins a corner (I think) In and...cleared and.....Amos has it but there was a Hud handball and we get a free kick. And....a description of cream of mushroom soup at half time and now they have it. The comes, are repulsed but come back. They come again and....we get the throw near our box. And we give it away and....Holden clears but Feeney can't reach it. Throw us and.....Davies and.....nutmegs the defender, gos down and we get the free. Davies and Moxey and.....Vela.....Moxey's effort is poor. We get a throw and....mic men have a chat. They visit again and...Davies does well. Feeney...loses out and.....and.....they win a corner after a sloppy clearance? Huds have made a half-time change sneakily....Skinell gone and Patterson on. Moxey sallies and....Davies and.....Pratley.....Holding does well to get a bad pass from big Dave. They sally, Prince clears, back and Pratley gets Hogged. Bit of mither and now......a free causes some agro in the box but it goes for a goal kick.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:20 pm

A couple of dubious decisions by the ref, but we can't complain as we seem to have benefitted too. Holding goes, Clough can't hold it and....Moxey clears......Davies, Moxey again and.....Patterson and.....it's 1-0 them....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:21 pm

Gravedigger wrote:True DSB. I keep thinking it's just because it's us.
Nah, it happens in some Prem games too mate. As I imagine it's automated software it'll be less to do with Aunty Beeb than lags in the feed provided by Opta. Two poor suckers watching each game on video and noting down where everything happens!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:21 pm

They get one firing into an open goal after a rebounded save. Now we need that uphill stuff again.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:21 pm

FFS. Licked by a Lolley. Knew I'd seen this one before. For all that early pressure we still haven't had a shot on target.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:22 pm

Amos beaten again from distance?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:24 pm

Prince cock up again?